Pro Evolution Soccer 2011

I haven't seen a thing on the 2011 trailer that is new or innovative. Wow a guy jumped over the ball?! Like that isn't in the game in a different technical fashion.... The only thing is the "power meter" that is already in the game now, hopefully the new power meter is faster and allows the game to be more responsive.

btw, I've been looking on Pesgaming, the main argument fanbois use against the skeptics is "you don't know how to play the game" or "fifa is arcadey".

1. It shows lack of critical thinking
2. Regardless of what fifa is like, any game that forces you to do things is far from realistic.

pes = pants

..it genuinely is ****.
Can we move away from comments like this please,it was done to death on both PES and FIFA threads last year.

If you want to bash the game fine but make it constructive,not just "PES is ****"

If you can't be arsed being constructive then simply dont comment.

I really hope that PES2011 will be a good game, I used to love them but they didn't make any real improvements to the gameplay and only really focused on the graphics. Fifa completely suprised me of how good it had become when I first played Fifa 08 when I got my Xbox. From that trailer it looks like the same old game with a few different things so I guess I'll probably end up buying Fifa again instead for it's superior football experience.

I Think i'll wait till PES12 before i consider the game again

I Think i'll wait till PES12 before i consider the game again

oO)

I haven't seen a thing on the 2011 trailer that is new or innovative. Wow a guy jumped over the ball?! Like that isn't in the game in a different technical fashion.... The only thing is the "power meter" that is already in the game now, hopefully the new power meter is faster and allows the game to be more responsive.

I understand someone from Konami molested you so the attitude in your posts is understandable, but how can you say there is nothing new or innovative in the video?

1. The range of the passing with the new passing system.
2. Throw in system is different. Power bar with that as well so it's not just analog like before.
3. New player animations. Over 90% of the animations are new this year (apparently).
4. Jostling.
5. New skills - for those who like that sort of thing.
6. Copa Libertadores license.
7. The sexy skin tight Ivory Coast kits :wub:
8. Probably more...

It might not be an impressive list but it does show you weren't paying any attention.

btw, I've been looking on Pesgaming, the main argument fanbois use against the skeptics is "you don't know how to play the game" or "fifa is arcadey".

1. It shows lack of critical thinking
2. Regardless of what fifa is like, any game that forces you to do things is far from realistic.

Fanboys will be fanboys. Every game/console/etc has them so why even bother mentioning them? Everybody knows they talk *****, that's the whole point of being a fanboy.

There are and have been plenty of threads/articles on PESFan/PESGaming/WENB/etc on the shortcomings of PES. So look for what the real fans say instead of the morons.

oO)

I understand someone from Konami molested you so the attitude in your posts is understandable, but how can you say there is nothing new or innovative in the video?

Was supposed to be in last year, after FIFA announced their 360 movement/passing, apparently it wasn't implemented properly in PES (click on right stick for 360 pass, really crappy anyway)

2. Throw in system is different. Power bar with that as well so it's not just analog like before.

How can you tell the "system" is different from the video?
It was different last year in that we could finally move a bit and didn't have invisible walls. I already mentioned the new power bar.
3. New player animations. Over 90% of the animations are new this year (apparently).
Every year has new animations, last year was supposed to have a ton as well, but I still saw the same ones as they've had the last few years. Even if they are new, it doesn't mean they are good.

4. Jostling.

I believe they tried to get this in last year as well. Pretty much all we've got is players reaching out, and the basic body moves.

Again, every year they say this, and again it's always the same useless tricks plus 1 or two "new" ones that are just spin offs, also hate how you can't use the right stick for tricks anymore.

Didn't notice this in video.

Can already get the kits with mods.

8. Probably more...

Probably not, but I'm sure they will improve grass textures and corner flag physics for next year.

It might not be an impressive list but it does show you weren't paying any attention.

Okay, whatever you say

The passing definitely looks better from that video but the players still seem to be on rails a little bit. Maybe they just haven't smoothed out the animations though.

All the gay tricks in the vid is just embarrassing, just looks like they're trying to get all the **** who like that on FIFA to come over to PES.

Anyway I'm just going to wait until the demo is out because there is no way to tell what a football game is like until you can play it.

Was supposed to be in last year, after FIFA announced their 360 movement/passing, apparently it wasn't implemented properly in PES (click on right stick for 360 pass, really crappy anyway)

Just because you aren't talented enough to use the manual passing on PES 2009 doesn't mean it was crappy, once you master it then it's pretty impressive what you can do. It wasn't quite 360 in 2010 but it was 16-direction which was a big improvement on the 8 way passing from 2009.

Just because it was supposed to be in last year when they implement it this year as the default passing system it doesn't mean it's not a new feature.

How can you tell the "system" is different from the video?
It was different last year in that we could finally move a bit and didn't have invisible walls. I already mentioned the new power bar.

It's different because of the power bar, it's more like FIFA's throw ins now where you have more freedom of who you pass it to. Instead of two players near or just throwing it long.

Every year has new animations, last year was supposed to have a ton as well, but I still saw the same ones as they've had the last few years. Even if they are new, it doesn't mean they are good.

I'm not saying they are good. All I'm saying is that there are new because you said that there was nothing new at all in the video.

4. Jostling.

I believe they tried to get this in last year as well. Pretty much all we've got is players reaching out, and the basic body moves.

Yup, which is still a new feature. Might not be good, but it's new.
Again, every year they say this, and again it's always the same useless tricks plus 1 or two "new" ones that are just spin offs, also hate how you can't use the right stick for tricks anymore.

You can use the right stick for tricks. Haven't you read the first couple of posts?

Didn't notice this in video.

Then what video were you watching? Seriously? The last half of the video is all Cope Libertadores!

Can already get the kits with mods.

Yeah, but it's the actual kit model that's changed. Not just the texture. I'd find you a comparison picture but I can't be bothered going through the trouble for you to just ignore it like the video.

Okay, whatever you say

It's true though, you clearly didn't watch the video at all and just thought you'd say your pre-determined thoughts.

Last edited:
All the skills shown on the trailer can be done on Fifa 10 and look much smoother on Fifa 10. Nothing on the trailer makes me want to switch back to PES.
But the demo will be the main thing they have to get right. There's no way I'll buy it if the demo isn't better than Fifa World Cup

Just because you aren't talented enough to use the manual passing on PES 2009 doesn't mean it was crappy, once you master it then it's pretty impressive what you can do. It wasn't quite 360 in 2010 but it was 16-direction which was a big improvement on the 8 way passing from 2009.

I always heard it was useful, but it took a lot of practice. But PES did rush this out after FIFA announced late that they had 360.

Just because it was supposed to be in last year when they implement it this year as the default passing system it doesn't mean it's not a new feature.

It may not have been "360" but it was their attempt at countering fifa. I remember reading on PESgaming about it (back when I thought the forum was worth a ****) It's certainly not a new feature, they are simply expanding on the passing system that is already in the game.

It's different because of the power bar, it's more like FIFA's throw ins now where you have more freedom of who you pass it to. Instead of two players near or just throwing it long.

I hate throw ins for this reason, completely useless. Have you received a throw in on BAL? If you move, the throw in taker still throws it to where you WERE.

I'm not saying they are good. All I'm saying is that there are new because you said that there was nothing new at all in the video.

And I said that last year was supposed to have all sorts of new animations, and we didn't receive that many. I didn't really notice that many new animations other than the new tricks (couldn't tell if they changed dribbling animations which was one of the biggest gripes people have). I'm not going to bet the farm on 90% new animations, because in videos the developers can show you what they want to show.

Yup, which is still a new feature. Might not be good, but it's new.

Again, I've said PES has promised this before. I guess since it wasn't in last year, I guess you can consider it "new" but it's still an "old" promise.

You can use the right stick for tricks. Haven't you read the first couple of posts?

Right stick for PES2011? I was talking about 2010, and I see no place on the PC version to change any of the dribbling options. As of now you have to use bumper and trigger buttons mixed with left stick.

Then what video were you watching? Seriously? The last half of the video is all Cope Libertadores!

Guess I lost interest by then. :)

Yeah, but it's the actual kit model that's changed. Not just the texture. I'd find you a comparison picture but I can't be bothered going through the trouble for you to just ignore it like the video.

Really have no desire to see kits in the game that show off ripply man muscle...just another eye candy feature that has ZERO purpose.

It's true though, you clearly didn't watch the video at all and just thought you'd say your pre-determined thoughts.

Listen, I've played PES for years, the past few have been awful. Every year we hear new promises about this and that, and every year the game is fundamentally broken. This year is the same ****. They show you a trailer produced in order to increase excitement about the game. The promised "new" stuff has been promised for last year. Last year they didn't come through on those promises, but this year I'm supposed to throw away my money blindly believing they will follow their word?

They sacrificed PES2009, in order to work on their new graphics engine and features for PES2010 (or that's how konami put it) and PES2010 was lackluster. They admitted to spending most of 2 years preparing PES2010, with all the promises I already mentioned, and they failed. Now we are seeing the same promises for 2011 that they had 2 years to implement in 2010.

Let me sum it up for you. PES was so focused on their new graphics and eye candy (which is wonderful really) that they never got around to fulfilling game play issues and promises. A video in which they show 3 cuts of one animation that fulfills the same function as letting the pass go through you to the next person is not impressive IMO.

The AI (both ref and player) in the game is bad (not as bad as 2009), the physics are largely poor, and the player hit boxes are absolutely horrendous.

You can have all the promises of better graphics, tight man shirts, and a fancy power bar that you want. But if it makes no improvement on the quality of game play (which is something PES used to pride itself on) it's not worth the cd it's put on.

I'll concede that the fancy power bar could improve responsiveness. Edit: Also I like what they did with ML, it just needs a few more features.

Last edited:
I hate FIFA. IMO, it just isn't a very good football sim. It's way too easy to score, and Manager Mode is awful in comparison to Master League on PES. The only thing it's got is the licensing. The players don't look anywhere near as realistic as they do on PES.

I've been playing Pro Evo since it was ISS. The fact that I had to convert to Ffia 09 and 10 shows how far the game fell in my eyes. This is going to have to blow me away to bring me back. hopefully it does

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

I hate FIFA. IMO, it just isn't a very good football sim. It's way too easy to score, and Manager Mode is awful in comparison to Master League on PES. The only thing it's got is the licensing. The players don't look anywhere near as realistic as they do on PES.
neither is the current PES game, its downright shoddy

I've been playing Pro Evo since it was ISS. The fact that I had to convert to Ffia 09 and 10 shows how far the game fell in my eyes. This is going to have to blow me away to bring me back. hopefully it does

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

neither is the current PES game, its downright shoddy

I genuinely don't think it's that bad. It's not as good at PES 5 or 6, but those were the two best football games ever. Also, multiplayer (not online) is better on PES. It's much more fun. Online FIFA is a lot better.

I genuinely don't think it's that bad. It's not as good at PES 5 or 6, but those were the two best football games ever. Also, multiplayer (not online) is better on PES. It's much more fun. Online FIFA is a lot better.
i cant stand it, its like they hit the heights with pes 6 then got completely lazy because fifa at the time was pretty gash. right now fifa is hands down the better game, and it angers me that actually have to say that considering my long standing affection for PES.

My problems with PES 2010 are what some may call petty, but make a big difference to the feel of the game, IMO.
PES 2010 was my first PES game, after switching from FIFA 2009, after they failed to produce good PC versions of the game. My first impressions were that it had fantastic gameplay, and much better graphics than FIFA (However, I had had Fifa 09 on the Wii, so.....) After a while I learnt how to mod PES, and have the kits for most of the teams, as well as better scoreboards than the truly awful 1990's Olympic style ones. However, the crowd sound was the biggest downfall of the game for me. The chants were repetitive and became annoying, very quickly, and the lack of stadiums alos annoyed the **** out of me. However, it was the first game I had that had something like "Become a legend" or "Be a Pro" I think it is on FIFA. This made me like the game evn more and kept me interested for a while longer. Since then, I have gone off it, but recently I got the FIFA World Cup Mod and that made me interested a bit again. However, you onyl have the fake stadiums on this, and this also anoyed the **** out of me, and I grew tired. Now I am really in a dilemna over which to get next season, as I don't really want to buy both FIFA and PES, as I am also looking to buy F1 2010 and obviously FM 2011. I am stuck.
FIFA:
  • Better game modes (eg Manager Mode)
  • More/Better Range of stadiums
  • Better audio (songs on menu's, and match sounds)
  • Better menu's and scoreboards (without mods)
  • More teams (lower leagues)
  • Licensing (however, you can mod PES to get right kits, logo's etc)

PES:
  • Better/more realistic gameplay
  • Better graphics

..... :S