Liverpool fans stabbed ahead of game

Among the weapons seized were a baseball bat, several five-foot long aluminium bars with numerous strategically-placed screws protruding and a six-foot wooden plank.

What the ****?! These guys are messed up.

That said, the thought of a five foot four pudgy Napoli fan using a six foot plank as a weapon made me grin a bit.

Just to get this straight ULTRAS are not Hooligans !!
Italian clubs hate Liverpool due to what happened in the Heysel disaster.
All the best to the Liverpool fans and I hope UEFA can sort out this problem.

Just to get this straight ULTRAS are not Hooligans !!
Italian clubs hate Liverpool due to what happened in the Heysel disaster.
All the best to the Liverpool fans and I hope UEFA can sort out this problem.

meh, i'm not sure if that's true,
we played Juventus a couple of years back (the other team involved in Heysel) and i don't remember any of this trouble...

Either way, why can't they just get over it? Heysel was, what, 25 years ago now? We've moved on from our times of rampant hooliganism.

meh, i'm not sure if that's true,
we played Juventus a couple of years back (the other team involved in Heysel) and i don't remember any of this trouble...
They said it on Danny Dyer's Football Factories with a bunch of Juve fans.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Either way, why can't they just get over it? Heysel was, what, 25 years ago now? We've moved on from our times of rampant hooliganism.
I guess the Italian culture is different?

They said it on Danny Dyer's Football Factories with a bunch of Juve fans.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

I guess the Italian culture is different?
yes he was talking to thugs, the vast majority are well past that.

Violence has become a serious problem in italian football.

Shame on those stupid ultras.

Violence has become a serious problem in italian football.

Shame on those stupid ultras.
It always has been ...

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

ultras dont equal your everyday fan do they?
No but most ultras are there to show support for their team through colourful banners and chanting where as hooligans go out looking for fights.

Although ultra groups can become violent, the vast majority of matches go ahead with no violent incidents. Unlike hooligan firms, whose main aim is to fight fans of other clubs, the main focus of ultras is to support their own team. Hooligans usually try to be inconspicuous when they travel; usually not wearing team colours, in order to avoid detection by the police. Ultras tend to be more conspicuous when they travel and like to arrive en masse, which allows the police to keep a close eye on their movements. When trouble involving ultras does break out, it usually takes the form of a political riot similar to the ones in Italy in the 1970s when the Carabinieri used the same tactics with the ultras as they did with the political activists.
However, there does appear to be a crossover in some countries between ultras and hooligans. In Italy, when English club Middlesbrough F.C. played a match against AS Roma in March 2006, three Middlesbrough fans were stabbed in an attack that was blamed on Roma-supporting ultras.[3] Roma-supporting ultras were also blamed for an incident related to the club's match against English club Manchester United in Rome in April 2007, which resulted in 11 Manchester fans and two Italian fans being taken to hospital.[4] These specific incidents may be attributed to an anti-English mindset amongst some Roma fans that dates back to the 1984 European Cup final. Spanish authorities have been concerned about ultra-related violence against supporters of other clubs, such as the murder of a Real Sociedad fan.

It always has been ...

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

No but most ultras are there to show support for their team through colourful banners and chanting where as hooligans go out looking for fights.
the minute you go from supporting to attacking fans you become a thug. there is no justification for it

Hate italian fans there mental espaccially from napoli its mafia town, it just sick

Those Liverpool supporters... always looking for trouble. *Shakes head*

Should give them proper punishment and deduct them points or something.

Should give them proper punishment and deduct them points or something.

If I went to the area around WHL and stabbed a traveling supporter, would it be fair to deduct points from Tottenham Hotspur?

THis stuff shouldnt be in football, shame it is though. Hope they have a speedy recovery.

The reports saying that a family of four were attacked are also pretty disturbing.