Match Thread: Newcastle v Sunderland (12:00 04/03/2012, St James' Park)

come on Ba/R.Taylor/Sessengeon!

Fully deserved red. What the **** was he thinking?! Absolutely ridiculous.

You jinxed it. Now Sessegnon will have negative points in FT :(
tumblr_lnvvueuSsj1qcj56b.png

After the 1st half a sending off was inevitable-just the question of who it would be lol

I was expecting it would be Cattermole after getting yellow so early. Stupid from Sess really.

I was expecting it would be Cattermole after getting yellow so early. Stupid from Sess really.

Yeah thought it would Cattermole too after the 50 second yellow. Good for us though as he won't be available for the match against us.

If his sending off results in a loss he'll be deeply unpopular. They were doing well with him in the counter attacks. They have O'Shea to thank for keeping things in check-he's been great today keeping the defence solid

Yeah thought it would Cattermole too after the 50 second yellow. Good for us though as he won't be available for the match against us.

If his sending off results in a loss he'll be deeply unpopular. They were doing well with him in the counter attacks. They have O'Shea to thank for keeping things in check-he's been great today keeping the defence solid

Looks like Newcastle will score at least one with the way they are playing.

btw, Sunderland back line is full of ManUtd players except Turner lol.

O'Shea, Richardson, Bardsley, Campbell, Simpson are the United academy graduates playing in this game.

Looks like Newcastle will score at least one with the way they are playing.

btw, Sunderland back line is full of ManUtd players except Turner lol.

O'Shea, Richardson, Bardsley, Campbell, Simpson are the United academy graduates playing in this game.

Agree. It's just wave after wave after wave of Newcastle attacks

Fully deserved goal for Newcastle. Should be at least 3-1 up though tbh

Cattermole was sent off-said something to the ref and got a second yellow lol

How didn't we win that. If the ref was able to give the ref to Sunderland, then why didn't we get the Turner push on Ba at the end of the first half, a blatant push, or the handball where he stuck his hand infront of Ba's forehead so he couldn't actually head the ball. The only reason he gave us a penno is because it was the clearest penalty ever, and he literally would have been sacked had he not given it. Ameobi should have taken the penno, first of penalty taking is probably the best part of his game, and secondly he always scores in the derbys. Poor penalty by Ba, but a decent save, although if we are following all the rules, which we should be by the look of the first half penalty, then it should be retaken considering the keeper was about 2 yards off his line before the shot was taken. Good finish by Ameobi to get the goal at the end, the least we deserved.

And on another note, ESPN need to sort their ******* commentators out. They are ridiculous. I mean, the guy couldn't even see Tiotes jaw move when he got knocked in the face, and then said 'It's taking him 5 seconds to go down', the reason that is mate, is because you're watching a SLOW MOTION REPLAY... ******* idiot. Granted Tiote made the most of it, but the same can be said in the first half about Bardsley getting Cabaye a yellow card, swings and roundabouts, you can't go swinging your arms around at players faces.

Which is ******* annoying, also, because I have Sessengnon (sp) in my FF team lol.

How didn't we win that. If the ref was able to give the ref to Sunderland, then why didn't we get the Turner push on Ba at the end of the first half, a blatant push, or the handball where he stuck his hand infront of Ba's forehead so he couldn't actually head the ball. The only reason he gave us a penno is because it was the clearest penalty ever, and he literally would have been sacked had he not given it. Ameobi should have taken the penno, first of penalty taking is probably the best part of his game, and secondly he always scores in the derbys. Poor penalty by Ba, but a decent save, although if we are following all the rules, which we should be by the look of the first half penalty, then it should be retaken considering the keeper was about 2 yards off his line before the shot was taken. Good finish by Ameobi to get the goal at the end, the least we deserved.

And on another note, ESPN need to sort their ******* commentators out. They are ridiculous. I mean, the guy couldn't even see Tiotes jaw move when he got knocked in the face, and then said 'It's taking him 5 seconds to go down', the reason that is mate, is because you're watching a SLOW MOTION REPLAY... ******* idiot. Granted Tiote made the most of it, but the same can be said in the first half about Bardsley getting Cabaye a yellow card, swings and roundabouts, you can't go swinging your arms around at players faces.

Which is ******* annoying, also, because I have Sessengnon (sp) in my FF team lol.

Not happy then? lol. Just couldn't believe how much possession Newcastle had, how many shots on goal they had......and only got one goal. I'm just incredulous that Tiote got smacked right in front of the ref. Absolutely stupid beyond belief. When that pen got saved had a feeling wasn't to be Newcastles day. But normally it's harder to beat a team of 10 men at times than 11. And what a mug Cattermole is to get the second yellow. Why can't he just keep his head and keep his gob shut. Absolute idiot.

Personally I think after that second half, Pardew will see it as 2 points dropped. Mental end to the game

And on another note, ESPN need to sort their ******* commentators out. They are ridiculous. I mean, the guy couldn't even see Tiotes jaw move when he got knocked in the face, and then said 'It's taking him 5 seconds to go down', the reason that is mate, is because you're watching a SLOW MOTION REPLAY... ******* idiot. Granted Tiote made the most of it, but the same can be said in the first half about Bardsley getting Cabaye a yellow card, swings and roundabouts, you can't go swinging your arms around at players faces.l.

Wasn't it Ray Wilkins? Whoever was the co commentator, he was awful.

Not happy then? lol. Just couldn't believe how much possession Newcastle had, how many shots on goal they had......and only got one goal. I'm just incredulous that Tiote got smacked right in front of the ref. Absolutely stupid beyond belief. When that pen got saved had a feeling wasn't to be Newcastles day. But normally it's harder to beat a team of 10 men at times than 11. And what a mug Cattermole is to get the second yellow. Why can't he just keep his head and keep his gob shut. Absolute idiot.

Personally I think after that second half, Pardew will see it as 2 points dropped. Mental end to the game

Yeah I would agree, we should have finished it off. Cisse looked lost all game, and I think we could have brought Ameobi on a bit earlier. I suppose with a last gasp goal, you can't really complain with a point, it was a rather infuriating game though. Glad we got that last goal, and was happy to see Pardew show some passion when we got the pen, I hate O'Neil and most of the Sunderland players.

Not surprised about Cattermole, the guy is a complete ***, I mean, you get players that are nobs, but you can see why their own fans like the player. De Jong and Barton for example, but Cattermole is just a thug, plain and simple, every game he looks like he should be sent off, and I don't think any manager in the world would be able to change his ways. I personally would hate to have him at Newcastle, I just can't see how he offers anything as a player, other than getting cards.

Wasn't it Ray Wilkins? Whoever was the co commentator, he was awful.

Nah it was some dribble. Completely ritardo.

Just glad Cattermole won't be available against us. We've had enough injuries and don't want another one