October 2016/2017

View attachment 193055
Had to go through October with a horrible injury list

Got rid of Wassmer on loan

View attachment 193054

And got a replacement in in the shape of Nigerian Ismail Yakubu​

View attachment 193053

The injuries really took their toll and we had a bad month finishing up in 8th position. Were unlucky to draw a few games, especially the Forest Green match.

View attachment 193052

View attachment 193050

Romain and Calcutt are still scoring for fun but we end the month in 8th place

PLAYER OF THE MONTHView attachment 193048

My player of the month is Kaine Felix (who i have been calling Felix Kaine for some reason!)
And he wasn't just Margates best player, but the best young player in the league, despite our poor form

View attachment 193049

Last edited:
View attachment 193015
Good month, but the loss to Eastleigh is a bit of a worry as i have them next game. Still just about in the play-off place but some way off the top four and expecting to fall away a bit. Looking seriously into signing a new left winger

View attachment 193014

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
View attachment 193008
My choice for player off the month is Connor Calcutt. He has been absolutely immense, looking very dangerous in the poacher position. He and Romain are linking up brilliantly and have fired us into 5th with the help of Taiwo and Felix.
Unlucky not to win the big award

View attachment 193012

Last edited:
View attachment 193009

3rd Round Fa cup draw ..............................................................................................................................................................well that is disappointing

Last edited:
View attachment 193003

Absolutely mad game, had to share it. Down to ten men very early on after going 2 nil down but could of and should of won the game. Sub Lapado skied an easy chance at the death

The horrible challenge from Taiwo was enough to send Hanks off on a stretcher

Update Mid December 2016

Just a quick update on how the team are doing

View attachment 192991

Finances have leveled out but had another cash injection not long ago

View attachment 192716

The Eastleigh win i have covered, but so disappointing to end up with Swindon away.
We played well in the Halifax game with Romain, Calcutt, Ladapo and Bonner getting the goals. Looked shaky a couple of times.
Some games we miss so many chances, and the FA Trophy game was one of them, Ladapo scored a penalty.
As i said before, Cheltenham game was crazy, with Kissock getting both our goals.
Our defence was awful in the Macclesfield game with Bonner and Richens getting 5.9 ratings, Calcutt scored our only goal. Cant win them all though.

The Welling game was one of our best in a while,

View attachment 192714

And Romains 2 goals takes him top of the scorers. Our players stats are among some of the best in the league, and im glad Taiwo looks like he is signing a new contract

View attachment 192713

We started badly in the Braintree game, conceding, but we ran the game from that moment onwards. Kammy scored for us and got an 8,3 rating on the left wing. Ive decided to offer him a contract as his potential is league 2. He does annoy me though

We finish December 6th

View attachment 192711

As we move into January i decide to change the season expectations. Not for the extra money, just hoping Brad Goodman will realise i'm an ambitious manager and i want him along for the ride

View attachment 192391

New left back

View attachment 192384

Ive decided to sign a left back from bitter rivals Dover. He has the attributes I'm looking for a pipped the other left back i wanted to sign (also from Dover) because he was 3 years younger. I feel i can make a real push for the play-offs now and even if not i will need him next season. He is a stalwart of the Vanarama Conference and i feel he can do a big job.
Still debating whether a left winger is wise or to keep faith in Kammy, who is hit and miss but has great potential

View attachment 192390

View attachment 192382

Aswad Thomas troublemaker in real life while at Grimsby, hope he does well for you.

Just realised I not been able to do next update yet. You will see why

View attachment 191795

Great start to the month, and Aswad was instrumental in the the 4-0 win over Stockport. Romain got a couple more goals, along with Randall and Felix. And we absolutely smashed Eastleigh.
Then it all went to pot. We lost 2-0 to Swindon which is fine but after that Thomas has had 3 mares, Calcutt is having a holocaust at the moment and both centre backs are being found lacking. For the first time I feel we are playing how people expected us to, being newly promoted. In fairness, we were unlucky in the Bristol Rovers game but we were soundly beaten in the last 2
We are now outside the top 5 (not that i think we have any chance of winning the play-offs) and we have Morecambe away next which could see us drift further away

View attachment 191794

View attachment 191659

Only 3 games this month but we got the important win against Morecambe, with Kammy getting the winner.

View attachment 191658

Disappointing to lose in the FA Trophy as would of been a nice competition to progress in and even more disappointing to only get a draw against Aldershot. They are 21st in the league and I am really confused about what tactics to play. I changed them for Morecambe and although they had lots more shots than we did, I didn't feel as if they had many big chances. Considering a 4-5-1 but its such a risk as I'm currently in the play-off place with only 10 games to go. Feel I might as well because we wont win a play-off unless we find some form.
Very precarious but I cant keep dismissing the fact that we have a chance to get into the football league

View attachment 191656