Most fierce football rivalries and derby's!

Most fierce football rivalry?

• Boca Juniors V River Plate

Votes: 41 14.0%
  • America V Guadalajara

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Crvena Zvezda V Partizan

Votes: 28 9.6%
  • CSKA Moscow V Spartak Moscow

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Dinamo Bucharest V Steaua Bucharest

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Fenerbahce V Galatasaray

Votes: 38 13.0%
  • Internazionale V AC Milan

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Lazio V Roma

Votes: 11 3.8%
  • Barcelona V Real Madrid

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Celtic V Rangers

Votes: 76 26.0%
  • Liverpool V Manchester United

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Millwall V West Ham

Votes: 36 12.3%

• Total voters
Haa.... I missed Halbard's shannannigans :D... Not.

Cardozo a lump :D Sure, that lump scores more goals than all Sporting's forwards.. combined ;D...

But there is no arguing,altough Benfica and Sporting are the oldest rivalry, Benfica vs Porto is the most fierce one. Why? Because Sporting is just far away in terms of a team.

i've been to 3 of them derbies!
fenerbache-galatasaray- just amazing hatred was with fenerbache ultras who were constantly singing ' we **** your mothers galatasary' and other strange songs!
liverpool united many times always some decent action
but rangers celtic was a real dissapointment for me was just an awful atmosphere

There is no arguing with you. Cardozo is a lump. Aimar can't play an entire match. Luisão lost tons of balls in the air against a player with less 25 cm than him. Patricio is better than helton, Hulk is massively overrated.

Cardozo has scored 101 in 168 games. Yeah, he may be a lump but he scores goals regardless. Aimar is still an influential player though, I'd take him anyday. I wouln't say Patricio is better than Helton, they're about equal imo. And Hulk is over-rated? A UEFA Cup winner, treble winner, Brazilian international with 36 goals in 70 games, more than a goal per game? Aye, very over-rated. :S

But there is no arguing,altough Benfica and Sporting are the oldest rivalry, Benfica vs Porto is the most fierce one. Why? Because Sporting is just far away in terms of a team.

Just wait for the league to start up again. without coentros, benfica has absolutely no drive.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

We're getting sidetracked anyway. As far as i know, i dont know about any deaths in the Porto VS Benfica rivalry. I know that about half a dozen guys died before a Sporting X Porto match back in the mid 90's and that 1 sporting fellow was killed by one of the animals of the benfica's ultras in 1996. I also remember a night a couple of years ago, that Sporting went to win 3-1 at Luz, and a mate of mine got stabbed by benfica fans, while he was peacefully waiting for the train. luckily, he made it.

The Benfica X Porto rivalry is not a historical . Pinto da Costa (gangster) and Luis Filipe Vieira (business partner with José Eduardo dos Santos, namely in the drug export business),just loathe each other.

Last edited:
i've been to 3 of them derbies!
fenerbache-galatasaray- just amazing hatred was with fenerbache ultras who were constantly singing ' we **** your mothers galatasary' and other strange songs!
liverpool united many times always some decent action
but rangers celtic was a real dissapointment for me was just an awful atmosphere

What Old Firm game were you at ? Don't know how you can say theres an awful atmoshere ?

Old firm, more than just football is taken to a game on that day.

Well I can see that many people voted for English and Scottish derbies.But we need to disgust about what are we talking - derbies with amazing atmosphere (you know loud fans,singing and witouth fiting) or the most violent derbies (people stabing each other...). So if we are talking about violent derbies I must say Zvezda -Partizan and Dinamo - Hajduk! Second time i was going to a derby bettween Zvezda and Partizan I still did not see the danger that I could get hurt, but after that match everything changed for me...for me the game ended JUST with a broken right arm, some broken fingers and a concussion. It's just amazing how easily you can get hurt by some folks that you've never seen before and wouldn't do anything to you if you would wear a diferent shirt...

For me, being Dutch and a Feyenoord fan, Feyenoord - Ajax is the biggest one ofcourse. My top 5 is:

Feyenoord - Ajax
Crvena Zvezda - Partizan
Celtic - Rangers
Lazio - AS Roma
River Plate - Boca jnrs.

Well have you been to an old firm?
i'm using actual experiences
our away fans are one of the best in the country

I have been to alot of old firms, i have family in scotland, Rangers supporters, so yes i have, amazing atmosphere.

see i'm not saying the old firm games are **** i'm saying the one i went to was, hoping to go to one next year!

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

but fenerbache galatasary ***** on them all!

I went for Lazio vs Roma, my boss is Italian and from Rome, he says it gets ******* mental there sometimes, not as much nowadays but back in the 50's to late 70's it was crazy!

I went for Lazio vs Roma, my boss is Italian and from Rome, he says it gets ******* mental there sometimes, not as much nowadays but back in the 50's to late 70's it was crazy!
now I really want to know if he's romanista or laziale :D