How to score 30+ Goals a season from Set-Pieces

2+3+2+1+1+1=10
10+corner taker=11
11+keeper=12

How many players does your side have? :) (joke)

i just use who ever is the best corner taker. it doesnt make much difference tbh, as long as your near post man isnt taking it haha

Which one of your players takes the corner?

The problem is where its probably confusing people is if you take your Corner taker out then one of the positions will be empty. For instance:

My Left back takes all my corners:

Stay Back : 2 players
Lurk outside area : 3 players
Stand on far post: 2 player
Offer short option: 1 player
Attack near post : 1 player
Challenge Keeper : 1 player

Now my leftback corner taker must fill one of the above posistions. As you said make sure its not the person on the near post so do I then assign him to lurk outside area for instance? If I do this then there will only be 2 players lurking outside the area instead of 3 as one of them is taking the corner.

Also watching the matches, I always have one player to offer short option. The thoery is correctly to drag a defender out of posistion but in every match and all the corners ive taken, a defender has never been dragged out to mark the player offering the short option. Any insight please?

Anyone got some decent attacking free kick set ups? Don't think I scored all that many last season, probably scored more from direct free kicks!

Anyone got some decent attacking free kick set ups? Don't think I scored all that many last season, probably scored more from direct free kicks!

I've been leaving it on mixed and had a bit of luck

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

thanks so much for this, playing as man city, turned kompany into a goal scoring machine 8-|,
2012-13 11 g 2 a
2013-14 16g 3 a
2014-15 11g 4 a
2015-16 current season 8g in 9 prem games :O

Can you put a SS of Corner and throw? its more easy to understand what player we need for wich position

I assume that if the tactic you are using is a classic mode tactic, you can set more than one to lurk outside area and stand on far post? Couldnt see how to do it anyways.:)

thanks so much for this, playing as man city, turned kompany into a goal scoring machine 8-|,
2012-13 11 g 2 a
2013-14 16g 3 a
2014-15 11g 4 a
2015-16 current season 8g in 9 prem games :O

could you post a screen of your corner set-up?

Just realised you cant do this if your using a classic tactic

I cant get 3 players to lurk outside of area. I get the option to swap with the guy I have lurking and thats it.

screen

could you post a screen of your corner set-up?

this is only possible with new tactics creator not classic
u have to go to tactics>player>show instructions and change 2 players to lurk outside the area (ie outside of the wizard); wilshere and chamberlain take the corners so its only 2 outside of the area during a set piece (you can make it three by setting your striker as lurk but i feel you no longer score the scramble chaos goals) its also really important to have tall players at challenge keeper and stand on far post (ie rodwell and garmash)

View attachment 358736

Last edited:
I cant get 3 players to lurk outside of area. I get the option to swap with the guy I have lurking and thats it.

Just click on it anyway. It says it'll swap but it doesnt; both players are now set to lurk outside area.

View attachment 318361

this is what I like options in the French version of the game

can you tell me what corespond a "near post"

View attachment 318362

can you tell me what corespond a "Stand on far post","Lurk outside area","Stay Back","Offer short option","attack near post","Challenge keeper" ?

Okay, mon francais n'est pas parfait mais je peux essayer de vous aider.

Rester en arrière = stay back
Rester en arrière si nécessaire = stay back if necessary
Avancer = go forward
Attaquer au premier poteau = attack front post
Attaquer au deuxième poteau = attack far post
Jouer au premier poteau = near post flick-on
Se tenir au deuxième poteau = stand on far post
Fair jouer le ballon de loin = attack box from deep
Faire pression sur le gardien = mark keeper
Autour de la surface = lurk outside area
Proposer une option courte = offer short option

Donc il faut mettre 'Côté gauche' et 'droit' sur 'Premier poteau'

Et puis:

Rester en arrière - 2 joueurs
Autour de la surface - 3 joueurs
Se tenir au deuxième poteau - 2 joueurs
Proposer une option courte - 1 joueur
Attaquer au premier poteau - 1 joueur
Faire pression sur le gardien - 1 joueur

Mais comme quelqu'un a remarqué, c'est 10 joueurs donc à moins que le gardien ne prenne le corner, il faudra supprimer l'un des joueurs pour le prendre.

J'espère que ça ait du sens !