Your tactic is very good defensively as well.. I found it was great to be used away against tough opposition as well. Well done. I tested it a bit.. Very good and stable too. The right striker scores more than the left though. But the left assists more. Cheers.

My right striker scores and assists more than the left, he scored a few from corners this season though. Just finished my first season up in the prem and with a pretty **** team (made a few free transfers) i managed to finish 3rd!!!! with 74 points, I was top for a while but had a really tough finish to the season with Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool all in the last few games. Liverpool won the league with 81 points. Kozak was joint top scorer in the prem with 25 goals in 34 games.

Hoping I get a decent transfer budget for next season so I can push for the title.

Your tactic is very good defensively as well.. I found it was great to be used away against tough opposition as well. Well done. I tested it a bit.. Very good and stable too. The right striker scores more than the left though. But the left assists more. Cheers.
Thanks mate. Glad it is working for you. I agree with you. In my stoke save my striker scored more. Cheers.

My right striker scores and assists more than the left, he scored a few from corners this season though. Just finished my first season up in the prem and with a pretty **** team (made a few free transfers) i managed to finish 3rd!!!! with 74 points, I was top for a while but had a really tough finish to the season with Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool all in the last few games. Liverpool won the league with 81 points. Kozak was joint top scorer in the prem with 25 goals in 34 games.

Hoping I get a decent transfer budget for next season so I can push for the title.

Hey mate, as i said to Zizunola on my stoke save my right striker scored more. I will probably update the opening post. On my Dortmund save my left striker scored more. But that was Lewandowski ;)
Congratulations on the success mate. I hope it will continue :)

What team talks you use rich_genie & Gonzo? & do you use any shouts?

What team talks you use rich_genie & Gonzo? & do you use any shouts?

I use common sense on team talks, just go with what I feel fits the situation and then give them the individual assertive "have faith" or "more of the same as last time" then half time go with what seems right overall and then individual assertive "have faith", I also do all the pre match interviews etc myself and always pick the most positive option to raise morale as I don't think over confidence is a problem in this years game, the higher it is the better.

No shouts at all and no opposition instructions.

Is anyone still using this tactic? Looks good with great results. I came across it from the 442 thread.
I have started to use it with decent results considering no where near fluid.
Ok so I have lost my first 3 league games with Watford in the prem but it was Liverpool 3-1 man utd 3-2 and arsenal 1-0. But my team is way off any good premier standard. I have had a cup game and beat Bristol 5-0.
In all the games I have lost I have not been massively out classed.

Going to stick with it and see what happens.

Is anyone still using this tactic? Looks good with great results. I came across it from the 442 thread.
I have started to use it with decent results considering no where near fluid.
Ok so I have lost my first 3 league games with Watford in the prem but it was Liverpool 3-1 man utd 3-2 and arsenal 1-0. But my team is way off any good premier standard. I have had a cup game and beat Bristol 5-0.
In all the games I have lost I have not been massively out classed.

Going to stick with it and see what happens.

I'm still using it and it's been quite succesful for me. I've tweaked it with the "Il devasto" settings for the strikers wich I find give the attack more of an edge.

But tweak or no tweak I'd say it is a very solid tactic.

Thanks for the reply. Who have you been playing with? Like I said I have the hard objective of keeping Watford in the premier league. It's going to be tough!!
I will look at the tweaks that you mentioned

Can't believe this thread has not had more response, I am using it with Tranmere and Ireland and battering everyone. Beat Germany (the real Germany without fake players) 5-2 and Sweden away 4-1.

I think having 2 good all round strikers really pushes this tactic to the next level, weakling poachers don't show this in all it's glory, strong strikers are the dogs nads on this years fm. Ireland doing really well with Walters, Long and even Conor Sammon performing great.

I tried this tactic with Leeds, and it didn't really do much for me, I might give it another go (rich_genie, would you say this ranks pretty high out of all the ones you played with?).

I might try drop one of the Strikers to AM to utilise someone running from deep, and maybe try a version with a DMC, just to get people playing between the lines...

I have recently stop using this tactic after about 10 competitive games as I had not won once with it. Think it was a mixture of being a really really weak Watford team in the prem and not having great strikers!
I would imagine if I was a established prem team it would be better.
I will try it again in the future but for now I needed to stop the rot and get some points on the board

I'm still using it and it's been quite succesful for me. I've tweaked it with the "Il devasto" settings for the strikers wich I find give the attack more of an edge.

But tweak or no tweak I'd say it is a very solid tactic.

What are these tweaks?

I tried this tactic with Leeds, and it didn't really do much for me, I might give it another go (rich_genie, would you say this ranks pretty high out of all the ones you played with?).

I might try drop one of the Strikers to AM to utilise someone running from deep, and maybe try a version with a DMC, just to get people playing between the lines...

It's a strange one, when I tried it first time with west brim for a few games it looked good but the results were mixed and I drew a lot. I then gave it another go after getting bored with the arrigo sacchi tactic and used it with Derby with great results winning the championship easily and then finishing 3rd I think it was (check earlier in thread) with a pretty **** side, first season in prem. I then tried it with Tranmere and am sitting top of league 1, 30 points clear having won 27 out of 30 games.

So on recent tests I would say this is the best tactic I have tested on fm13, and trust me I have tested a lot!

Oh and I always test with Derby, the 111 points I got with this tactic is the most I have ever got with any tactic on m13, think I managed 101 with the arrigo sacchi tactic.

Last edited:
It's a strange one, when I tried it first time with west brim for a few games it looked good but the results were mixed and I drew a lot. I then gave it another go after getting bored with the arrigo sacchi tactic and used it with Derby with great results winning the championship easily and then finishing 3rd I think it was (check earlier in thread) with a pretty **** side, first season in prem. I then tried it with Tranmere and am sitting top of league 1, 30 points clear having won 27 out of 30 games.

So on recent tests I would say this is the best tactic I have tested on fm13, and trust me I have tested a lot!

Oh and I always test with Derby, the 111 points I got with this tactic is the most I have ever got with any tactic on m13, think I managed 101 with the arrigo sacchi tactic.

I'm the same, in all honesty i'm on the verge of giving up. It's not the not winning, it's the apparent randomness, good one week to shocking the next.

I think i'm in denial that plug and play is dead, I have a feeling the ME is much, much more clinical when punishing players for not using shouts and sticking with one approach in game.

I'll give it a go and see where I get to...Thanks

i thought i would give it a go with stoke and wow finished 2nd in the league by 3 points lost in the fa cup final but won the league cup only signing was kozak all in the first season so thank you gonzo.

Hey guys, i have been away for a while. I haven't played the game for three weeks now and i just started again today. I am thinking about making a new tactic. And i will take any suggestions that you would like in a tactic so please post what kind of a tactic you want me to make :)
Kind Regards, Gonzo

Hey guys, i have been away for a while. I haven't played the game for three weeks now and i just started again today. I am thinking about making a new tactic. And i will take any suggestions that you would like in a tactic so please post what kind of a tactic you want me to make :)
Kind Regards, Gonzo
4-1-2-3

Kind Regards, Gonzo

4-2-3-1