Middlesbrough name Tony Mowbray as new manager

he won nothing at hibs... i doubt any manager could win the league with with any other team than the old firm, like godcubed said he got them promoted also, you could put it this way, Strachan ruined celtic, in the 4 years he was at celtic, he took O'Neils team, then each season he got less points wiht them, got them worse each season, and as soon as he didnt win the league he left, took him 8 month to ruin boro, mowbray will make it right as he did at celtic, he bought the players, most of them are in the celtic team just now, they just needed time to gel which they have done now, so in all fairness he is a brilliant manager and is now back at his local team.

hard to tell what will come of this. Boro are in a similar situation to the one we were in 2 years ago. poor first season after relegation and in our case, disatstrous second season. Boro's has started that way, but unlike us they acted quickly instead of letting the manager have half a season showing no progress. i dont think Boro will meet the same sticky end as we did, but i dont think promotion is on the cards any time soon. They will probably finish in mid-table

he won nothing at hibs... i doubt any manager could win the league with with any other team than the old firm, like godcubed said he got them promoted also, you could put it this way, Strachan ruined celtic, in the 4 years he was at celtic, he took O'Neils team, then each season he got less points wiht them, got them worse each season, and as soon as he didnt win the league he left, took him 8 month to ruin boro, mowbray will make it right as he did at celtic, he bought the players, most of them are in the celtic team just now, they just needed time to gel which they have done now, so in all fairness he is a brilliant manager and is now back at his local team.
he defiantly did not make celtic right ;)

Well i never siad anything about winning the league but he never won the league cup or scottish cup with hibs and that is something that is achievable.

Second point: Although i loved o'neil at celtic the team he left was past it and needed to be restructured. a lot of the team were the wrong side of 30. Strachan done brilliant with a very limited budget he done something oneil never done and got into the champions league. He didnt make it right at celtic he was a shocking manager. did you see some of his decisions? Aiden Mcgeady at LB WTF? that is your manager !! i dont know how you can say he is a brillaint manager (it is your opnion whih is fair enough) but out with the promotion what other major trophies has he won?

Third point: I go to the celtic games and mowbrys team didnt know hwo to defend( not thats changed for celtic since he left ) however he sells one defender garry caldwell (he was **** but he had experience) then loaded out Mcmanus and odea, Then bought three defender two young prospects and a experience defender who hasnt played for over three months becasue his season finished in sweden and then wonders why we concede goals with decisions like that i mean really.

Fouth and final point: Last season when he was celtic manager we were loseing against st johnstone and he decided to put on all his strikers in the second half of the game and play like 4-2-4 now it worked i that game partly casue they were down to 10 men. Then when we played st mirren he decided to throw all the strikers on at 2 nill down and this resulted in us getting beat 4-0. In my opinion i feel his decions making skills are terrible and i feel that is something a team needs to be succesful.

If he does brillaint i will eat my words but i wont hold my breath. :p

hibs still haven't won it and they are declining now,

strachan was **** at boro we have seen this, i never heard this but maybe Aiden McGeady was the only available player? what did strachan do apart from win trophys at celtic (which isnt to hard as there are only 2 teams in it).

ignoreing the defenders, he brought in Keane which you are forgetting, but i think that selling some of celtics best players to boro was suspicious, as he is from boro but i don't know just a conspiracy.

but i think with a little more time at celtic he would have proved a decent manger.

oh well, look to the future now

I think the problem at celtic for Mowbray was he tried to change too many things too soon and upset alot of the players. If the players dont want you they wont play for you, simple as that. The same thing happened to Strachan when he came to Boro, he thought it was going to be a breeze, he thought so what if i upset the players already there and the fans and he ended up falling flat on his face, he will probably never get another job in management because of that.

I think the problem at celtic for Mowbray was he tried to change too many things too soon and upset alot of the players. If the players dont want you they wont play for you, simple as that. The same thing happened to Strachan when he came to Boro, he thought it was going to be a breeze, he thought so what if i upset the players already there and the fans and he ended up falling flat on his face, he will probably never get another job in management because of that.
i wouldnt go that far, i would still rate him as a manager and i would take him back at celtic if lennon was to leave

Saw this coming after the opening day of the season. Going to be weird being back with Mcdonald and Robson again.

Good luck to monkey head, hopefully he can get them back in the prem. I want to watch good teams when I visit Boro.

hibs still haven't won it and they are declining now,

strachan was **** at boro we have seen this, i never heard this but maybe Aiden McGeady was the only available player? what did strachan do apart from win trophys at celtic (which isnt to hard as there are only 2 teams in it).

ignoreing the defenders, he brought in Keane which you are forgetting, but i think that selling some of celtics best players to boro was suspicious, as he is from boro but i don't know just a conspiracy.

but i think with a little more time at celtic he would have proved a decent manger.

oh well, look to the future now
He had players but he played mcgeady at LB in not one but two games when we were getting beat. I am not strachans biggest fan but even i will admit his record was better than oneils. His percentage of wins was greater than oneils. Yeah but Keane was never his signing the board brought him in. They were strachans players so i dont see how u get suspicious. (same as Ricardo Carvalho went to madrid former Mourinho player) If he stayed any longer at celtic he would have ruined us. We would have been lucky to finish 3rd never mind second. Also in Europe he was dire the group we had in the Europa League was won we should have at least Qualfied if not won.

He's a hot and cold manager in my eyes. Should do well with the team he has there, they just haven't his any sort of form yet, wouldn't suprise me if they were near the play-offs come the end of the season though.

I would agree with everything upto the last statement he will get another job as his experience is one to admire. Although he didnt do well at boro he will get another job.

Seen this happening as soon as Gordo was given the chop. Best of luck to him, always liked him even when he was at Celtic. IMO, he tried to improve they way they played football, but just failed.

Seen this happening as soon as Gordo was given the chop. Best of luck to him, always liked him even when he was at Celtic. IMO, he tried to improve they way they played football, but just failed.
partly agree with that

Im pleased hes manager actually. I'm a massive Boro fan and have seen many videos of Mogga. Im just glad a boy-hood Boro fan has got the job.