View attachment 191420

Only 3 games again and after the Nuneaten game Calcutt and Romain put us 2 up, only for Dean Rance to get sent off in the first half. We concede 2 goals in the last 4 minutes and then another drab draw against Barrow. We have no chance and end the month 6 points off with only 7 games to go. We do have a game in hand but we arent turning this around and could finish bottom half

View attachment 191419

View attachment 191389

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We've won 3 games on the bounce. I've changed Taiwo to a centre mid and he hasn't had a card in all 3 games. Calcutt, Kaine and Ladapo score against Boreham Wood after I demand a win, they peg back but we get another toward the end. Then the same against Woking. This time Calcutt, Kammy and Kaine score. Calcutt gets the only goal of the game in a nerve shredding game against Kidderminster also.

WE ARE FOURTH!!!!

View attachment 191378

Fantastic game against our fierce rivals. Only 90 Dover fans made the huge 35 mile round trip. We are 3rd and 3 points clear of 6th with 3 games to go

View attachment 191373

Calcutt scores another winner. We have last place Gosport away next and only really need to win 1 game and make sure we rent spanked if we do lose. Lets hope he keeps this form if we get to the play offs. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

View attachment 191372

A scrappy goal from the sub Ladapo is enough to take us into the play-offs. A win would be nice in the last game but then again, if its Wrexham, then we haven't done well against them this season. I ****** hope Goodman stay whatever the outcome but im not holding out much hope. This is amazing no matter what

View attachment 191365

A win against Lincoln including a lovely team goal finished by Ladapo. An amazing run in the last 7 games and its us against Macclesfield in the play-offs. Maybe i was too hard on us before. I gave up hope because we went unbeaten for a month. If only we had won 1 or 2 of March games we would of finished automatically in the end and won the league

View attachment 191364View attachment 191363

So here are the facts. Tough 2 games ahead

View attachment 191362

View attachment 191350

We did enough in the end but things got hairy, they hit the bar right near the end. Captain Tom Bonner scored what proved to be the winner. We now have Boreham Wood and I've got to fancy us in our form. We have fully deserved to go up this season and i just hope we can beat this final hurdle.

View attachment 191347
P.S Apologies for whole picture in last post. I'm pretty tired and trying to get to end of the season and was saving time. If I lose the final ill probably just post the result in the same way. May just do that whatever way it goes but ill do a proper write up tomorrow at the latest

Okay, so here it is.

Wee start strongly and Taiwo takes a lovely freekick and its picked up by Ladapo who smashes the upright. Boreham Wood come back at us and have a good chance of their own, poking narrowly wide.
Club captain Bonner sends the fans into dreamland with a strike from just inside the area after the ball falls to him from a corner.

Half time comes and i tell the boys how happy i am with them

We concede in the 2nd half and i make the decision to take Richens and Kammy off, in hindsight i should of definitely subbed Aswad Thomas because we collapsed, conceding 2 soft goals

So heartbreaking. I will write up the season tomorrow

View attachment 191339

:'(

On the plus side, i did get 115k for finishing 2nd but Jake Goodman is on his way and will be missed. I'll hopefully do some great recruitment but I've got to get rid of a few players. Romain isn't up to it according to the scouts but I'm going to offer him an extension.

Im off to bed with a heavy heavy heart. Goodnight all

"Its not just where you are going, its where you are at, and we are in a very good place" Kane Weller 2017

Finishing 2nd is not the end of the world at all. Yes, we've missed out on promotion but I know where we need to strengthen and am going to set about doing what we need to do right away. Our bank balance is only slightly minus, and we are in a great place to push on and get promoted this season.

View attachment 191260 View attachment 191256

Taiwo was the fans favourite by a long way but for me it has to be Kaine Felix who gets my player of the season award. Taiwo had such a bad disciplinary record and it has taken me 2 seasons to realise that he should not be a ball winning midfielder because he is an absolute animal

View attachment 191259

View attachment 191258

I at least hold a record now. Highest ever league position. Take that Chris Kinnear!

Pre season signings

View attachment 190516

Harry Girling wouldn't come back so Jack Bonham has been brought in for a sizeable 24k. Lots of faith in this kid though

View attachment 190515

Ended up scouting St Neots at one point, cant remember why, and this guy tickled the scouts fancy so I've brought him in for 3k. One for the future

View attachment 190514

Mcinerney has signed for a free. Hoping for another guy ive got my eye on but JAKE GOODMAN has left now and we need cover

View attachment 190513

Much needed left winger brought in for free from Cambridge. Kammy not there yet and Dunk will probably start

View attachment 190512

This is the man i really wanted. Looks like a solid centre back and should replace Goodman playing alongside Bonner

View attachment 190508

This is disgusting and i am fuming. We needed this guy for the future and the Chairman has swooped in and taken a measly 30k

View attachment 190507

Ive signed Harding because he had a good season last year although he went down and we needed back up. Bit older than usual signings as well injecting some much needed experience

View attachment 190505

Woking - They score the opener on the stroke of half time but a debut goal from Issa and and own goal seal the win
Kidderminster - Issa scores for the second game in succession to give us 2 wins in 2 games
Macclesfield - Issa gets another 2 to make it 4 in 3 games. Brilliant stuff. He scored the opener early on, Bonner then scored an own goal and Issa got the winner on 87 minutes
Wrexham - Connor Calcutt scores in the first half and then we collapse second half. Cant find a good left back anywhere and Aswad Thomas has a shocker as usual. Richens and Kaine Felix are also injured in the game
Braintree - They score an absolute stunner in the first half and we cant peg them back. Noone plays well and been a worrying 2 games
Bromley - Calcutt and Dunk score either side of halftime before they peg us back one. Issa then scores another to take his tally to 5 and we get the win. Even game despite the scoreline
Salford - They score an own goal in the 8th minute and we go 1 up. Bonner and Muleba (another player signed when Musonda was sold under my nose but accidentally left him out the update) both score own goals and we are 2-1 down. Issa scores ANOTHER in the 85th minute to draw us level. Poor game against the newly promoted side

View attachment 190504

Things are very tight at the top and our mixed results don't seem bad at all. If this was the premiership then i'd already be slightly concerned but i have to put it into perspective. I only finished 2 points off top last season and i seemed to only be hovering around the last playoff place for most of the season