Middlesbrough name Tony Mowbray as new manager

Gaffer

Middlesbrough have named former Celtic boss Tony Mowbray as the new manager at the Riverside.

The former Celtic, West Bromwich Albion and Hibernian boss will take over following Gordon Strachan's departure last week.

Boro currently lie third from bottom in the Championship having won only three games all season.

A press conference will be held at 1530 BST to unveil Mowbray, who played for the club for over 10 years.

More to follow.

(Original Article)

good for them, want to see the three NE teams back in the Prem

I thought he was scottish to, probably because everytime I heard his name it was in a scottish accent. Besides, I'm a Gers fan, I've got an excuse for not taking interest in a former Celtic manager ;)

Mowbray's English.

JP Woody, I feel for you right now.
Feel sorry for me why? He was a great player for us, he's one of the fans and i think he'll do well for us. Sure he done badly as Celtic but you dont get time there. He has done well at Hibs and West Brom when he was there and cant do much worse than we are doing now.

Feel sorry for me why? He was a great player for us, he's one of the fans and i think he'll do well for us. Sure he done badly as Celtic but you dont get time there. He has done well at Hibs and West Brom when he was there and cant do much worse than we are doing now.

He was worse than John Barnes. He was our worst manager in living memory. But good luck to him, hope you don't lose 4-0 to teams like St. Mirren!

He was worse than John Barnes. He was our worst manager in living memory. But good luck to him, hope you don't lose 4-0 to teams like St. Mirren!

Don't you speak ill of John Barnes :O :'(

Guess it'll be a good appointment, done well at West Brom before making that horrible decision to join Celtic were he failed - horribly. Not good memories of Scotland for him then, especially considering half his new team's Scottish :$ ;)

Don't you speak ill of John Barnes :O :'(

Guess it'll be a good appointment, done well at West Brom before making that horrible decision to join Celtic were he failed - horribly. Not good memories of Scotland for him then, especially considering half his new team's Scottish :$ ;)

Well, he did sell a few of them to Middlesbourgh himself. McDonald, Flood, Robson...

I wouldnt say he done well at hibs he won nothing. His teams dont defend. I personally think he is a terrible manager. He got hibs playing nice football but i have one very strong arugment against that. Nice football got west brom relegated from the preimership he also won nothing with hibs and been a celtic fan i had to witness the worst manager in our history. He likes to play nice sexy football but any manager knows the foundation to create this is to have a solid back line. I may eat my words but i do not see him lasting as long as Strachan. Also the statement saying that "that there is not bad blood between and the former celtic players is ****) he didnt get rid of them becasue of it was a good deal he slated every player in the team in teh newspaper saying that he wanted to get rid of 11 players in january. Overall i dont hold much if any hope up for him. Wish you all the luck casue you will need it.

Back