Gink Wolf - The Rise to Rockstar Status (or fall to local pub alchoholic?)

So I thought I'd check my reputation at the manager screen, and I was quite surprised, and disappointed, with what I saw.

World-2.png

Is it really that easy to gain a high reputation?
I've left a club to rot in CH and transfered to a mediocre almost bankrupt club in Turkey, and I'm listed with guys like Ancelotti, Mourinho, Benitez, and Wenger, just to name a few. Seems getting better clubs to manage is pretty easymode then, or what?
Or am I just not understanding the meaning of the reputation screen right? :p Is there some other stat clubs (the game) check for to see if you're suitable new manager for a club?

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:03 PM ----------

31st of august has passed, and I've had a lot busier transfer window that I could ever had imagined.

I let some top earners, and some top performers go for practically nothing compared to what I could've got. But I was able to bring in some cheap replacements.
Tried to get rid of Rigobert Song by offering him up for free, but no one would touch him because of a long term injury, so I'm stuck with his 20k per week paycheck.
The same goes for Tjikuzu, offered for free, but no offers. Very strange, because he's actually a pretty decent DM, I just don't have room for him. (max 8 foreigners can be registered with the squad)

transfersummer10.png

Some of these players I did not want to sell, like Gustavo Colman. He was my best CM, but he was too expensive to keep, and he had to go. Worth noting though, that he's on a loan to buy, so he might be back.
Tony Sylva was my goalie, but he was making too much money too, as well as occupying a very valuable foreigner spot in my starting 11.
Selcuk is a solid CM/DM type, shame I had to let him go. Good turkish players are hard to get, and you really need them because of the max 6 foreigners in the starting 11 rule.

Let a whole bunch of reserves go very cheap and for free to free up the wage budget.

After chopping large chunks of my wage budget, I could finally adjust the slider, and I spent big cash on Sergiy Kryvtsov (who got a red card in his first match), a whopping 1.9M!

Brought Papin in for his staff attributes, he didn't want a coach role, so I signed him as a player until he retires. He asked for like 425 p/w in wages, and that I can manage.

Sebastin Nayar:
This guy should be well known, he starts out as a free agent, and is a good signing for most teams. I was lucky that no one had picked him up during the season.
SebastinNayar.png

Sergiy Kryvtsov:
Also a well known player, a CB any team should pick up. Again, lucky that none had snatched him up before. Won't be too long until the big clubs come knocking though I guess.
Hopefully I've moved to greener pastures before that happens.
4SergiyKryvtsov.png

Mark Viduka:
This is a guy that everyone knows, ex Preamier League. Beast of a forward, very good, but old and slow. Good cover for me though.
26MarkViduka.png

David Hubert:
Don't know if you know this guy, I've never seen him before. Looks like he can be pretty decent to me. Him and Nayar competes for a CM spot.
20DavidHubert.png

Mike Boelee:
This guy was free and wanted 425 per week in wages, so I thought, why not. I should've offered him up for loan though, because I can't really fit him in my registration.
MikeBoelee.png

Will only do a quick update on league and results, as it's still early in the season in the game, and very late at night in real life.

We've had a very good opening, where the Fenerbahce victory was particularly satisfying.
They are contenders for my EURO qualification spot, and they are one of my biggest rivals. :)

fixtureaugust10.png

Three wins and one draw lands us on a good second place so far.
Lets hope this is a sign of good things to come, and that we won't start to flop.

TurkishPremierDivision-1.png

Next big update will be christmas update. Some smaller updates may occur.
Got a lot of work this week, so might be a bit slow.

doing well in the league.

the reason your reputation is like that is because you set your manager to being a former international. this means you already have a high status and can sign players who would not usually come to your club but may do because of your rep.

Ahah. Thanks for the info.
Will be as unknown as I can be next time I do a save like this then.

Aye, he really is amazing, got lucky there.

Am really psyched about this club now after all the financial problems over the summer has been sorted.
I now have about 1.6M to spend on transfers, and I'm 13k under the wage budget.

Just hope I can keep performing. :)

yeah mate you're doing very well hopefully you can have a good season and maybe hitch a ride with better club.

how is the tactical side going for you? getting any easier ?

Haha, well, I still don't really know what I'm doing to be honest.
I should really sit down and read a guide some day.

I used a tactic recommended at the staff meeting, which is a 4-4-1-1, and I've just tried to tweak the player instructions after what kind of stats the player has. Either it's working, and I don't really know why, or I'm just being lucky. :p

well since you're doing well keep it but always remember a side needs a good balance it its attacking and defending duties.

Am I right in thinking Ibrahim Yattara is one of Trabzonspors key players?

Last edited:
Yup, he's mentioned under "Other noteworthy players" in post 33 on this page. :)

Good right winger.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 02:20 AM ----------

Hey!
It's going a bit slow with the game nowadays, as I'm working twelve hour days at work this week, and probably next week as well. Lots to do, busy busy busy!

Thought I'd give you a small update though, as I just finished November, and I'm just so **** proud of my boys.

11games1st.png

Very happy with this. Been playing so well, in spite of having half my center midfield out with injury, and both Egemen and Kryvtsov have been out with red cards.
We've also met some tough teams, bunch of 5-6-7th media predicted teams, + Besiktas.

I'm enjoying it while it lasts, because I know this is to good to be true. :p

Catch you later guys!

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:30 PM ----------

Quick update, even though not much new and exiting has happened.

With a economy that just gets worse and worse, I'm very much stuck with the players I have, with little to do when it comes to starting-eleven improvements. Nor have I been able to sell any players for some reason, though some of the players I've been offering aren't overly terrible.
I did get a very cheap offer for Anthony Annan accepted (with monthly installments :p), but he decided to go to cold and depressing Moscow, over sunny Turkey, go figure.

As I mentioned, the economy has gotten worse, though I did manage to get it somewhat straight during the pre-season.
If you recall, I sold off some top earners (some first pick players) and replaced them with cheaper options to help the clubs economy, but now it's going straight back into the mud.

Come season end, and summer, I'm abandoning ship for the first decent team, unless some tycoon takeover sort of deal goes down.

You can tell on the curve where the preseason's at:
Trabzonspor.png

On the bright side, I've been performing above all personal expectations in the league.
At the start of the season I figured this would be just one of those seasons you suffer through, while waiting for something good to happen.

But as you can see:
january11.png

The support from our fans has been spectacular!
trabzonspor-resimleri-2.jpg

We've been producing some very good results, thanks a great deal to excellent play by Alanzinho, Kryvtsov, Cale, and Gabric (I've introduced these players earlier in case you've forgotten, or most likely, not read it :p).
And now we find ourself in second place, only inferior to the unstoppable force that is Galatasaray (man, I hope their manager dies).

TurkishPremierDivision-2.png

That's it for now. I'm still very busy at work, but I'll keep getting some games done, and hopefully I'll have something interesting to report when summer 2011 rolls around.
The Lyon job has been insecure/stable for a while, and they have been hovering around mid-table all year, so if I could secure the Lyon position come summer, I'd be very happy.

very good season so far but with the finances quickly going down the *******. do your best and if you over achieve more clubs will want you

That's the plan! :)
Hoping for a good, steady team in France, Holland, Germany, or Portugal.
Lyon, Bordeaux, PSV, Porto, Benfica. Something of that stature. A transfer to Man Utd or Real Madrid would be a real anti-climax at this time for me.

Going away for the weekend though, so won't be much play time now until monday or so, which sucks, because I've gotten really into this save now! :(

With one match left of the season and placed second, and the Sevilla position marked as 'Very Insecure', my Macbook screen decides to crash and burn on me.

Taking it to the shop to see if I can get it fixed tomorrow, so I'm crossing my fingers.

**** shame, definitely one of my favorite FM saves this. :(

Hope your Laptop makes it out ok, was really enjoying the story too.

My Mac was too expensive to fix, so I bought a PC. Managed to salvage my save,

salvagecodered-thumbnail.gif

so I can keep the story going.

Will try to get a update up tomorrow, still trying to get used to the PC. :p

Edit:

By the way, does anyone know of a free photo viewer for win 7 where you can cut images?

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:32 PM ----------

Finally, after getting that last game over with, my second season came to an end.
I could with great satisfaction conclude that in spite of all the financial trouble, low morale, and sub-par performances that plagued the team when I took over, we had one **** of a good season.

Games played since last update:
Trabzonsporfixt.jpg

End of season table:
TurkishPremierDivision-3.jpg

I did not reach my goal of a Turkish Cup semi final, but it went well over my expectations in the league. The board and the fans was also very pleased.

As you can see, the last stretch of the season was a real thriller, with a Kayserispor team that seemed unstoppable chasing us every game.

Some top notch performances by Kryvtsov, Alanzinho, and Gabric, was the key in bringing the season home. Kryvtsov is surely a player to bring with me to another club, he ended the season with a 7.40 rating over some 35 matches.

Now the player holiday is upon us, and it`s time for me to start thinking about where my career is going. Another season in the economical black hole that is Trabzonspor is not very appealing, though I`m really starting to develop a soft spot for the club.
Time will tell!

On another note, my previous club Reading is looking at another year in the CL, but I was pleased to see that some of the players I brought in have been some of their key players this season.

CL table:
Coca-ColaChampionship2011.jpg

Last edited:
a great season mate, give it some more time and you'll defo be champions! :)

Summer Holidays.

So with the season being over, and not having much to do (Trab is a financial nightmare, no transfer budget and no wage budget), I`m all over the job center like a hawk.

I`ve had my eyes on the Sevilla post practically all season, and now it was finally time to show my interest. The position had been very insecure for a long time, so I was pretty confident when I approached.

But:
sevillano.jpg

I was a bit surprised at the outcome of this, but was quick to show interest in a couple other clubs:

atmadridinterest.jpg

I also applied to Porto, Lazio, and a couple other clubs. (AZ among them if I remember correctly).
Understandably, me being so eager to leave the club for greener pastures left a sour taste in the mouth of the Trabzonspor board:

trabboarddis.jpg

I was a bit worried about getting sacked and ending up with no club at all (and from there ending up as the local pub alcoholic), but then fortune got on my side, on the expense of Abel Resino:

atmadridsack.jpg

Being the leading candidate for the job:

atmadridoffer.jpg

atmadridaccepted.jpg

I`ve never had so many ups and downs with a club as I`ve had with Trabzonspor. As far as FM goes, it was a very emotional and exiting one and a half seasons, and I`ve rarely been so on the edge of my seat during games as I`ve been during my spell in Trab.

I have to admit, it was with a heavy hart I saw this message appear on my screen:

trabbyebye.jpg

As I`m writing this, it`s pre-season, and I`ve bought and sold some players, sacked and hired some staff, and been getting to know the At. Madrid squad.
There will be a bigger update on transfers and pre-season at a later time, but I`m going to put a little pre-view in for you guys:

The most expensive transfer during my entire time playing FM 09 & FM10:

gourcuffbuy.jpg

My first transfer with At. Madrid is probably around ten times what I`ve spent total during the first three seasons in this save. :O

I`m really looking forward to seeing the duo Gourcuff/Aguero tearing up Liga BBVA defenses. :D

Later.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:13 PM ----------

Pre season is now over, and september has come around, so it`s time for a update on the pre-season and my transfers, as well as a short introduction of the squad.

The pre-season results are as usual nothing special, though I`m pleased with scoring up to nine goals in some games, even against teams I`m far superior to.
It looks promising.

friendlies12.jpg

On the transfer side, there`s been a lot of action. I`ve sold about a ton (literally) of players, and I`ve secured some quality signatures, most notably Gourcuff for a whopping 40M.
I was given a 40M transfer budget, so with some sales, I still had a nice amount to play with.
Only notable sale was Forlan. I did not want to sell him, but at age 32, I felt it was time to let him go. He is still amazing, but the 9M bid from Chelsea was hard to resist, and with the regen Gonzalez (see below), I also had a good replacement for him.

I made a couple free agent signings, and I was able to dig up a few regens that look quite amazing.

transferouta12.jpg

transferoutb12.jpg

transferin12.jpg

Jelle Van Damme: Decent defender that was brought in to provide cover center and left. Have played amazing during friendlies and the first four games of the season.
jellevandamme.jpg

Emanuel Pogatetz: Defender that was also brought in to provide cover, but has also impressed during the pre/early season.
emanuelpogatetz.jpg

Fernando Paredes: Regen player.
fernandoparedes.jpg

Jose Luis Gonzalez: Another amazing regen.
JosLuisGonzlez.jpg

Lawrence Mkhize: Regen. Good find, came from a south african club.
There was another amazing regen DC from the same club, but Chelsea snatched him. :(
LawrenceMkhize.jpg

Kazimierz Gnoinski: 2012 regen, have some high hopes for this guy.
KazimierzGnoinski.jpg

I`m not going to give a very detailed introduction to At. Madrid, as it`s a fair bit more known than my previous clubs, and I`m sure many of you know a bit about them.
Players I consider to be key players in the squad is probably well known throughout the FM community, so I`ll only mention them.
Aguero, Simao, Camacho, Raul Garcia, Reyes and Asenjo are original At. Madrid players that are still around and going strong.
Maxi Rodrigues and Pongolle have been sold by the previous manager.
Alvaro Rubio, Deco, Obasi and Yannick Djalo have been brought in previous to my appointment as manager.

Allright, that`s about it for now. I`m dead tired after a two weeks of 12-14 hour days at work and little sleep, so if I forgot anything I`ll add it later.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

By the way, here`s the regen Chelsea stole from me.
He was a perfect fit with my squads mentality too. :'(

DaveCrawford.jpg

That's a fast rise from Championship to La Liga! GL mate, nice layout.

Thanks. :)

I can`t help but feel a little unsatisfied with how quick and easy it is, but I guess as someone said earlier, that it`s because I chose to be an international footballer.
Next time I`m going to be completely unknown, and probably start a little lower.

Oh well, going to stick with this save until I`ve won a couple CLs with a couple different clubs at least.