Match Thread: Newcastle v Sunderland (12:00 04/03/2012, St James' Park)

Just glad Cattermole won't be available against us. We've had enough injuries and don't want another one

I would be happier with the fact that Sessegnon won't be playing against you. He has been their best player by far all season.

I would be happier with the fact that Sessegnon won't be playing against you. He has been their best player by far all season.

That's a good point actually-forgot about that. He has indeed been excellent. Though judging by his behaviour today he probably wouldn't have lasted the first half. Poor temparment by him.

That's a good point actually-forgot about that. He has indeed been excellent. Though judging by his behaviour today he probably wouldn't have lasted the first half. Poor temparment by him.

He does seem easily wound up, but he hasn't done anything like that all season, so it was quite a surprise to see him do something like that. Heat of the derby I suppose.

He does seem easily wound up, but he hasn't done anything like that all season, so it was quite a surprise to see him do something like that. Heat of the derby I suppose.

More than likely yeah. Saying that, we play a get in your face type of game, and I think that would probably have the same effect. We tend to get in players faces a lot and harrass them and it frustrates them. Like you said though, it was a Derby and was probably feeling the pressure more than usual.

How didn't we win that. If the ref was able to give the ref to Sunderland, then why didn't we get the Turner push on Ba at the end of the first half, a blatant push, or the handball where he stuck his hand infront of Ba's forehead so he couldn't actually head the ball. The only reason he gave us a penno is because it was the clearest penalty ever, and he literally would have been sacked had he not given it. Ameobi should have taken the penno, first of penalty taking is probably the best part of his game, and secondly he always scores in the derbys. Poor penalty by Ba, but a decent save, although if we are following all the rules, which we should be by the look of the first half penalty, then it should be retaken considering the keeper was about 2 yards off his line before the shot was taken. Good finish by Ameobi to get the goal at the end, the least we deserved.

And on another note, ESPN need to sort their ******* commentators out. They are ridiculous. I mean, the guy couldn't even see Tiotes jaw move when he got knocked in the face, and then said 'It's taking him 5 seconds to go down', the reason that is mate, is because you're watching a SLOW MOTION REPLAY... ******* idiot. Granted Tiote made the most of it, but the same can be said in the first half about Bardsley getting Cabaye a yellow card, swings and roundabouts, you can't go swinging your arms around at players faces.

Which is ******* annoying, also, because I have Sessengnon (sp) in my FF team lol.

You can't seriously be saying that Tiote didn't dive? Sessegnon hit him in the chest, with no power whatsoever. It was a red card, yes, but you have to be soft as ***** to collapse to the ground after that. You call Cattermole a thug for giving away fouls, when you have poofs like Tiote in your team who goes off crying when someone pushes him.

Also, it was a fairly blatant penalty, Williamson was virtually undressing him for gods sake.

Nah it was some dribble. Completely ritardo.

It was Chris Waddle. Understandable that you didn't know though, it's not like he's a Newcastle legend or anything ;)

You can't seriously be saying that Tiote didn't dive? Sessegnon hit him in the chest, with no power whatsoever. It was a red card, yes, but you have to be soft as ***** to collapse to the ground after that. You call Cattermole a thug for giving away fouls, when you have poofs like Tiote in your team who goes off crying when someone pushes him.

A dive implies there is no contact. There clearly was, thus it wasn't dive. You can debate all day about whether he went down easily, but it wasn't a dive.

Also, how the **** does a thug = going off crying? Dunc does indeed call Cattermole a thug, I don't see how you calling Tiote a thug for getting hit works.

It was Chris Waddle. Understandable that you didn't know though, it's not like he's a Newcastle legend or anything ;)

Sigh, my dad said it was Waddle, but I was sure it couldn't be, considering it was someone so anti-Newcastle. He was ******* awful.

Also, how the **** does a thug = going off crying? Dunc does indeed call Cattermole a thug, I don't see how you calling Tiote a thug for getting hit works.

He didn't call Tiote a thug, he called him a poof. :p

Also, it was a fairly blatant penalty, Williamson was virtually undressing him for gods sake.

Everything looks less painful in slow motion, if you got hit in the face with the power that Tiote got hit, you wouldn't go down, and neither would I, but any footballer would, literally everyone of them. If the same thing happened to any of your players, they would have done exactly the same thing Tiote did, much like Bardsley did in the first half, and it is apparent throughout the whole of the premier league, look at Suarez v Arsenal for example, minimal contact yet went down like he had contracted canceraids. Now, if you watch the replay, he does actually get hit in the face, you can see his jaw move, now, the wind probably can't move and distort someones face in such a way, but obviously it wasn't Sessengnon (sp? cba to look it up) throwing his arm upwards and backwards, where he knew Tiote was standing. Had Tiote stayed on his feet, he would have still been sent off. Had he fractured his skull, he would still have been sent off. You can't defend the guy for what he did, if any of the Newcastle players did it, you would be saying the exact same thing. Also, I am unsure why calling Cattermole a thug even slightly correlates to Tiote being a 'poof'... I mean.. really? A 'poof'? Are you six years old? Mentaly retardo? ¿Es retardado usted?

To be fair, it is a penalty, but that kind of stuff happens all the time in the area, like literally every free kick and corner. If you are going to give it once in a game, you have to give it the rest of the time. In fact, when someone comes and superman punches the ball off your ******* forehead, I think that is probably perceived are a penalty. If he is playing the game 'By the book', why was the push by Turner on Ba in the area in the first half, where he was no where near winning the ball and attempted to go through the back of the player, not punished with a penalty, in fact, it only took Campbell trying to physically stick his **** inside Ameobi (not sure why you lot want to be inside our players.. creepy) for him to even think about giving us a penalty. Although, obviously, our penalty was *****, and your keeper made a good save.

Either way, we aren't going to have a good conversation here. I hate you, you hate me, we won't agree on anything, You think Tiote is a.. 'poof', while I think Cattermole is a 'Thug'.. WAIT! Talking about 'poofs', you have ******* Bendtner on your team wearing a ******* protective mask? Pfft, what a 'poof' for protecting himself. What about Bardsley rolling around the floor 'LIAK A PEWF!' in the first half when Cabaye lightly tapped him on the toe. What a 'poof'.

You should have brought on Wes Brown, if he were a 'Poof', I know what kind he would be:

south-park-cheesy-poofs.jpg

So basically, to summarise my amazingly... poorly crafted post:

Your captain is a thug.
Your striker is a 'poof'.
Your right back is a 'poof'.
Your attacking midfielder has the composure of a banana stuffed up a gorillas nostril.
and finally...

Your manager, is a curly haired ****.

Newcastle got lucky! We'll always be the pride of.. the.. north..

3 match ban for Sessegnon (sp) and 4 game ban for Cattermole

A dive implies there is no contact. There clearly was, thus it wasn't dive. You can debate all day about whether he went down easily, but it wasn't a dive.

Not interested on this Newcastle Vs Sunderland, but A dive doesnt mean there shouldn't be contact. It is also when someone goes down for slightest of contacts. You can call with few alternative words, but in the end when someone just makes a little contact and player goes down it is called dive. For ex if a player goes down when defender touches his arm, shoulder whatever (Somewhere where it is not good enough to make the attacker lose his balance) then it is a clear dive. It is just now a days people are coming with "Player didn't dive, he went down easily" to defend their players. Players are most obvious ones.

(Nothing to do with Tiote incident as it was clear red and replays made it look like Tiote went down easily).