Kuwaitis seal takeover of Nottingham Forest

CJACKO11

Reaction score
Kuwaiti businessman Fawaz Al-Hasawi has announced his family's takeover of Nottingham Forest is complete.
The Al-Hasawis, one of Kuwait's richest families, had been negotiating the takeover for several weeks with the estate of the late owner Nigel Doughty.
Fawaz Al-Hasawi confirmed the deal had been done via his Twitteraccount on Tuesday.
He said: "I can officially announce that the acquisition of nottingham forest
spacer.gif
is complete.

"We have become the official owners. I thank my brothers Abdulaziz and Omar for their efforts."

Plans

Al-Hasawi, who resigned as president of Kuwaiti club Qadsia earlier this year, did not provide any financial details on the value of the deal.
In statement released on June 29th, the Hassawis had said the "future on-field and off-field success of Notingham Forest is at the heart of our plans."
News of the deal was greeted with delight by the playing staff.
Forest striker Dexter Blackstock tweeted: "Great news."

Also been announced that with Diego Maradona leaving Al-Wasl that he is now the favourite to get the managers job at Forest!!! Mental stuff.

Let me get this right. Our club can't get anyone one to buy us for love or money (with the board being partially responsible)...yet Notts Forest get bought out....what the holy ****?! :mad:

Let me get this right. Our club can't get anyone one to buy us for love or money (with the board being partially responsible)...yet Notts Forest get bought out....what the holy ****?! :mad:

I find that really weird. As investment Everton would be great considering quality of players already in and the manager.

Maybe they'll actually have some fans now.
g.gif

This sort of take over does always leave me with scepticism, firsthand experience and all.

Forest been taken over, hopefully the Leeds takeover will be sorted too

very pleased for nottingham forest its a great club with great history and deserve this sort of Finances backing to bring them back to the glory days

The East Midlands clubs seem to be rich- at least Forest and Leicester anyway. If signings are mde by Forest I can see both clubs getting to the PL.

Not sure whether this change in ownership will change Forest's fortunes, Brian Clough was Forest and the main reason for their success. Not naturally a succesful or big club.

Not sure whether this change in ownership will change Forest's fortunes, Brian Clough was Forest and the main reason for their success. Not naturally a succesful or big club.

Neither were Chelsea really...

And Forest are a very well supported club actually, to those of you that claim otherwise. There are a number of Forest fans among us on this site, a few at my work and in my family too - and I live over an hour away from Nottingham. It's a tremendous club with a great history, that went through a lot of turmoil last season following the ridiculous sacking of Billy Davies and the laughable hiring of Steve MaClaren. Attendances dropped last season as a result but it's a very popular club in this area - probably due to previous successes (much like Liverpool, Leeds, Ipswich etc)

Neither were Chelsea really...

And Forest are a very well supported club actually, to those of you that claim otherwise. There are a number of Forest fans among us on this site, a few at my work and in my family too - and I live over an hour away from Nottingham. It's a tremendous club with a great history, that went through a lot of turmoil last season following the ridiculous sacking of Billy Davies and the laughable hiring of Steve MaClaren. Attendances dropped last season as a result but it's a very popular club in this area - probably due to previous successes (much like Liverpool, Leeds, Ipswich etc)

Bang on. Got a soft spot for them, and some of the recent antics such as the Davies sacking were borderline ridiculous. Definately up there with Norwich for example as an example of a proper family club with a history to be proud of

So, will Forest be in the same line as Chelsea and City? ;)

I'm a Derby fan and ST holder and I have to say that I am sick with jealousy, provided that the new owners are in it for the right reasons, which I am sceptical of as, even without bias, I do wonder what would draw a Kuwaiti in, because it definitely isn't the £75m debt, the losses of £1m a month or the council owned stadium.

I hope Forest do have success though, as, in my opinion, both them and Derby are clubs with great history that should be in the Premiership, and seeing you lot do well may provoke our stingy, asset stripping board to put hands in pockets and get us where we belong, in my opinion.

good for you, not many of you, attendences were awful last year, When you played Leicester, it was kind of embarrassing for a local derby

haha unfortunately i had the misfortune of watching those dreadful displays in the fa cup when we drew 0-0 then got battered 4-0