Pro Evolution Soccer 2011

PES has never being my cup of tea and Fifa was always better in my opinion, I hate the Man Red aspects

hum, faithful to PES ever since I remember. I just won't buy FIFA and all of you who turn to that other side should burn in **** (6)

Au contraire of most of you, I loved last years PES. Only thing i could complain of, would be the increased difficulty, never played those lats FIFA's but scoring goals from the midfield is just not my thing.

Looking forward to it |)

PES isn't difficult, it's not easy, but on professional or top player it's not too hard even with lower teams.

Collision detection is bad in PES, for both ball and player. I was playing earlier this morning on the PC, and the AI passed back to it's goalie, and it deflected off his foot and went into his own goal. Never seen that before so I watched the replay, it literally went THROUGH his leg to no fault of his own.

Other problems I have with PES

1. The referees go blind when you get the ball into opponents box. I cant count how many times I've watched replays and have had multiple guys go cleats up into my legs, I fall, and ball goes magically to one of their players who clears.
2. Weather has no effect in game outside of annoying you. I could stand watching all the freaking 2d rain if it made me play different.

Been a PES fan since 08 and then I converted to Fifa, I am not proud of my decision but don't regret it, Fifa has been a lot better the past two years and they've stopped it so that all the goals you score aren't literally identical.

I always buy both; how can one deal without Master League?

fifa was just more fun for me in the last years .
when i played PES i started to rage soon...hope they can improve their games anooying things

The two most important things that PES needs to improve is:
  • The passing - currently you have to pick a direction and hope it goes to somebody remotely where you want it to. Also good to hear they are including a power bar for passes as now you don't need to hold pass for 5 seconds just to pass to the next player over.
  • Movement - Players are ridiculously limited to rails still. On FIFA it feels like the players have complete freedom of movement and this is something which really irritates me.
If those two things can be made to be more like FIFA then PES can be a great game again no doubt about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
pro was garbish this year :( fifa has got better and FiFa WOrld Cup shows that fifa will be awesome next year :p but i will still pes and fifa :* but need improvements big time !!

Everything else does not matter much as long as they don't have official licenses like EA.

if you have PES on PC, there is a thing called smoke patch. It adds in an incredible amount of teams, players, national teams, tactics, stadiums etc...

Makes the game sooooooooooooo much better.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 will be amazing...its always better then the trailer!

PRO EVOLUTION FAN ALWAYS AND FORVER!....Buy it every year!

08 sucked, 09 sucked and 10 sucked... so i think ill only get Fifa this year.

ugh, this game is so freaking gay. The whole tactics thing that was supposed to revolutionize pes10 doesn't do anything at all.

Let's not mention how you can't kick the ball if the PC doesn't recognizes your side as having possession........and what of the sliding kicks, uh stay on your feet idiot. Or how about AI fouling the **** out of you and getting away with it. I was about to steal the ball from a defender, and before I even touched the ball he went cleats up into my *******....

after picking up the controller again, I remembered why I put it down in the first place. The game is real bad. I hate when the computer makes you do something you aren't doing or don't want to do (magic stopping, or running in wrong direction) and pressing pass 2-3 before your player freaks out and tries to slide kick it....

Last edited:
The Press are allowed to reveal all from their recent trips to Konami from tomorrow so...

June 1st Survival Guide

Well we’re nearly there guys. Just a few days left before the moment of truth.

It sounds silly saying that in the month of May, but it seems everyone is pinning all their hopes on PES 2011’s next outing. Personally I feel that’s not only premature, but also dangerous. Giving a final verdict with many months to go before release is hardly practical, but hey, that’s the world we live in. So far Konami have kept everyones interest in check, now they hope to pass the next test to keep you hungry for more.

And so to June 1st, the date that will see websites worldwide release their first impressions on PES 2011. I’ve been in touch with the press in the UK, and have managed to get you guys a timetable of whats to come:

Eurogamer.net

Massive thanks to Tom Bramwell from Eurogamer for his correspondence this week. He’s been keeping me informed day to day, with many things yet to be finalised. At 9am UK time, expect a detailed preview, some screenshots, and a special Eurogamer TV video showing the studio tour, interviews, and (hopefully) some element of in-game footage.

PSM3mag.com

You all know PSM3 by now, and good friend of the site Dan Dawkins. He’s already been collaborating with us, the previous post proves that. So along with their expected impressions write-up, expect all your questions answered in a separate Q&A segment! Interestingly, Dan said the next PSM3 podcast that hits Tuesday features him talking about his playtest for a good 10mins, so that should be worth a listen!

Lets also not forget, PSM3 magazine will be hitting shelves June 3rd. The magazine with have some exclusive content, but with our focus on the online press impressions, it’s something we’ll detail a day before it hits.

GameSpot.com

The UK arm of the mega games site will be posting up an interview they did with Jon Murphy this week.

CVG.com

The site that homes PSM3’s website will have some content of their own. Similar to GameSpot, they also have an interview going up with Jon Murphy.

And that’s June 1st for you folks! There’s a lot more planned for the week ahead, but lets take one day at a time. Like you all I’m hoping for a day of celebration. While many demand it, I expect much less will happen. I don’t expect anyone to be down on the game, but after such a long time in doldrums, proclamations that the king is back will be avoided even if believed. Expect cautious optimism, in my opinion. After all, still got 5 months to blow your socks off!

the more I play pes2010, the more I realize how hopeless the franchise is.

Every game I encounter annoying problems, and usually game breaking problems. If it weren't for FIFA's lack of attention to the PC market, I'd have switched a couple years ago.

i loved pes 5 i thought it was the best one 6 was ok, but i felt it was a little disappointing, and pes 2008 jesus christ, it was utter garbage, i converted to fifa, and never looked back since, until this past fifa, it was bug ridden, i was thinking about getting pes 10 but never did instead waited for fifa world cup and i must say that is class, one thing that annoyed me about pes was the top player difficulty was stupidly easy regardless of which team you were, it was annoying, so i went looking for a challenge and got fifa 09 onwards :) i hope for the sake of the franchise, they really step it up and give pes lovers what they wish for

After being a FIFA fan for a while, I found the series was getting a bit stale and converted to PES at PES4, which I liked, PES5 I thought was great and then with PES6, which, in my opinion, is the best football game ever. The problems started when the PS3 came out and PES 2008 was released. Basically, in a nutshell, it was awful, and as FIFA08 (in my opinion, their return to form), came free with my PS3, I converted back to FIFA at that point, buying FIFA09 and skipping over PES 2009. Because of money, I didn't bother buying FIFA10 and decided to wait for next years edition, and I was bought PES 2010. Although I found it to be better than the 2008 edition, I found it to be pretty boring, and overall a pretty mediocre game. Every year we hear about all this amazing changes which will be implemented into both franchises, but the only one which has made a real difference, in a long, long time, has been FIFA's 360 degree dribbling. It'll take a massive improvement for me to even consider buying this, especially over FIFA11.

After playing PES2010 in BAL and ML for a couple weeks almost exclusively, I remembered why I stopped playing the first go around.

Absolutely terrible game.

Any game that overrides your own controller input (especially when you've got the goalie on the hang mans noose) is utter ****. Let's not even mention the AI and the fact that the best players in the game in BAL with 99 ratings play like 12 year olds (looking at you Baggio....you can't dribble your way out of barn)

All negative threads on PESGaming.com are locked, with the typical fanboi mantra and Mods baiting posters for bannings. I have absolutely no faith in PES2011, especially with the blind sheep that continue to suckle from the konami teet.

edit: anyone else feel that PES getting the champions cup license saved their franchise?

Last edited: