Javier Hernández signs new five-year contract

This post just made me look up the original thread, and oh my ******* god it is hilarious. It's here, and here are some quotes.

And my personal favourite:
who on earth is Hernandez?

He's hardly going to make Man U win the league next season

That one is class specially the bottom line LMAO

This post just made me look up the original thread, and oh my ******* god it is hilarious. It's here, and here are some quotes.

And my personal favourite:

Still I dont know how you missed out Jacko's posts :p

As a Chelsea fan I would like it if he moved on to Madrid, Barca etc ( Especially as he already has 3 goals in 5 appearances against us and will no doubt add to that tally.) but as a fan of the BPL I would like to see him stay in England for a very long time. Fantastic player who is just a joy to watch ( just not when he puts the ball past Cech ;) :p)

Last edited:
As a Chelsea fan I would like it if he moved on to Madrid, Barca etc ( Especially as he already has 3 goals in 5 appearances against us and will no doubt add to that tally.) but as a dan of the BPL I would like to see him stay in Ehland for a very long time. Fantastic player who is just a joy to watch ( just not when he puts the ball past Cech ;) :p)

Whats a "Dan" ? ;)

I still remember the thread on Base when his transfer was first announced. So many rival fans laughing at how United had signed this nobody guaranteed to be a Manucho or Dong Fangshao .. but he's blossomed into a simply wonderful footballer and is also rare in the fact that he plays with a smile on his face and doesn't complain. Simply cannot be hated .. only envied. He reminds me so much of OGS20 .. <3

Exactly. For every Dong, Manucho, Bebe, Tosic, Obertan, Bellion, Forlan, Fortune, Kleberson and Djemba-Djemba there's a Hernandez.. Right?

Edit: I'm adding to the list as I remember more :p

Last edited:
Exactly. For every Dong, Manucho, Bebe, Obertan, Forlan, Fortune, Kleberson and Djemba-Djemba there's a Hernandez.. Right?
And Vidic, Evra, Smalling, Great Dane, Solskjaer, Ronaldo.

And Vidic, Evra, Smalling, Great Dane, Solskjaer, Ronaldo.

Dude I'm doing post 2000.

Plus I'm listing players United 'found'. Evra and Smalling? No. I'll give you Ronaldo and Vidic though ;)

Plus I'm listing players United 'found'. Evra and Smalling? No. I'll give you Ronaldo and Vidic though ;)

Lol fair enough. personally it just shows that people should give players time before writing them off.

Lol fair enough. personally it just shows that people should give players time before writing them off.

Indeed. I kinda feel sorry for the players I listed. Any unknown player signed by United is immediately put in the spotlight as the next big thing, a ton of unnecessary pressure on somebody who's not used to it. Not surprised it rarely works out. But then again some of them were just genuinely ****.

Last edited:

Ronaldo and Vidic were highly rated before we signed them. Hardly finding a player.

TBF Fortune dont deserve to be on that list. He was decent enough player.

Ronaldo and Vidic were highly rated before we signed them. Hardly finding a player.

TBF Fortune dont deserve to be on that list. He was decent enough player.

Just trying to make Mike feel better, have a heart dude.

Fortune sucked.

Just trying to make Mike feel better, have a heart dude.

Fortune sucked.

Mike must be celebrating then ;)

No Fortune was decent back up, squad player capable of playing in multiple positions. Never in million years will I put him alongside Djemba Djemba, Kleberson.

I would rather wait on Bebe. I know one Besiktas fan who had nothing but praise after watching Bebe in preseason games. Sadly he got injured at wrong time. Curse of Besiktas #10.

You said that about Evra... oh wait, and Vidic... oh wait. Estatic to hear it, fantastic young player, really beyond my expectations on when he first joined

I said it about Vidic which may still happen, i never said it about Evra.

For what reasons? Did you see his agent telling Hernandez is not keen to leave rather than only God knows? He is here to stay. Just because we sold Ronaldo doesn't mean every player will end up there. Ronaldo was the only player we sold against our wish. Rest all had good reasons.

You selling Ronaldo to Madrid has nothing to do with it, i just think he reminds me of a player who would suit the Spanish League and with the pulling power of both Spanish clubs he would find it hard to say no.

I said it about Vidic which may still happen, i never said it about Evra.

You selling Ronaldo to Madrid has nothing to do with it, i just think he reminds me of a player who would suit the Spanish League and with the pulling power of both Spanish clubs he would find it hard to say no.

I'm sure that Valencia rejected Madrid move to join us. So not all the players will be dreaming of playing for the Spanish giants and more over Hernandez will never ever suit Barca's system and Madrid are loaded with strikers and quality attacking players.

Well you are forget about Vidic too. He has retired from National duty to prolong his career. He will be staying for many more years.

You said that about Evra... oh wait, and Vidic... oh wait. Estatic to hear it, fantastic young player, really beyond my expectations on when he first joined

I'm sure that Valencia rejected Madrid move to join us. So not all the players will be dreaming of playing for the Spanish giants and more over Hernandez will never ever suit Barca's system and Madrid are loaded with strikers and quality attacking players.

Well you are forget about Vidic too. He has retired from National duty to prolong his career. He will be staying for many more years.

Maybe so but i also predicted this about 2 years ago and anything can happen in football. Carvalho will retire in 1-2 years time so Madrid will be looking for a replacement then. I just personly see him playing for Madrid more than Barca really that is all.

Why Vidic. We are making sure Madrid gets a highly talented player so only we have signed Jones so that we can make him better player and sell him to Madrid.

Anyways in 2-3 years even if we sell Vidic I wouldn't be too worried if Smalling and Jones can become the players they are destined to.

Why Vidic. We are making sure Madrid gets a highly talented player so only we have signed Jones so that we can make him better player and sell him to Madrid.

Anyways in 2-3 years even if we sell Vidic I wouldn't be too worried if Smalling and Jones can become the players they are destined to.

I have no doubt that both Smalling and Jones will be Utd's back two in a year or twos time thats why i think Vidic will go to Madrid one day.

I have no doubt that both Smalling and Jones will be Utd's back two in a year or twos time thats why i think Vidic will go to Madrid one day.

With Jose getting sacked in a year or two I dont see Madrid making any smart moves like signing top class defenders. ;)

Anyways this is about Hernandez. He is getting 5 year deal, I'm confident that he wont be moving anywhere for obvious reasons.