problem with football manager

19-11-08

loves anderson
Reaction score
I tried to load a saved game on fm and a pop up box told me it couldn't be loaded and fm closed down. i tried restarting the computer and uninstalling and installing fm 2009. now when i try to open the game it says it's already running and it couldn't use the database location

Did a box pop up saying Can't load database?
something like that but more complicated.
more like could not use database location (then database location) reverting to default.

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

someone please help

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

seriously someone help please i have no clue what to do.

can u get a screenshot of what it says wen u try loading up?

can u get a screenshot of what it says wen u try loading up?
<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 414.75pt; HEIGHT: 311.25pt" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:title="" src="file:///C:\Users\taylor\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.png"></v:imagedata></v:shape><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 414.75pt; HEIGHT: 311.25pt" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:title="" src="file:///C:\Users\taylor\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.png"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

i put the screenshots in a document because i couldn.t do it the other way please help.

if you look at the document please don't forget to scroll down. someone help. i have no idea what to do.

Do you have the 9.3 patch?

Does your game run through Steam?

If you got your game through Steam, then the location for the update database is wrong

i'm on the 9.2 patch. i tried to download it with steam but it didn't work so i used the other option. help would be appreciated.

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

If you got your game through Steam, then the location for the update database is wrong
if that is the problem how do i fix it.

i'm on the 9.2 patch. i tried to download it with steam but it didn't work so i used the other option. help would be appreciated.

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

To be honest, I'm not sure. As far as I can tell, if you didn't download it through Steam, then the location of your database appears to be the right one. Sorry, not much help I know but I don't know much about it when it is not done through Steam:(

To be honest, I'm not sure. As far as I can tell, if you didn't download it through Steam, then the location of your database appears to be the right one. Sorry, not much help I know but I don't know much about it when it is not done through Steam:(
thanks for trying

Sounds like a path problem to me.

Sometimes get the same problem at work when switching between oracle data sources.

Has this only started since downloading the patch?

Sounds like a path problem to me.

Sometimes get the same problem at work when switching between oracle data sources.

Has this only started since downloading the patch?
no. it did come after a pop up box came up saying i had viruses and needed to download some software. i thought it might be a virus itself and ran my own anti virus software. it found no viruses. after that that i tried to play fm and it didn't work.

do you think downloading the most recent patch would help.

You current location is: C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/data/updates/update-910/db/910

Which tells me your on the 9.1.0 patch.

If your running the 9.2.0 patch your location address needs to be:
C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/data/updates/update-920/db/920

But I would still suggest downloading the new, 9.3.0 patch.

PC - http://rapidshare.de/files/45654052/FM2009_v9.3.0_Patch_Installer.exe
Mac - http://rapidshare.de/files/45654182/FM2009_v9.3.0_Patch.dmg

If you download the patch then the location should change itself and then the game should run perfect.

Try it and let us know how you get on.

MiiCK.

There's only one way to find out......

Yeah, it may help. Its possible that there's a file or something that may have become corrupt or something causing it to not work. Install the latest patch and see what happens

i'm just telling you this stuff in case it is important. also windows keeps on telling me i need to restart my computer to install important updates.

You current location is: C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/data/updates/update-910/db/910

Which tells me your on the 9.1.0 patch.

If your running the 9.2.0 patch your location address needs to be:
C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/data/updates/update-920/db/920

But I would still suggest downloading the new, 9.3.0 patch.

PC - http://rapidshare.de/files/45654052/FM2009_v9.3.0_Patch_Installer.exe
Mac - http://rapidshare.de/files/45654182/FM2009_v9.3.0_Patch.dmg

If you download the patch then the location should change itself and then the game should run perfect.

Try it and let us know how you get on.

MiiCK.

Good catch MiiCK. I didn't spot that one :S

no. it did come after a pop up box came up saying i had viruses and needed to download some software. i thought it might be a virus itself and ran my own anti virus software. it found no viruses. after that that i tried to play fm and it didn't work.

do you think downloading the most recent patch would help.

Possibly.

Could do with taking a look at the paths in your system variables first as that might be where the problem is. Don't know why it would be screwed up all of a sudden but that seems to be what the second error message is pointing to.