Gunning Down The World - An Arsenal Story

I could win the league and a cup with the arsenal squad at the beginning of the season. Yes, Arsenal do not have the greatest opening team, but you could play Walcott left, Van Persie right and Chamakh down the middle with Gervinho to cover both sides, then you could use Wilshere /Diaby / Song as a compact distributing machine, with the usual defense. Instead you buy world class players, its not interesting at all.

Wilsheres injured up until February, Diaby is also injuerd until late January, and I use 4-4-2 with two wingers instead of left&right mids.

Ramsey got injured until March.

So I was only left with Song, Arteta and Benayoun.

Chamakh and Van Persie got injured several times during Pre-Season so I had to bring in Damiao, but I'll make sure I dont sign superstars :)'

I could win the league and a cup with the arsenal squad at the beginning of the season. Yes, Arsenal do not have the greatest opening team, but you could play Walcott left, Van Persie right and Chamakh down the middle with Gervinho to cover both sides, then you could use Wilshere /Diaby / Song as a compact distributing machine, with the usual defense. Instead you buy world class players, its not interesting at all.

It is intertresting and don't just come out and say it isn't

Last edited:
Gunning Down The World - An Arsenal Story

October
- Review

View attachment 212424

October kicked off with us playing newly promoted Swansea at The Liberty Stadium.

We were lying sixth in the table and I knew we couldn't afford to lose any points because it would cost us later in the season.

I had to play my best eleven in every game this month to get to the top four and stay in a healthy position for the remainder of the year.

-----------

Swansea vs Arsenal

Swansea didn't give us much time on the ball and played keep ball whenever they had the ball.

I got up out of my seat in the first 15 minutes and shouted Keep the ball and look for the easier option!

We were then able to get more time on the ball and were allowed to attack more, but we weren't getting anywhere.

A change or two was needed at half time.

I took off Moroccan striker Marouane Chamakh and brought on injury prone Robin Van Persie who had just recovered from injury, I told Robin not to dribble with the ball and look for the quick release in case he got injured again.

I took off Ivorian winger Gervinho and brought on Theo Walcott, I advised Theo to use his pace against Swansea's slow defense.

Second half was a lot better than the first we looked more hungry and we were first to the ball all the time.

Theo took my advise and knocked the ball past Albanian left back Debatik Curri, Debatik couldn't help him self but to pull Theo's shirt inside the box, unluckily for Curri the referee Lee Probert was right behind him and we were awarded with a penalty.

Van Persie put the ball on the spot and took a few steps back, the fans were on their feet, and so was I, I had a feeling Robin would miss because he weren't doing so well in training when Boro Piromac took him for training.

Robin took a deep breathe in, and I closed my eyes, I whispered to myself, come on Robin, you can do it!

My eyes were still shut and you could hear the loud roar around the stadium, I opened my eyes slowly to see Robin celebrating, I knew the game was ours now!

Moments later we were given another penalty, this time because thirty-two year old Garry Monk handled one of Van Persies shots and was given a red card, although we were only 1-0 up I was confident the game was ours!

Van Persie stepped up again, but this time I kept my eyes wide open, I knew this one was going in, Robin was a clever player, and was obviously going to play mind games with the Dutch keeper Michel Vorm.

Robin ran up to the ball, and pretended like he was going to shoot, the keeper was fooled and was on the ground by the right hand corner, Robin tapped the ball towards the bottom left corner but the determined keeper was already up and in mid air, luckily for us, the ball just skimmed past the keepers finger tips and the fan went wild as Van Persie won us the game at The Liberty Stadium.

-------

Arsenal vs QPR

The lads were in their kits and every single one of them had head phones in, getting prepared for the match with loud and motivational music.

After a brief discussion with Pat, I got up out of my seat, and told the boys there would be a change in tactic.

The boys were puzzled and annoyed because they were so used to the current tactic, but I explained to them it ween't going to be a big deal.

I said instead of playing an attacking 4-4-2, we were going to play against our opponents weaknesses and field an attacking 4-5-1 with three attacking midfielders.

The boys gained focus again as it weren't too different to their current line up, all that changed was Van Persie dropped into a center attacking mid role and wonderkid Damiao was playing a target man role.

Listen now boys, I want you to play through the middle today, and use the target man, wingers I want you to create space by moving out wide and dragging their defenders with you, Robin, you'll be the playmaker today and I want you to play Damiao through.

Hassling the opponents and closing them down will be a key to success today, if we want to win, keep the ball and bully their players into defense, that way they'll be forced into errors and our solid midfield will pick open any mistakes today, I want you to go in hard in Barton and Faurlin, these two are their key players, show them onto their weaker foot and they will give the ball away every time!

Ok hands in now boys, 1, 2, 3, ARSENAL!!!
(I got the lads to do this every game to show that they have a hard working team beside them and that every player is in to give 100%.)

The lads ran out of the changing rooms and into the tunnels where they were immediately taken onto the pitch by the referee.

Twelve minutes into the game and midfield engine Ayew put us 1-0 up with a fantastic curler from outside the box, I was extremely pleased because mistake by defender Anton Ferdinand led to the goal, Ferdinand was pressurized by Hulk and his poor clearance fell to Ayew.

We were only up by one goal and half time was just around the corner, I was preparing my self for a speech to give the boys confidence when Damaios run was found by Van Persie and the wonderkid was one on one with the goal keeper, I got out of my seat to get a closer look, the Brazilian had rounded the keeper and tucked it away to make it 2-0.

I sat back in my seat and the Brazilian was through on goal again, this time he didn't round the keeper but lobbed him, Damiao ran to me in celebration and jumped into my arms like a teenage girl doing so with her boyfriend, I squeezed him tight and I said your doing f**king brilliant, keep going!

The referee blew the whistle for halftime and I didn't have anything to say to the lads but just to play their natural game and that they are doing extremely well.

QPR kicked off for the fourth time in the game and kept the ball for a while.

QPR looked like they were finally in the game when Bothroyd's goal was flagged offside, Szczesny looked like he was keeping a clean sheet today.

The ball was booted down the field by the polish goalkeeper and Damiao knocked the ball through to Van Persie who was now through on goal, I got out of my seat to see Van Persie being taken out by the lunatic Joey Barton, he was set off the field and for an early bath, Van Perie had taken a knock and I subbed him, Chamakh was his replacement and I was hoping he hadn't picked up a knock!

Damiao stepped up to take the penalty and there was no need to get out of my seat because I knew the outcome, Damiao grabbed his hat-trick ran to the fans in celebration.

Last ten minutes of the game approached whe substitute Marouane Chamakh did a reckless slide tackle on Clint Hill and got him self a red card.

Clint broke his leg and was out for the rest of the season, the game resumed and another forced error put Damiao through on goal once more, the goal hungry striker slipped the ball between Kenny's legs and wrapped up the game for us!

I was delighted for the boys, but I warned them not to get too complacent for our next game away at Benfica!

---------

Benfica vs Arsenal

Today was a tough game for the boys but I said aggressively, we haven't been doing well in the Champions League and if we don't win this match, we wont qualify, so boys, I'm expecting you to win tonight!

We were 2-0 up at half time and Ivorian winger got a goal and assisted one for Van Persie, both goals were tap ins but a goal is a goal.

I didn't bother to make any changes to the team, we looked like we were going to win this match with ease, but just before the 70th minute Brazilian defender Luisao jumped above Mertesacker and headed the ball into the goal.

I thought sh*t, we really need to work on defending corners!

I yelled Andrey, your on, and Russian winger stripped off his jumper, Hulk was coming off, he didn't look fit enough to keep up with Maxi Pereira.

Monstrous striker Oscar Cardozo equalized for Benfica with a powerhouse finish.

I was gutted, I got up and shouted Pushh up!!
Walcott your going on!

I had enough of Van Persie mistakes and he was coming off, but after this corner, the corner was whipped in from the right side by Joao and went over everybodys head, the ball slowly curled out, before the ball could touch the ground, the ball was met by Van Persies left foot and smashed into the back of the net, what a way to end his game I thought, Robin seemed annoyed to be subbed, but I sat him down and said U'm resting you for the next game, he agreed with my reasoning and watched the game from his seat.

The final whistle was fast approaching and in the lat few seconds of the game, Gervinho grabbed his second of a game with a wonderful header, he earned himself man of the match, and 3 points for us!

----------

Arsenal
vs Tottenham

A game I told the lads to win, but set my expectations a little too high.

A Szczesny own goal gave Tottenham a 1-0 lead, Defoe chased the ball, and caught it just on the line, he turned Sagna and smashed in a low and hard cross, Szczesny went towards the ball to catch it but deflected of his body and into the net, what a terrible way to start the game!

Just 5 minutes after the own goal Damiao equalized for us with a tap in.

Literally seconds after we scored Scott Parker scored a screamer from 25 yards out, Szczesny was left flat footed and could only watch the ball fly into the net with great speed.

Scott Parker scored his second of the game in the 30th minute and we had a mountain to climb now.

Damiao got his second minutes later with a placed shot into the bottom right corner, we were still losing and the defenders were getting out of position, I was already out of my seat watching this action packed first half and called captain Van Persie over, I told him to attack on Kyle Walkers side, he is their weakest defender and Hulk received the ball more and crossed it in from the left side, in the extra time given, Hulk drilled the ball across the box and Gervinho met it with a diving header to make it 3-3.

Half time whistle went and I knew what to say to team, Alright boys, we've been playing brilliantly and we can win this game now, come on do it for the fans!

The match resumed with the boys looking more focused but the match ended as a draw and the second half turned out a very boring one.

--------

Arsenal vs Westham

We had to win this game, its a League cup one, if we're looking to fulfill my expectations, we must win this one.

The match was a very boring game.

Ilunga the hammers left back blocked a powerful Hulk shot and the ball deflected into his own net.

We had 23 shots and only 6 were on target, I had to make a change and Damiao was coming off and instead Van Persie came on.

The change didn't have an impact until late in the game where Van Persie ambitious shot curled into the top left corner and Robert Green couldn't reach it.

We were lucky to win and were through to the next round.

--------

Stoke vs Arsenal

Another boring match as it turned out to be a defensive match.

Stoke were at home and till played a 4-5-1.

I was extremely frustrated, Stoke were looking to draw and not win the match even though they were at home, my respect for manager Tony Pulis dropped and I was going to make it known publicly.

We didn't look like were going to score from open play and I knew if a goal was going to come, it would come from set piece.

I was right, we was awarded a free-kick and I told Mertesacker, Vermaelen and Sagna to go up for this one, a wonderfully whipped in cross from Andre Santos was met by the head of German defender Mertesacker and the first goal of the game finally came in 50th minute.

Crouch instantly equalized with a solo run from the half way point, he dribbled past Mertesacker and barged Vermaelen out of the way, he was through on goal and placed the ball into the net, Stoke were level and it only took them 7 minutes!

Time was running out very fast and we were given a corner, I shouted for all my defenders to push up again and this time Vermaelen made a run to the near post and headed home another Andre Santos cross.

Five minutes of extra time was given and Sagna took Crouch out and was given a red card, I ran up to the linesman and yelled that wasn't a red come on!

He called the referee over and he told me to get back into my seat or I'll be banned from the next game.

I walked over and whispered to myself, what a wa*ker.

The referee soon blew the full time whistle and Tony Pulis approached me, he held his hand out and I walked by him without commenting or shaking his hand, next week it was all over the news and I pleased that the reporters knew my opinion of Tony Pulis

--------
October 2011

A great month for the team, extra funds were made available by chairman Peter Hill-Wood, and if I were to sing anyone, I was going to invest in some youngsters in January or end of the season.

View attachment 212454

Nice story, but the performance really below par for a team like arsenal.. Sort the tactic out, especially ur defense..

I keep tweaking my tactic around but in my honest opinion i think its Szczesny whose just letting in stupid goals

I have the November and December update ready but the sites being abit dodgey atm

Gunning Down The World - An Arsenal Story.

November Review

View attachment 212479

-------

Arsenal vs S.L. Benfica

Portuguese giants S.L. Benfica were our first game in November, if we won our game against Benfica we would qualify for the knock-out stages of the Champions League.

Before the match kicked off I encouraged the team to keep the ball and tire out the aged Benfica squad, this did not work because Benfica just stood off and let us knock the ball around.

We weren't getting anywhere and changes were required at half time.

With the players picking up silly yellow cards I couldn't make the changes I wanted to, instead I had to switch from a 4-4-2 to a 4-3-1-2 with Hulk as the inside forward and Chamakh as a poacher.

This didn't improve things at all and the scores were level at half time.

The normal Arsenal short passing game was not working either so I demanded the team to use the long balls and send Chamakh running onto the ball.

The second half kicked off and we were 1-0 up already, my long pass tactic gave us the lead with Joao feeding Chamakh a magnificent through ball over the top and the Benfica defenders couldn't keep up, which left Chamakh one on one with the keeper and slotted the ball past the keeper and into the net.

The team gave the long balls a few more tries but the Portuguese team figured out our tactic and had a deep defense line.

I encouraged the team to take long shots and won a few corners.

Ayew took a magnificent long shot which was creeping in when Portuguese keeper Eduardo stretched and pushed the ball over the bar.

Defenders Vermaelen, and Alex Song went up for the corner, stood on the edge of the box.

A curling corner which was whipped in by Andre Santos, was met by Alex Songs head and beat both keeper Eduardo and the defenders on the line

Soon after the second goal we were awarded another corner, this time every player in a red shirt was man marked.

Luckily for us the terrible cross caused a massive confusion between Milan Badelj and Eduardo and Alex Song tapped the ball into the net to secure the win for us.

We qualified for the Champions League knock-out stages and still had two games left, Ajax and Napoli.

----------

Sunderland vs Arsenal

I couldn't make it to the game and club doctors said I had food poisoning.

They advised me to stay home and eat fruit.

I had to watch the game at home on the tele.

I took a look at the starting 11 and I knew it was going to be a bad game for us.

Sunderland were playing a very Defensive 4-5-1 with two defensive midfielders, left and right midfielder with Sessegnon just behind striker Ji Don Won.

We however were fielding our youngsters against such a strong Sunderland side, with the likes of Park Chu Young and Chamberlain playing I knew it was going to be a horrible defeat for us.

Watching defender Michael Turner score was a real slap in the face, not because he was sh*t or anything but because Mertesacker was marking him and Turner managed to be both him and Vrsaljko to header and Polish keeper Szczesny could only watch the ball fly into the net.

Just before half time, Korean striker Ji Don Won scored his first ever goal for Sunderland against us, I was gutted and furious, I got my phone and had Pats number ready to dial at half time.

Hello Pat!? I yelled

Yes Antonio?

What the f*cks going on!?
Put me on loudspeaker!

Ok Antonio, your on loud speaker now.

That was the sh*ttest performance I have ever seen in my life, what the **** is going on in defense, your defending like lunatics, stop diving into tackles and mark your men properly!
Attackers, my granny can get more shots on target than you guys, sort it out!
Midfielders your looking to control the game, not get played around, like a bunch of amateurs.
Andre your coming off and Arteta your on, go and make the difference!

The team played the second half a lot better than the opposition but only managed to get one goal.

A terrible cross from Chamberlain was headed away by Turner and Arteta smashed home a magnificent volley.

I didn't bother to call again, I was disappointed and I thought it would be better if the lads here from in person in training.

---------------

Arsenal vs Westbrom

I had recovered from my illness and explained to the lads how disappointed I was with their performance against Sunderland, I made it clear to them that I want them to win their next match against Westbrom.

Within minutes into the game Westbrom scored from a corner which Tchoyi headed home.

Robin Van Persie soon equalized from a free-kick 20 yards out but the first half performance was disappointing.

A poor first half display from the boys meant a tough half time team talk.

Ok boys, what the **** is wrong with you!?
You don't look like a team who wants to win!
Do you guys want to win!?

Yess mumbled around the room as the boys heads dropped.

Unless you guys don't win this match, training schedules will become more intense and you'll have to work hard for a first team place, we have players in our reserves who would want to play and are willing to give 100% week in week out.

I didn't make any changes and the boys were focused and you could see they wanted to win this one.

From kick off the boys were first to the ball and closing down every single Westbrom player, this was more like it!

Gervinho chased down the back pass to the keeper and rounded the keeper to make it 2-1 Arsenal, I wanted to smile but I couldn't I wanted the boys to see the look on my face so they could keep going.

Soon after scoring Gervinho, sent Chamakh through on goal and Chamakh slotted the ball home, to seal the victory.

I was pleased with the boys and told them that these victories would pay off at the end of the season.

---------

Arsenal vs Napoli

A disappointing victory for us with Van Persie grabbing the only goal in a drab match from a free kick.

Bacary Sagna earned him self a red card and earned himself a ban for the next Champions League game.

-------------

Manchester United vs Arsenal

Wayne Rooney scored a screamer from 30 yards out and another boring and disappointing performance from the lads.

The goal from Wayne Rooney came late in the game and I was heart broken, if we won this game we would be first in the league.

I told the boys I'll deal with it in training again.

----------

Birmingham vs Arsenal

Although Birmingham were in Championship both I and the team were aware that we couldn't get complacent.

A fielded a strong side because it was a cup game and we couldn't afford to lose.

Being away from home the boys played exceptionally well grabbing four goals.

The first two goals were scored by Damiao and Gibbs.

Damiao placed the ball into the bottom left corner when he was sent through by Gibbs.

Gibbs was playing on the left wing and played very well there.

He managed to assist one and score one.

He dashed down the left wing and cut in to smash the ball into the back of the net, the keeper could only watch it go in.

Defender Alex Song headed home a magnificent cross from Van Perise and gave us a 3-0 lead.

In the 90th minuted Van Persie did a solo run and rounded the keeper to then tap the ball in and seal the victor for sure.

A pleasing performance by the team put us through to the next round but first team players Arteta and Vermaelen picked up injuries.

--------

Arsenal vs Liverpool

I demanded the boys to win this game and I said we weren't gonna let Liverpool into our half of the pitch at all!

The boys looked focused and seemed to have gotten a confidence boost from assistant manager Pat Rice.

Within the first 5 minutes we were 1-0 up with Damiao giving us the lead with a simple tap in.

Damiao soon after scored his second goal from outside the box, midfielder Joao layed off the Brazilian and the Brazilian smashed the ball into the top right hand corner to make it 2-0 Arsenal.

The half time came to an end with us being 2-0 up and the only thing I could say to the boys was well done, keep going and all we have to do know is guard ourselves against complacency.

Andy Carroll the English tank put Liverpool back into the game with a decent header which Charlie Adam supplied him with.

Soon after Carrolls goal, Vermaelen the Belgian defender rose above everybody to head home a magnificent cross.

Robin Van Persie secured the win for us with a powerful shot from edge of the area.

With this healthy lead we were 2nd in the league and only 5 points behind Manchester United.

-------------

A good month for us giving us a great position in the League, Champions League and the League Cup.

With January fast approaching the transfer speculations begun.

The press officer took my to my 15th press conference whilst being in charge at Arsenal.

Reporter; Mancini, is it true you are targeting German striker Lucas Podolski?

I haven't thought about bringing him here to Arsenal but now that you mention it, I might take a look a look at him.

Reporter; Is there anybody you are looking to bring in?

Well to be honest I am looking for players that I will need in the future and Brazilian right-back Romario could be a possible signing.

Reporter; Andre Villas-Boas said in a press conference that Arsenal are not a contender for the title this season, would you like to reply to that?

Well Chelsea are nowhere near the top four, in fact they are sixth so I don't see why he is commenting on our position in the league.
That's it for today thank you very much.

I was pretty annoyed because I thought Me and Andre were good friends and he was reported to be interested in Sagna and I was going to accept their £13m bid but now I am going to ask for more.

View attachment 212486

nice update; with a nice run you'll over pass united (H)

Gunning Down The WorldAn Arsenal Story.

December Review.

View attachment 212559

Ajax vs Arsenal

We had already qualified for the knock-out stages of Champions League and finished first in our tough league, with Italian side Napoli coming in just behind us.

To kick start our December month we had to travel to Amsterdam to play Dutch giants Ajax.

I had to rest a few key players for next match against Chelsea.

I rested Van Persie, Damiao, and Gervinho, instead I played Chamakh, Walcott and Arshavin.

I didn’t know what to say to lads but I just told them to go out there and play their natural game and the result will come.

Eight minutes into the match and a long range effort from Andre Ayew put us 1-0.

Four minutes later Andre Ayew placed a penalty nicely into the net to give us a 2-0 lead just 12 minutes into the game.

Walcott tackled defender Jan Vertonghen and was one on one with keeper Vermeer who he rounded and put the ball in the back of the net to give us a healthy 3-0 lead.

Soon after grabbing his first goal Theo Walcott was sent through on goal by Andre Ayew and he rounded the keeper for the second time to make it 4-0.

Marouane Chamakh dived to get on the end of a Hulk cross and celebrated by blowing kisses to the Arsenal fans.

Half time whistle was blown and I dind’t know what to say to the players, they were outstanding, I told them they are playing well and to continue how they were playing.

Ajax came out as if they were a different team, they looked more focused and more hungry for the ball, for 15 to 20 minutes, we barely got any touches on the ball and Szczesny was the man keeping Ajax out of the game.

Just when everyone thought Ajax were back in the game, Arshavin picked the ball up on the right wing, cut in and smashed the ball low and hard into the post and into the net.

Theo grabbed his hat-trick by heading home a beautiful Arshavin cross.

El Hamdaoui the Ajax winger went on a solo run past our defence and lobbed Polish keeper Szczeny.

Szczesny didn’t get his clean sheet but deserved a praise because he was magnificent tonight.

A man of the match was not chosen because everybody played brilliantly.

Chelsea vs Arsenal

Manchester United looked like they were running away with the league title going unbeaten for 10 games and Rooney scoring none stop and De Gea conceding only 8 goals.

Chelsea however were 5th​ in the league and with Torres and Ashley Cole injured we had to win this match, we couldn’t afford to lose it and both, I and the squad were aware of that!

A drab first half came to an end and I didn’t have anything to say to boys but Pat did, Pat explained to the boys that we’re a faster side and we should use this to our advantage, Close Mata down and they will not get anywhere tonight.

We were definitely the stronger side in this match and it was clear.

6o minutes into the game and the first goal came from a powerful free-kick from Robin van Persie, which left Cech flat footed.

Soon after Van Persies goal Gervinho tapped in a rebound to make it 2-0 Arsenal.

Chelsea’s only goal came from Lukaku and it was in the last minutes of the game when a corner was headed away by Mertesacker and landed to Lukaku at the edge of the area and he drilled the ball into the back of the net.

At the end of the match I was called over by the SkySports Reporter who wanted to talk to me.

So Mancini, earlier last month you and Villas-Boas had a little problem going on and today you showed him your side is the better side, you came here today and beat him in his own stadium, how does it feel?

It feels great coming here and beating Chelsea, they’re a fierce rival to us and I proved Villas-Boas wrong today,

Chelsea are 6th​ in the league and we are 2nd​ that says it all.

Manchester United look almost impossible to beat this year do you think their amazing run will continue?

No, Manchester United have a young team and they will soon crack and we’ll over take them in the laeague.

Thank you for your time Antonio, congratulations on your victory here at Stamford Bridge.

-----------

Arsenal vs Bolton

We dominated Bolton through-out the first half and didn’t give a touch of the ball.

The passing was terrific and everything went to plan.

Damiao scored our first goal of the game in just 15 minutes heading home nicely delivered cross from Gervinho.

10 minutes later African defender Alex Song scored a header from a corner whipped in by Van Persie.

Mertesacker headed home our final goal which was supplied by another Van Persie cross but this time from a free-kick.

Arsenal vs Aston Villa

You know what to do boys, I don’t need to go through anything do I? I asked.

I’ll take your silence as a no.

The first goal of the game came in the first minute of the match, when a Van Persie corner was directed in by Vermaelen.

The second goal didn’t take too long come when Robin van Persie tried his luck from 30 yards out and beat the keeper to make it 2-0 Arsenal.

Gervinho got the third not long after Van Persies goal when he was played though on goal by Joao, he tucked the ball in to give us a magnificent 3-0 lead at half time.

Ok boys, things have gone well, but I know you capable of better, we can’t be make silly mistakes, it could cost us. Now go out there and make me proud!

Just on the hour mark Vermaelen headed home his second goal and Van Persie assisted another goal.

Van Persie got his second goal when defender Richard Dunne slipped and Van Persie picked up on his mistake and lobbed keeper Shay Given.

Darren Bent scored Villa’s only goal with Albrighton send him through on a one on one and he slipped the ball through Szczesnys legs.

Another brilliant victory for the boys and early an Christmas gift for me.

I could exclaimed to boys how proud I was of them, I couldn’t show it or tell them because they would get complacent but I was extremely pleased at how hard they were working.

--------

Blackburn vs Arsenal

I looked at the starting line up Blackburn were playing and unbelievably defender Scott Dann was playing upfront on his own, I was shocked that he could even play upfront but I couldn’t underestimate him either.

I told Mertesacker to stick tight to Dann because he could be dangerous.

I was right, Scott Dann opened the game up scoring the first goal of the game in just 18 minutes, he beat Mertesacker to the ball and smashed the ball into the back of the net.

It wasn’t long before we equalized with wonderkid Damiao placing the ball into the net to make it 1-1.

Gervinho drilled in a cross and Formica accidently put it into his own net to give us the lead.

Defender Ryan Nelsen blocked a Damiao shot and the deflected the ball into his own net.

The first half came to a close and I told the boys to keep pushing and not to get complacent.

Late in the game Van Persie curled the ball into the net and secured the win for us.

When the game looked to have finished, Andre Ayew headed home a Hulk cross and made it 5-1 Arsenal.

I finally found the words to tell the boys how proud I was, Boys, I just wanted to say how proud I am of each and every single one of you, you have made my first year at Arsenal a very memorable one, to thank you all for your great performances I have a surprise for you guys on the 29th​ of December.

------------

Norwich vs Arsenal

I took the boys for a fancy meal down at some fancy restaurant, and the boys had a magnificent time.

The food was brilliant and team really enjoyed the night.

On the day of the game against Norwich I had to leave and visit my mum in the hospital, she was extremely ill and I had to leave Pat incharge of the game, I told him I would call him during the game and after the game.

My mother was very old and sick, the doctors were saying that she may pass out anytime in January and she has to stay in hospital for a while.

Son, I’ve been watch your team perform every week, I cannot tell you how proud I am of you, if only your father was here to see this.

Please mum, don’t bring up dad.

(In tears) Son, I have kept a horrible secret from you and I should of told you a while back, your father was an evil man, he was part of a mob family in America before I moved back into the UK to bring you up safely. He would kill, slaughter and torture men for money. He didn’t die he’s still alive in an American jail in New York, after I pass out, I want you to go visit him. I want you to go see him, His name is Vito Mancini, he was part of the Corleone family back in the day.

Mumm, why have you kept this from me all my life!?

Well son, I didn’t want you to turn out like him, or his friends.

But mum, I would of liked to known if my father were alive, evil or not, HE’S MY FATHER!

Please son, what I did was for your best!

What jail is it mum?

He is in Cayuga County Jail.

Mum I need to find out whether he’s alive or not!

Son he is alive.

Ahhh mum how could you do this!?

I’m sorry son.

I left my mum alone for a second to call Pat.

Hello Pat!?

Yess Anto, we’re 3-1 up and Chamakh, Walcott , and Damiao scored our goals.

What were the goals like?

Oh brilliant finishes from the strikers, how’s your mum?

Ohh she’s doing alright, but I just found out my father was part of the Corleone family.

WHAT!? Your kidding me right!? The mob Family!?

No Pat, she seemed serious, he’s apparently in Cayuga County Jail, I’m going to meet him in June.

Oh that’s terrible. YEESSSSS!!! Roared through the phone.

What’s happening Pat?

Damiao just scored a bicycle kick, it’s was a magnificent goal to watch, we’re now 4-1 up Antoo.

Oh thanks Pat, I’ll catch you later, Byee.

Bye Ant, I hope the best for your mum.

------------------

Mancini Given Manager of the Month!

View attachment 212560

Receiving a Manger of the Month Award was absolutely fantastic, it was a brilliant way to forget about my pa and continue with football, I could stop thinking about my mum, knowing I could lose her anytime soon gave me a feeling that would ruin any mood I had, I tried not letting it bother me but, my dads in jail in America and my mum will pass away anytime soon wasn't the greatest thing to have in your thoughts.

The only way to forget everything was football.
I already lived a footballling life and football was almost my religion.
But I guess I'll have to breathe football too.​

January Review

View attachment 212628

An exciting month for the squad closing the gap on Manchester United.

Peter Hill-Wood Invited me to his office to discuss how pleased he is with the progress Arsenal are making.

He added an extra £20m on the £22.25m that was available, so we had an outstanding amount of £42.25m available.

French Right-back Bacary Sagna demanded a move away from Emirates and when I told him he an leave at the end of the season he said he wants to leave in this transfer window, so I had to transfer list him and rivals Chelsea made an amazing bid of £17.75m and I had to accept the offer even tough Chelsea were rivals.

Korean Striker Park Chu Young also wanted to leave the club an A.C Milan offered £3m straight up with out any installments and I accepted this offer too.

I was left with £63m to spend and build on my youth.

--------------

Arsenal vs Newcastle

I had to stay in the hospital with my mum but I watched this game on T.V and didn't phone my assistant Pat instead I allowed and trusted him to take charge of this game.

Pat played a strong team against Newcastle and we were 4-0 up at half time.

Dutch Dynamite Robin van Persie scored the first goal of the game with an amazing free-kick from outside the box and keeper couldn't stretch enough to stop the ball from going in.

Andre Ayew scored a magnificent placed shot from the edge of the area and keeper couldn't reach it again.

Hulk made it 3-0 with a solo run and a powerful finish to knock Newcastle out of the game.

Brazilian star Damiao scored the fourth goal of the game with a header and secured the win for us.

I had to call Pat to congratulate him on the magnificent win.

Hello Pat?

Hello Ant, did you see the boys play today, they were brilliant!

Yes, I was watching the game on T.V well done Pat, I have to give it to you.

Oh thanks Antoo.

Its a shame you'll be leaving us at the end of June.

Sorry, but I'm getting old Anto, I'll recommend some assistants for you just before I leave ok?

Sure Pat, Congrats on today.

Thanks, Anto, how's your mum doing?

She's doing alright I guess doctors say she'll make another month or two.

Oh that's great, well kinda.

Alright Pat I gotta go, take care, I'll join both you and the squad soon.

Bye Antonio.

-----------

Southampton vs Arsenal

Three days after the Newcastle game we had another match the doctor said I could leave my mum tomorrow, but I couldn't make this game.

I left Pat in charge of this game too and he played a very young squad where the average age was 22.

Although the young team played well, the match ended as a boring draw and this time I didn't call Pat, but I texted him instead.

Hey Pat, unlucky today, good choice on picking the youngsters, we needed to rest our first team players.
Pat I want you to make an offer for Malaga's Solomon Rondon. (with the departure of Park, we now had a striker less, and with the available we were allowed to bring in some talent.)
Offer £7.5m and if they do not accept don't offer anymore.

Cheers Pat, Antonio.

-----

Arsenal vs West Brom

I was finally allowed to leave my mum unsupervised and I could make it to next game against West Brom.

I had to play strong side against West Brom, if we were going to qualify for the next round of the League Cup.

The boys knew what to do, I didn't have to explain anything to them, they clearly showed me the previous games that I don't need to do much in order for them to win.

Our top scorer Robin van Persie, was on great form and scored in the 30th minute when Hulk supplied him with a lovely cross and he placed the ball into the top right corner.

Striker Chamakh soon doubled our lead with a nicely placed shot through the West Brom keeper.

A great game for the club and we looked very dangerous in each and very competition, we were playing Rangers in the champions league and Southampton in the F.A Cup.

I didn't have anything to say to boys because I had transfers in mind and had to sort out the Rondon transfer move.

--------------

Arsenal vs Southampton

If we wanted to go through to the next round of the F.A Cup we had to field a strong side against Southampton today.

I fielded my best 11 with Van Persie and Chamakh upfront and Arshavin and Gervinho in LAM and RAM.

Arshavin follwed up a Chamakh shot and tapped it in to make it 1-0 Arsenal.

Soon after scoring Arshavin whipped in a corner and giant defender Per Mertesacker headed it in.

Morgon Schneiderlin scored for Southampton with a long range effort and curled its way into the net, Szczesny couldn't stop it in time.

Robin van Persies run was found by Arshavin and he placed the ball into the net to make it 3-1 Arsenal.

A good win for us and we were through to the next round.

-----------

Arsenal vs Manchester City

This was a must win for us.

I fielded a strong team again, and told the boys there was no way we were going to lose to these sh*t head, money grabbing c*nts!

Aguero scored with a flukey chip and Manchester City fans went crazy but this didn't mean it was over for us, we were just getting started.

Mertesacker equalized for us in the dying minutes of the first half when a corner from Mikel Arteta caming flying over everyone and Merteascker beat Vincent Kompany to the ball and Joe Hart just stood still and watch the ball go into the to top right corner.

Mertesacker ran over to the Arsenal fans and kissed his badge with passion and asked the fans to make some more noise!

Robin van Persie broke the Manchester City hearts when he scored to make it 2-1 in the last few seconds of the first half.

A solo run with a top draw finish left keeper Joe Hart standing still again!

The first half came to an end and I had to encourage the boys.

Come on lads you can win today, these players in Manchester City are only here for the money, the players at Arsenal however are here because they love the club and they are determined to take the club forwards, go out there and make me proud!

Damiao looked motivated by that half time team talk and went out there and grabbed us another goal to give us a good 3-1 lead.

Brazilian winger Hulk tried his luck from 30 yards out and Joe Hart couldn't help but to let the ball fly into the net, not a good day for keeper Joe Hart or Manchester City.

Arshavin scored our last goal on a rebound of his firs attempt which Joe Hart saved easily but parried the ball right in front of Arshavin for him to score.

Well done boys, you were great out there, why cant you play like that every game!?

The players were happy with the win and were looking forward to the next game.

--------

West Brom vs Arsenal

Before this game I agreed a contract with Rondon and his agent and Rondon would be available for the team selection next game.

I sent a £4.9m bid for Brazilian Right Back Romario to cover both left and right back with the departure of Sagna, unluckily for us, Romario had just signed a new contract and the minimum fee release clause went up to £10.75m, so I had to bid £4.9m in order for Vitoria to accept the bid, his agent said we will discuss a contract over the phone because his client cannot get a work permit easily.

I rested some players but kept Robin on, he was on great form and I didn't want it to drop!

He instantly showed his great form off by scoring a penalty, smashing it straight in the middle but the keeper guessed wrong.

The match came to an end and we won 1-0 with Van Persies penalty giving us the lead, we were though to the next round of the League Cup.

------------

Blackpool vs Arsenal

Blackpool clearly proved to us they are no push overs, but they were at home and they had more supporters supporting them.

Chamakh scored to opened up the game and scored a lovely header.

Ormerod equalized for Blackpool instantly and the game couldn't get any worse for us when Blackpool doubled their lead with a Molina tap in.

Half time whistle went and I had a serious talk with the boys.

What the F*ck is that!?
We should be winning these matches, regardless, home, or away!
Come on boys fix the f*ck up!
Now go out on to the pitch and show me something else.

Arshavin put us back on level terms with a cracker from 18 yards out.

Chamakh grabbed his second goal soon after Arshavins goal with a brilliant one on one finish.

When we thought we had won the match Clarke scored for Blackpool to break hearts and we had to play them in a second leg game.

The first half was as improvement boys, but that just shows if you f*ck up in the first half, it would cost you!

--------

Everton vs Arsenal

I couldn't do the team talk because I was using the toilet, but I asked Pat to hold the team talk for today.

Finishing up in the loo, I heard a loud ARSENAL! and I knew that this was going to be a good day for us.

Jack Rodwell scored for Everton but we knew we were going to come out winners today.

Chamakh scored a magnificent long ranger to put us 1-1 with Everton.

Chamakh scored his second goal 2 minutes after he scored his first goal, a wonderful placed shot and Howard couldn't stop it.

The first half came to an end and we looked like clear winners.

After a while of passing the ball around Joao found a gap in the Everton defense and sent Hulk through on goal, Hulk smashed the ball through the keepers legs.

Damiao scored the last goal of the game to show that we were coming for United, he celebrated in fashion and danced like a true Brazilian and Samba'd with Brazilian team mate Hulk.

A great win for us well done, I want you to go home and rest for the next game, ok lads!?

----------------

A successful month for us, with successful negotiations, Romario and Rondon signed for us for a fee of £12.4m.

French youngster Mbaye Niang was also signed for our side for a fee of £8m and when he reaches 4 goals for us we will give Stade Malherbe Caen £4m and when he reaches 20 appearances for us we will give them another £3m.

A great month for us, and I cannot wait to work with the youngsters!

View attachment 212657

I made it clear to the boys that the only reason why we have been doing so well is because the hard work they put in training!​

Last edited:

February Review

View attachment 212779

Two players departed the club and two players joined the team in January and Marco Verratti and Mbaye Niang would join the team at the end of the season.

Being in all competitions and the young team were doing so well in every competition we looked a threat to all the clubs and we were catching up to Manchester United in the league, as I predicted that Manchester United would soon slip and start losing points, Manchester United drew several matches and we were able to take over.

------------

Arsenal vs Fulham

Robin van Persie scored in the forst minute of the game with a wonderful free-kick to give us a good 1-0 lead.

Aaron Ramsey scored in the 54th minute to double our lead with a brilliant smash at goal which Robin van Persie layd him off with.

--------------

Arsenal vs Blackpool

Hulk scored the only goal of the game to put us through to the next round of the F.A cup with a amazing diving header.

----------------

Wigan vs Arsenal

Robin van Persie scored four minutes after half time to give Arsenal a 1-0 lead with placed shot into the net.

Experienced midfielder Steed Malbranque the tapped in a rebound to put home side Wigan back
on level terms.

In just three minutes after Wigan equalized midfielder Joao Moutinho scored to give us a 2-1 lead ad win us the match here at the DW Stadium.

-----------------

Wolves vs Arsenal

African midfielder Andre Ayew played exceptionally well and got the only goal in the game.

Ayew was all over Wolves in the first and second half and dominated the midfield today.

He asked me in January if I could bring his brother Jordan Ayew to the club and he highly recommended him.

I was unhappy to disappoint Andre Ayew because I didn't think Jordan Ayew was good enough for the club and he had a high asking price of £7m which we couldn't meet.

Andre's goal was a simple tap-in after a massive scramble in the box which was caused by a terrible corner.

-------------

Wolves vs Arsenal

A tough F.A cup game because Wolves showed they were not going to be pushed around here at the Molineux, but a stroke of luck did the job for us and put us through to the next round.

Ivorian winger Gervinho put us in the lead with a magnificent shot from the edge of the area and the joy was soon blown away by an own goal from Polish goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski.

Damiao put us back in to the lead immediately after scoring a powerful header which the Wolves goalkeeper couldn't stop.

Wolves only had one shot on target and that was Steven Fletchers 70th minute shot which beat the keeper Lukasz Fabianski.

Just when the Wolves fans thought it was over, speedy striker Theo Walcott anticipated a back pass, picked up on it and smashed the ball into the net to confirm the Arsenal victory.

----------

Rangers vs Arsenal

We were handed an easy opponent for the knock-out stages and we knew that this game was ours.

Gigantic defender Per Mertesacker headed home a cross and gave us a 1-0 lead and 1 away goal.

Leandro Damiao soon scored the second of the game sealing the leg for us with a flamboyant finish.

Johan Djourou headed home our final goal in the 90th minute with a simple header from the near post.

We had our next leg at home with 3 away goals so we knew we were through but we would face Spanish giants Real Madrid in the next stage, wasn't too sure with this fixture!

------------

Wembley
League Cup Final
Tottenham vs Arsenal

If we win today boys, it would be our first cup in years! we have to win boys, not only for the club or the money, but for the fans, they're the ones who really pay your wages, so do them a favor and win them a trophy, its not much to ask for, yes Tottenham are a good team, but we all know your better, so go out there and make me, yourselves and the fans proud, and most importantly, show traitors Fabregas, Clichy, and Nasri that you can win silverware!

The atmosphere was brilliant at Wembley, the fans were loud, there was more Arsenal fans than Tottenham, the trophy had red and white ribbons on it already, the trophy is ours.

A close game with both sides have 50% possession, both sides had 12 shots but Tottenham had 4 shots on target and we had 3.

At half time the scores were level at 0-0.

Come on boys you can do this.
I have all faith in you and I'm pretty sure you have everything to win this Cup, so I want you to go out there and come back with the cup, ok!?

Boosting up the players confidence and captain Robin van Persie went out there and scored the only goal in the game with a magnificent placed shot the keeper Gomes couldn't stop.

Robin van Persie lifted the cup up, and the day couldn't get any better for him, scoring the only goal in the game and lifting a trophy after years of hard work, I was really pleased with the squad and this was just what we needed to push up on Manchester United and take them over in the league.

-------------------------

An amazing month with the players lifting up a piece of silverware for the first time in years and you could just see the joy in their faces.

This was just the beginning of Domination, not just for Arsenal, but for me too.

View attachment 212682

Last edited:
Great win in the League CUp Final , nothing makes me happier than a win over the yids.

March Review

View attachment 212783

One trophy down, three to go, is what I told the boys, we were looking to do the quadruple.

Yes, we were going to win the F.A Cup, Barclays Premier League, and the Champions League.

We had the right players, the fans, and the staff, all we needed was the right attitude from every single member of Arsenal, including the fans.

-----------------

QPR vs Arsenal

QPR were last in the league and we had to win this match, no time for losing or drawing, we needed wins and winning was the only way to please me.

Damiao headed home our first goal from a corner and gave us a 1-0 lead just before half time.

I didn't have anythingto say to the boys, they knew what I wanted and I was going to get it.

Robin van Persie doubled our lead at 74th minute, rounding the keeper to then tap the ball into the net.

-------------

Arsenal vs Swansea

I told the boys again, the next few games in the Premier League were soft and easy games, they could relax as long as they won the matches because if we earn the points now, we can afford to lose points towards the end of the season.

Per Mertesacker smashed the ball into the net after his header was cleared of the line to make it 1-0 Arsenal.

Robin van Persie scored just before the half time whistle with a curling shot which beat the keeper and curled its way into the net to double our lead.

Well done boys, you know what your doing go out there and make it happen.

Scott Sinclair scored Swansea's only goal with a cheap tap-in which Szczesny should of saved in all honesty.

Robin van Persie knocked Swansea out of the game by smashing the ball into the net and leaving the keeper clueless of how it happened.

-----------

Arsenal vs Stoke

Defenders Per Mertesacker and Johan Djourou gaves us our 2-0 lead both scoring headers that Stoke City keeper couldn't stop.

Rudi Skacel injured Van Persie before half time and Walcott replaced him and scored a typical poacher goal.

Leandro Damiao scored a powerful smash which Stoke keeper coudn't stop.

The second half began and Ricardo Fuller scored for Stoke with a magnificent header.

Johan Djourou scored his second of the game with a powerful long ranger that keeper threw into his own net.

----------------

Arsenal vs Rangers

A boring match came to an end with a 0-0 draw but we proceeded into the next round of the Champions League.

-----------------

Liverpool vs Arsenal

We faced Liverpool for the F.A cup and drew 1-1 with Liverpool.

With Carroll grabbing their goal and Arshavin grabbing ours, we had to face Liverpool in a second leg fixture.

--------------------

Tottenham
vs Arsenal

A North London derby came close to Tottenham coming close to beating us.

Andre Ayew scored an amazing volley from the edge of the area and gave us a 1-0 lead.

Van der Vaart scored from the penalty spot for Tottenham to put them on level terms.

Marouane Chamakh scored a lovely header to give us the lead and win us the game.

Unfortunately Gervinho was injured by Ex-Arsenal player William Gallas.

--------------------------------

Arsenal vs Sunderland

Captain Robin van Persie scored in the fourth minute from outside the box and the shot was too powerful for keeper Simon Mignolet to stop

Sunderland defender then put the ball into his own net to double our lead and put us in a safe position.

Etienne Capoue scored in the last minute of the match to make it 2-1 Arsenal.

-----------------

Real Madrid vs Arsenal

Going into a game at Bernabeu with an attacking mentality is always a bad idea and we clearly figured this out.

Real Madrid dominated the game having 55% of the possession and 26 shots but only 12 of the 26 were on target.

Young keeper Szczesny kept Arsenal on level terms with some fantastic saves and put us in a safe position in the home match.

---------------------

West Brom vs Arsenal

Midfielder Joao Moutinho gave Arsenal the lead with a wonderful strike from 25 yards out.

Anthony Mounier put West Brom back into the game when he smashed the ball into the net in the dying minutes of the first half.

Mertesacker volleyed in from the near post to win the game for Arsenal.

------------------

Finally over took Manchester United in the League and we were confident in beating Real Madrid at home.

Next month should be an interesting month, playing Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool in the league.

We also had Real Madrid in the second leg of the Quarter Finals, and Liverpool in the Quarter finals of the F.A Cup.

Another great update mate. Keep it up.

A little suggestion for next season ( I hate changing things in layout midway through a season ), How about adding a few screenshots of the Results , possibly the big games, and then at the end of every update the League Table.

Cheers, I didn't know whether to add a screenshot or not, I'll add screen shots for next season because I am now in June 2012 and cannot go back to take screen shots, sorry if thats caused any doubts

On FM hold alt and press F9, they get saved in the Sports Interactive folder under screenshots. I like Arsenal stories, thats a cracking budget :)

Cheers, I didn't know whether to add a screenshot or not, I'll add screen shots for next season because I am now in June 2012 and cannot go back to take screen shots, sorry if thats caused any doubts

Oh i don't doubt you and i'm sure nobody does. It's just a nice feature to have in the layout. Some people mightn't agree, some people have different tastes in layouts.

I'll defo be adding some screenshots next year though, I'll have a screen shot of player of the month, and matches/best matches?