Most fierce football rivalries and derby's!

Most fierce football rivalry?

• Boca Juniors V River Plate

Votes: 41 14.0%
  • America V Guadalajara

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Crvena Zvezda V Partizan

Votes: 28 9.6%
  • CSKA Moscow V Spartak Moscow

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Dinamo Bucharest V Steaua Bucharest

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Fenerbahce V Galatasaray

Votes: 38 13.0%
  • Internazionale V AC Milan

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Lazio V Roma

Votes: 11 3.8%
  • Barcelona V Real Madrid

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Celtic V Rangers

Votes: 76 26.0%
  • Liverpool V Manchester United

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Millwall V West Ham

Votes: 36 12.3%

• Total voters
Yeah that's what I said :p

Although Fenerbache v Galatasaray is close, wearing the wrong shirt can get you killed in Turkey :/
Turkey & Russia are hostile environments to play football in, but I voted for the Old Firm (parcel bombs, etc.). Also, what's happened in the Belgrade and the Polish derby?

honduras vs el salvador, one time they played el salvador invaded honduras

dont know if anyone mentioned it but its el salvador honduras, el salvador lost and launched an invasion on honduras, soliders moved into the honduran capital, out of those id say america vs guadalajara, saw a game on tv once, 1000 fans were taken out of the stadium, wheres AEK Athens vs olympiakos?

LOL

Voted Celtic vs. Rangers, it has it all really.
Closely followed by Red Star - Partizan and Boca - River Plate

I LOL none of the English derby's are that bad excluding West Ham - Millwall. Barca - Real is also very tame and only popular because both teams are World Class.

Partizan - Red Star: It's a war!:S
Real - Barça: Spain - Catalunya
Palmeiras - Corinthians: Greatest Brazilian rivalry, just like Boca - River

Why isnt Sporting vs Benfica there? biggest rivalry in Portugal since 1908!

At least 20 dead out of this rivalry so far, tons of arrests and injured people...

I voted for Celtic vs Rangers because ive got to admit it is by far the most intense. I think you missed a few though mate, here in Egypt Ahly vs Zamalek is INSANE lol

River Plate vs Boca I reckon, certainly in terms of fans really going at it, though Rangers vs Celtic is very close.

Why isnt Sporting vs Benfica there? biggest rivalry in Portugal since 1908!

At least 20 dead out of this rivalry so far, tons of arrests and injured people...

You know NOTHING about portuguese football. Only 1 person died in Benfica v Sporting (Sporting v Benfica) game, and it was in a cup final, some benfica supporter threw afirework to the opposite side of the stadium ending up killing a sporting CP fan.

Porto vs Benfica is 10x worst.

You know NOTHING about portuguese football. Only 1 person died in Benfica v Sporting (Sporting v Benfica) game, and it was in a cup final, some benfica supporter threw afirework to the opposite side of the stadium ending up killing a sporting CP fan.

Porto vs Benfica is 10x worst.

Blyndreaper is right, Porto v Benfica is the bigget rivalry in Portugal by far, and a very big one that should also be on that list. No one cares about Sporting.

What about Lazio-Roma.
A few years ago a Lazio fan brought a motorbike up the upper tier and dropped it over the edge to the lower tier and it killed some Roma fans
inaccurate
the motorbike thing was by an inter support during a Inter-Milan match
and the only person killed during a Rome derby was paparelli in 1979, as stated in the first post of the thread
every other allegation of deaths during a Derby della Capitale is just a urban legend, just like in 2006 when the match was stopped because someone reported that a cops vehicle had run into a 10 years old child, killing him, which turned out to be false

Blyndreaper is right, Porto v Benfica is the bigget rivalry in Portugal by far, and a very big one that should also be on that list. No one cares about Sporting.

******* ignorant. Thats typical Porto mentality. Sporting vs Benfica is the oldest rivalry. And that thing you said, no one cares about Sporting, you should have a look at the last few matches between sporting and porto. Porto only won 3 times in the past 5 years or so, and it was because the ref's helped them :) Indirect free kick at dragão, porto wins 1-0. Free kick that doesnt exist, 1-0 for porto, and the last game, where the ref's performance was unbelievable

I'm obviously biased being a Celtic fan, but ignoring the OF, I'd say the top 10 are:

Fenerbahce vs Galatasaray
Boca vs River
Lazio vs Roma
Barca vs Real Madrid
Porto vs Benfica
Ajax vs Feyenoord
PAOK vs Olympiakos
Kaizer Chiefs vs Orlando Pirates
Lech Poznan vs Wisla Krakow (truly mental)
Scotland vs England

On a wee side note, whenever I see Halbard makes a post, it seems to contain lots of swearing and/or details of conspiracies against Sporting Lisbon. Just as an observation, it could be that you're...just...not very good?

On a wee side note, whenever I see Halbard makes a post, it seems to contain lots of swearing and/or details of conspiracies against Sporting Lisbon. Just as an observation, it could be that you're...just...not very good?
A detailed explanation of what i meant would require a wall of text, including portuguese society details that foreigners have a tough time understanding.
And it's not a conspiracy. Porto has the ref's wallets. Benfica has their hearts. Sporting has neither, so we´re always getting ******.

A detailed explanation of what i meant would require a wall of text, including portuguese society details that foreigners have a tough time understanding.
And it's not a conspiracy. Porto has the ref's wallets. Benfica has their hearts. Sporting has neither, so we´re always getting ******.

I think you just proved my theory. Swearing, baseless conspiracies, etc, etc.
Could it not just be that Sporting aren't as good? Porto have an awesome team, imo their best for years. Falcao, Hulk, Moutinho, Belluschi, Otamendi and Helton. Who wouldn't want them in their team? And Benfica have got players like Aimar, Saviola, Cardozo, Gaitan, Coentrao (up until a few days ago) and Lusiao.
SCP don't really have any starplayers now, after Moutinho, Liedson and Veloso left, maybe besides Fernandez. I could say that Patrucio, Fernandez and Izmailov are pretty good, but the rest are pretty average imo. I do like Yannick Djalo though, just cause he was a beast in FM10. :D

There is no arguing with you. Cardozo is a lump. Aimar can't play an entire match. Luisão lost tons of balls in the air against a player with less 25 cm than him. Patricio is better than helton, Hulk is massively overrated.