how did you managed to get Mbiwa back into the first team in 2014?

I don't use Opposition instructions neither i listen to my assistant manager! The training is according to opposition... always médium intensity, fitness half the pre-season, team cohesion the other half of the pre-season, attacking movement almost every season and before very though away games i switch it to defensive movement. If i had a team like stoke city coming my way, i switch it to defensive free kicks (sorry about the names, I play FM in portuguese so don't know how training names are in english).

I don't use Opposition instructions neither i listen to my assistant manager! The training is according to opposition... always médium intensity, fitness half the pre-season, team cohesion the other half of the pre-season, attacking movement almost every season and before very though away games i switch it to defensive movement. If i had a team like stoke city coming my way, i switch it to defensive free kicks (sorry about the names, I play FM in portuguese so don't know how training names are in english).

What was the pressing like? Were you able to improve it?

The pressing is just fine. I like the pressing from the wingbacks and center mids, they attack the ball and/or the opposition, without brain freezes or be caught out of position. The front 4 get in the way of the ball, being a pain in the *** for the opposition, which i like. I've been using hector Herrera and lucas romero in miedfield, both have stamina, work rate, strenght and a bit of pace, which is nice, but perhaps players without this attributes will make you fragile against though opposition who plays through the center

The pressing is just fine. I like the pressing from the wingbacks and center mids, they attack the ball and/or the opposition, without brain freezes or be caught out of position. The front 4 get in the way of the ball, being a pain in the *** for the opposition, which i like. I've been using hector Herrera and lucas romero in miedfield, both have stamina, work rate, strenght and a bit of pace, which is nice, but perhaps players without this attributes will make you fragile against though opposition who plays through the center

Good to hear mate, i've made that change of putting the front 4 on mark tighter!

I don't think that's necessary.I do that because my front 4 (tello,brahimi,quintero,Jackson) have poor stamina, work rate and teamwork, and i need them do compromisse with the defense 'cause i don't have ball playing defenders and made a lot of mistakes on my court half. But i've lost fluity going forward. I think that if you have hard workers upfront, and the recommended players at your back, you don't really need tight marking

I don't think that's necessary.I do that because my front 4 (tello,brahimi,quintero,Jackson) have poor stamina, work rate and teamwork, and i need them do compromisse with the defense 'cause i don't have ball playing defenders and made a lot of mistakes on my court half. But i've lost fluity going forward. I think that if you have hard workers upfront, and the recommended players at your back, you don't really need tight marking

fair enough but I'm midway through my second season (hadn't won in 9 games doing terrible) on this online game and I've literally just changed it and
won 3 out of 4 (drew 1) scored 11 conceded 1

Nice to hear that mate! I don't really know Pochettino style of play, Southampton or Tottenham, but you based your tactic in solid research, transpose that information to FM, so keep on. I'm happy with the lovely attacking football, and i will glady give you my feedback (thinking of starting a save with tottenham or some other BPL team) ;)

I think the role is Advance Playmaker with attack
o.png

Inside forward/support working fine for me mate

Nice to hear that mate! I don't really know Pochettino style of play, Southampton or Tottenham, but you based your tactic in solid research, transpose that information to FM, so keep on. I'm happy with the lovely attacking football, and i will glady give you my feedback (thinking of starting a save with tottenham or some other BPL team) ;)

Pochettino's Southampton played some of the best football in the league. How the game should be played IMO, can't stand managers like Pardew, Pulis etc who play route one

Much appreciated for the test mate! Did it fulfil it's style of pressing high? And do you mind if I use these SS for the OP?

Many thanks
dont know I use instant result for testing so dont see how it plays, yes its fine with me if you use screenshots in OP.

This tactic keep getting better once it is fluid. I never use OI and for away game I change the mentality to control.