WOW!! You don't with the league with Stoke in first season often ;)

Keep us up to date with how your second season is going Gonzo

Should be interesting, hows the season going so far? Going to give this a try with my PSV team now, I have Simao(DMC) at right centre mid and Muntari (MC) at left centre mid, will that be ok?

Do you use opposition instructions? What is the ideal pitch size? Have given it a couple of games testing and it looks really positive!

Something I noticed in my Derby game, don't know if it's just coincidence but I won my first 7 games playing with two target man type strikers in Sammon and Kozak, Sammon then got injured and I replaced him with a pacey type striker for the next 3 games, and I lost all 3 including being knocked out of the cup to Scunthorpe and neither of my strikers could score! Sammon then returned from injury and I have won 5 and drew 1 out of the last 6 games and my strikers are banging them in.

You say in the opening post that strikers need pace and dribbling but my experience so far is that target men work best and your Stoke game seems to suggest the same.

Mid season update! We have not been as prolific in the goalscoring department of late and have had to come from behind in a few games, but the wins are still coming and in January we sit top of the championship 17 points clear with a record of 21 wins 2 draws 4 defeats 54 scored 19 conceded 65 points.

Not bad so far :)

Right Striker Libor Kozak 21 games 15 goals 10 assists 7.93 av
Left Striker Conor Sammon 21 games 14 goals 7 assists 7.29 av

Should be interesting, hows the season going so far? Going to give this a try with my PSV team now, I have Simao(DMC) at right centre mid and Muntari (MC) at left centre mid, will that be ok?

If you look at the player instructions, the right CM is a little bit more attacking and has a little bit more creative freedom.

Mid season update! We have not been as prolific in the goalscoring department of late and have had to come from behind in a few games, but the wins are still coming and in January we sit top of the championship 17 points clear with a record of 21 wins 2 draws 4 defeats 54 scored 19 conceded 65 points.

Current league table :)

View attachment 341476

Do you use opposition instructions? What is the ideal pitch size? Have given it a couple of games testing and it looks really positive!
Hey Thorpado, no i did not use any op's and i used standard pitch size :) Could you give me some feedback when the season is over. And what team are you managing mate ?

Something I noticed in my Derby game, don't know if it's just coincidence but I won my first 7 games playing with two target man type strikers in Sammon and Kozak, Sammon then got injured and I replaced him with a pacey type striker for the next 3 games, and I lost all 3 including being knocked out of the cup to Scunthorpe and neither of my strikers could score! Sammon then returned from injury and I have won 5 and drew 1 out of the last 6 games and my strikers are banging them in.

You say in the opening post that strikers need pace and dribbling but my experience so far is that target men work best and your Stoke game seems to suggest the same.
I have to agree with you there mate. When I was managing stoke I found that really helpful to have strikers who play like target mans. I will update the opening post today cause I think that these stats are not the right one. Also in my stoke save my strikers who were pacey like Jerome did not score anything.

Hey mate, I am only in pre season with liverpool. I am going to finish that later. I am gonna fish the second season with stoke first :) to answer your midfielder question I would make the one who is bit more attacking on the right. Hope you have success with PSV Mate :)

Just lost 1-0 away at Burnley :( a penalty!!! That brings to an end 16 wins in a row :p Only 23 points clear now lol

That is great news mate, glad it is working for you. And who is this Libor Kozak guy. I am seeing this guy everywhere on Fm Base :)

Just beat Liverpool 4-2 in the FA Cup quarter final :D And I had both my first choice strikers out injured and suspended!!!

Hey Gonzo11! I've been using ur 442 with barca in 2019 (before anyone jumps on me I know, I know barca...this is only my second season with them & I only have Messi & Valdes remaining from the original squad!).

i'm averaging 4 goals a game which is better than any other tactic has given me!! It just appears absolutely lethal upfront! I have Lukaku, Messi & 2 regens upfront (all different shapes & sizes) i haven't noticed whether talk players work better upfront but that's because their worldies!

wen I get home I'll upload some screenies but all in all a cracking tactic well done!!