problem with football manager

where do is save the patch to

Save it to your Desktop mate, then double left-click on the icon and it should run you through the process, just basically..

Close FM, double left-click on the Icon you downloaded to your desktop, click OK, Continue etc etc, then it should say complete, launch the game and should work fine ;)

Good catch MiiCK. I didn't spot that one :S

Yeah, I work on computers 24-7, i'm used to picking up little errors etc, I am a PHP Web Designer. lol. 8-|

MiiCK.

thanks but a while ago i screwed up my computer so it no longer nows what type of file anything is hopfully screenshots will help you understand the problem.
thanks for all your help so far. i haven't mentioned my name on this forum but the screenshots give it away so hi i'm taylor.
scroll down lots of screenshots.

I assume double left-clicking on it doesn't work?
It should open a little popup window..
If not, Right-Click and then click 'Open'.

** You shouldn't need to do this to enable the file to install the 9.3.0 Patch. **

So.. Okay, to enable your computer to be able to see file types again follow these instructions. (Vista Instructions)

Open a folder, any folder, My Documents for example.
Click the arrow on the 'Organize' button on the top left of the folder. (Or the Layout picture/button)
Select 'Folder and Search Options'.
A box will appear.
Click the 'View' Tab.
You will see a shed load of options. (First will be: Always show icons, never thumbnails).
Look for: Hide Extensions for known file types.
Make sure it is unchecked.

i'm just telling you this stuff in case it is important. also windows keeps on telling me i need to restart my computer to install important updates.

Click the 'Windows Update' logo in your taskbar. (Green A4 sheet of paper icon with orange ring around it).

It will show you available updates and if the updates are installed but need's a restart to finish the installation then it will tell you to restart the PC.

no. it did come after a pop up box came up saying i had viruses and needed to download some software. i thought it might be a virus itself and ran my own anti virus software. it found no viruses. after that that i tried to play fm and it didn't work.

Try to get a printscreen of the popup that said you had a virus, please.

It could be a virus itself trying to get you to install it.

I'll assist when I have seen your problem XD

MiiCK.

Last edited:
thanks again. i did all that you said. right click then open produces same pop ups in the first screenshots. but i have downloaded the patch from another websit and things are looking promising

You have downloaded the torrent file mate, you need Utorrent if your going to use that one.

I bet it downloaded super fast right?

This is the link:

http://rapidshare.de/files/45654052/FM2009_v9.3.0_Patch_Installer.exe

Once downloaded to your desktop the file name will be: FM2009_v9.3.0_Patch_Installer
Which is a .exe file type.

Double clicking on that file will run it, it's around 233mb.

Good luck, keep us updated!

MiiCK.

i downloaded the patch from somewhere else then left the computer for a while. while i was away it installed the updates i told you about. i tried installing the patch after it had failed before the updates and it worked. it went to main menu but save game still wouldn't load so i loaded a back up of it my computer made and it worked. i think the save was corrupted. everything is now fine. i cannot say thank you enough to the guys that helped me especially Miick. sorry for being such a pain in the ****.

sunderland are now my second favourite club.

i downloaded the patch from somewhere else then left the computer for a while. while i was away it installed the updates i told you about. i tried installing the patch after it had failed before the updates and it worked. it went to main menu but save game still wouldn't load so i loaded a back up of it my computer made and it worked. i think the save was corrupted. everything is now fine. i cannot say thank you enough to the guys that helped me especially Miick. sorry for being such a pain in the ****.

sunderland are now my second favourite club.

Absolutely no problem mate, nothing more frustrating than coming to ask for help and not getting it!

Always here to help!

MiiCK! (H)

thanks miick. just a tiny problem. fm now plays in windowed mode but in display and sound it says it isn't.

thanks miick. just a tiny problem. fm now plays in windowed mode but in display and sound it says it isn't.

Go to:
Options -> Preferences -> Display & Sound
What does it say it is in 'Display Mode:'?
You can always press the 'Maximize' button on the screen, next to the little red cross. (top right of window)

Read to me 'Display Mode'.

MiiCK.

Go to:
Options -> Preferences -> Display & Sound
What does it say it is in 'Display Mode:'?
You can always press the 'Maximize' button on the screen, next to the little red cross. (top right of window)

Read to me 'Display Mode'.

MiiCK.

sorted. changed display mode to a different one. thanks again.