Koflok, have you been using your striker as a poacher? Mine never seems to score, and the AMR and AML (and occasionally wingbacks) seem to score all the goals.

Koflok, have you been using your striker as a poacher? Mine never seems to score, and the AMR and AML (and occasionally wingbacks) seem to score all the goals.

It depends on players. Rooney is my striker and main scorer. I have RVP and AMR and Bale as AML and RVP does not score at all

@Koflok
I'm using your tactic old version with Barnet and the updated one in Newcastle - with great succes in both! Ben Arfa and Cisse is a killer couple in this one!! Altough i changed the amc back to playmaker because i really loved this in the first version - i've bought Isco, and he's really doing it well!

But i was wondering if you would tell some more about your Newcastle game - what i'm interested in is transfers and the players who hold your positions?

Hope you understand my bad english and thanks for the great tactic!

@ to some of them with bad results in v.1.3 - its a good idea to give your team 3-6 months to get used to the tactic - in both my games i been closed to sack'd i this period - but once you get morale back up and the team get used to the tactic (and new-transfered players) it really shows it skills. also i find bringing players that suite the tactic is helping!

In my current Newcastle save I bought Eboue to play at WBR and a youngster Ravel Morrison (good player but always injured) at AMC. Vuckic is doing good stuff on AMC position.

Isco should be perfect on AMC and he has a lot of potential especially if you play him as the playmaker

Yes poacher.

Did you use the v3? That version should give a lot of support to this striker which would allow him to score good number of goals.

Who is your striker btw? If he's not a good finisher with decent off the ball movement that can be a problem.
Another thing also is if he likes to drop deep. Because most of the goals is not from dribbling from deep but running-behind-the defender-type of goal

Hi Koflok

I have a few questions (I'm using version 3)

- When you're playing away or you're not the favorites of the game, you keep offensive mentality?
- Same question when you lead (1-0; 2-1) you change the offensive mentality?
- For individual instructions, you active individual marking when the opponent are strikers and wingers very fast (like Messi, Ronaldo, Ribery, Walcott)?

I'd probably other question, but it's all for the moment.

PS: sorry for my english is not my native language.

Koflok your tactic look very very interesting ! :) You discover something about shouts ? You must admit that your tactic is probably only to the strong team's. I try to play with this tactic in Mainz and i lost most of games.

Last edited:
Loving this patch really. Enjoying playing my Newcastle save so much.

Attacking is never been a problem with Cisse constantly banging hattricks every other games.
Moreover, I love how the goals are created from a very silk pass and move football.
Stuff like this are just a joy to watch.

I will even upload some videos which shows some of the common goals I have. Maybe it can help people to decide which kind of players works best on the positions.

In terms of defend, while it may not guarantee a constant clean sheet, but OI seems to be the way to go to patch up the defensive issues.

So yeah...

Your tactic was almost perfect for me prior to the patch, after the patch and my defense is definately more stable and concede less, I am currently on a 12 game clean sheet run. As well as that, Ademilson and Fierro are scoring for fun but then again Wellington Nem can't stop assisting for them. Hats off to you again Kof. :)

Awesome tactic, new to FM so don't really understand the tactics side much, i seem to conceed alot of goals by the defence not tackling just letting the opposing striker through, not sure if it's something i've done or what D: I play with Arsenal btw.

Update about shouts and OI and general training on this tactic.

Using it away against equal sides or against aggressive midfielders and having always the same problem: transition very slow, bad deliveries in crucial areas, AMC with no ball.

Testing several things, like pressing and close marking (OI) and keep the ball (shout). The idea was to keep the ball running and don't let the opponents get it. The result? more of the same!

Then i thought:

OI:

FBs, WBs, MR/L, AMR/L with hard tackle.
DMC, MCs and AMCs with pressing
All team showing worst foot.

Shouts
Playing from defense
Get ball forward
Work ball into box
Run at defense
Hassle opponents

it seems that the only thing that i want is to get the ball in the other area, fast and furious, right?

Wrong!

The team is very quick passing the ball from the defense, using triangulations that are very effective. The WBs and the AMR/L run form deep, destroying the positioning of the defenders, providing more triangulations, and so on until they get the ball into the box. Despite all, sometimes you will loose it and then the hassle opponents comes in hand, as your team will run like crazy guys to get the ball back.

Now the training:

This works if you train it! I have changed the training from attacking to ball control.

I strongly believe that with this tactic, this OI, shouts and training you can play Barca style.

Tested with Man Utd against Chelsea, Lille and Villa. results 2-2, 1-4 and 5-0, but the football played is magnificent

My team: Gea, Jones, Vidic, Walker, Evra, Carrick, Cleverly, kagawa, RVP, Bale, rooney (top scorer of the league)

Hope it will help

Cheers

what kind of general training and match prep I should use?

what kind of general training and match prep I should use?

After tactic is gelled or before?

If before, use tactics

After, use ball control for general and defensive positioning on match prep

just started a new game with chelsea my only transfer is falcao but strugling on pre season will post more after a couple of months later after the season starts.

just started a new game with chelsea my only transfer is falcao but strugling on pre season will post more after a couple of months later after the season starts.

You need to have in consideration that:

He is in a new country
New language
New team
New Tactic

I have bought Wilshere for Man Utd and in December he finally got the 1st team

almost half of the season but my results are like this any idea why this much draw ?View attachment 287892

Yes, that also happened to me a lot.

The other team see themselves losing and go for a more attacking mentality and, let me guess, they score the goals on the last 20 mins?

I've tried to change mentality, didn't work, so i guess is the OI. I'm still struggling with the best OI to stop the AMC/R/Ls and the striker.

I'm going to try moving the AMC to MC and support role to get more people in the mid. i will post my(in)success

yes almost last 20 30 minutes we concede goals.

In 13, the other team reacts much better than in 12, you just have to figure a way to stop it. Or you attack more and score more or you defend and w8 for the end of the game.

In my own experience, none seem to work... :(

latest patch almost unplayable when the game first released ıt s pretty much enjoying but the latest patch kills all the joy .

It seems like 90% of the goals I concede are from breakaways down the wing and a cross behind my defenders to a wide open man. Clearly this is a result of being pushed pretty high up (plus having slow defenders), but if I drop deeper I don't get the same pressure and possession. Any suggestions?