Harris' Unstoppable 4-2-2-2 Home & 4-1-1-3-1 Away tactics!! :)

The 1.4 tactic should work with patch 14.2.1 aswell because there was no match engine change, right?

The 1.4 tactic should work with patch 14.2.1 aswell because there was no match engine change, right?

Nope. there were changes from 14.1.4 to 14.2, but none for 14.2.1 or 14.2.2.

You might get lucky though. but yes from 14.1 there have been ME changes,

Uh i thought the 1.4 update is for 14.2.2 and between this and 14.2.1 there was no change. Are u sure this tactic is for patch 14.1.4? Because it was updated at 19 january.

wow. this tactic is simply...amazing.

Since implementing this tactic with my struggling Cardiff City team, I have had the following results;

Fulham (away) 1-0
Man Utd (home) 2-0
Liverpool (away) 4-1
Sunderland (home) 3-0
Crystal Palace (home) 5-1

I have a fairly decent squad.

GK: Marshall
RB: Theophile-Catherine
CB: Boyatta
CB: Caulker
LB: Taylor

DLP: Whittingham
BBM: Medel

IF: Abel Hernandez
AP: Knockeart (this guy is truly amazing).
RW: Pepe

ST: Cornelius.

Can't fault it at the moment. I have been using the latest 'standard direct' version on FMC!

Good to hear! Someone who is playing as someone who isn't supposed to be a title challenger!! :D 2-0 vs Utd, 4-1 vs Liverpool is all the convincing I need for this tactic! :)

i won the treble with this tactic using man utd. i signed verratti, mitrovic, jonathan silva from estudiantes and eder balanta(these last 2 guys have 5star potential). i set evra and vidic to train them. januzay is exceptional surprisingly after only 1 season. after van persie got injured, kagawa stepped up in his absence notching up 21 goals in all comps. carrick and fellaini were awesome...even tho i could have wished for better players. i played Barcelona in champions league semis. in the first leg at home, i used pretty much smaller players and lost 3-1 because i had an important game against arsenal which decided the title and my key players were not that fit. in the return leg, surprisingly, most of the barca players were injured so i changed my tactic to one i had created myself which i use whenever i "REALLY" need goals. i won the game 5-2, winning 6-5 on aggregate. i demolished chelsea in the final......sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Now my board gave me ?50m and i managed to buy fabregas and i'm retraining him as a dm (hope that works). the problem is i need a right winger who's better than valencia...please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope. there were changes from 14.1.4 to 14.2, but none for 14.2.1 or 14.2.2.

You might get lucky though. but yes from 14.1 there have been ME changes,

You guys are confusing yourselves. 1.4 is only the version number of the tactic. It has nothing to do with any version number of the patches.

v1.4 of this tactic (the latest) is compatiable with FM 14.2, 14.2.1 and 14.2.2.

Yes that?s exactly what I thought, I got confused a little. Thanks :)

I keep getting caught out with a long ball over the top. Im dominating with 20+ shots and end up losing 2-0 and so on with a simple ball over the top. Any suggestions?

This looks brilliant. Do you still use the shut up shop version? Or do you just switch to counter if your trying to hold onto a lead?

im doing really well with liverpool on this tactic, scoring goals now etc...the only thing im finding is my IF is not performing...do you think i should drop him back to the regular IF position?

im doing really well with liverpool on this tactic, scoring goals now etc...the only thing im finding is my IF is not performing...do you think i should drop him back to the regular IF position?
I've got a Liverpool save going aswell, and struggle to score and always seem to go a goal down, who are you playing as IF and AF?

where is the latest version of this tactic? is it the home tactic link?

The last tactic is top of opening post. It should be named, version 1.4 :)

It all depends who you are playing on the L IF. Perhaps try sturridge as R If, the coutinho lw? The switch cm's around too for thr balance

I found that the corner (attacking) tactic needs to be addressed. I had three goals over night where the opposition cleared and countered immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Harris4Ips on your v1.4 tactic..are the set-pieces set-up correctly? I have corners/free kicks set to mixed. Is that correct?

Great tactic!
trying it with my Wolves team in the 2024/25 season (best team in the world ATM).
Do you use any OI or team talks??

Yeah that is the only trouble aint it :(

I tend to take away all the HARD tackling in Opposition Instructions.
I only leave the hard tackling in for big games.

If im getting alot of cards, then straight away il withdraw those hard tackles from OI too

So you use OI's ?? How do you set them?

I found that the corner (attacking) tactic needs to be addressed. I had three goals over night where the opposition cleared and countered immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you are grtting countered too much. Maybe try setting one of the full backs to 'stay back' and leaving another 'stay back if needed'
im back to work this week so i cant try new things out as much as id like. If this helps let me know

@Harris4Ips on your v1.4 tactic..are the set-pieces set-up correctly? I have corners/free kicks set to mixed. Is that correct?

Yes thats right. The only reason i left as mixed was because when i was watching all my replays, i noticed i was scoring near post AND far post headers

So you use OI's ?? How do you set them?

Opposition Instructions i select the Assisstant to choose. But if im getting yellow cards early on in the game, i tend to quickly take off all the hard tackling in OI. Ive noticed the other team are left rattled and end up getting alot of yellows.

i was letting the AM choose my team talks but then i realised he would often 'i have nothing to say, just go out there and play' or something like that. Which, when youre winning would confuse players and drop morale slightly.

Before i game i often just say, do it for the fans, then passionately 'have faith' in all the players.

if im winning and playing well, calmly say 'well done , keep it up'

if im winning and not playing well, cautiously 'we're playing well but we could do alot better'

something like that haha i cant remember top of my head

if i win i alwYs calmly say well done. If a player scores over 9 for rating i single out after team talk and passionately say 'very well done'

this will keep morale high and build relationships with your players.

ive seen somebody mention about players getting 'over confident' but i havnt really seen this hAppen yet