****** ****, I'll have to re-write this story at this rate ;) Cant believe I've made 2 schoolboy errors already !
Thanks for following anyway mate :)

Just trying to keep things factual ;)

Seriously though does look like a great Idea and I will be following!

View attachment 304129

Reporter – So Glenn, how does it feel to be ‘back home’?

Hoddle – It feels great, I cant actually explain how much this club means to me and how privileged I feel to be back.

Reporter – Now a lot has been said and written about owner Daniel Levy recently, how is your relationship with him?

Hoddle – We have a good relationship, our friendship goes back many many years so I know Daniel well, nothing that’s written in the press will make me change my mind on that.

Reporter - How do you feel the financial changes will restrict you going forward?

Hoddle – Our finances will be lower than previous years but we’ll still be operating at a good level. We’ll still have a wage budget of a top 6 or 7 team.

Reporter – Is that where you and Mr Levy see this club then, as a top 6 or 7 club? Surely the fans wants Champions League football back?

Hoddle – Of course not ! Both me and Daniel also want Champions League football back, but there are different ways this can be achieved. You don’t have to throw money about to do this!

Reporter – So what will happen to the top earners at the club? Mr Levi has self imposed a wage cap but you already have several players exceeding this?

Hoddle – Well both me and Daniel will sit down with all the players concerned to try and work something out. Chances are the players concerned will need to sign reduced terms or leave the club.

Reporter – Well, you certainly have a challenge on your hands Glenn. Good luck and I hope to speak to you soon.

View attachment 304096

The squad actually looks very good but as you can see, although I’ve got some work to do to stay in line with my salary cap. I’ve highlighted all the players who exceed my £50,000 per week wage limit. This means I really have some work to do to either let these players go or try and get them to sign reduced terms.

Below, I have listed all the players on more than £50k per week. I’m allowed 3 players over this wage limit, however the rest will either have to leave or sign heavily reduced terms.

I’ll start by offering reduced terms to all these players, however I cant see this going down too well but we’ll see.

View attachment 304095 View attachment 304094 View attachment 304092

View attachment 304091 View attachment 304090 View attachment 304089

View attachment 304088 View attachment 304086 View attachment 304085

Having looked at the 9 players currently over my limit, I’ve decided that my 3 exceptions to this rule will be, Erik Lamela, Christian Erikson and Hugo Lloris.
All 3 of these players are earning over £50k per week but fall in line with my limit of £100k per week, so no change is needed here.

I've tried offering new contract to the 6 players but unsurprisingly this didnt go too well ... Therefore I've decided to offer all players for transfer! Lets see what interest we get ...

This is awesome. Your three designated players (more or less what they are) would have been my choices. I love games where the point is to become the next Mike Ashley.

I like this idea but can't help but feel it's going to be very difficult from Spurs, maybe you should have aimed a lower club first!

love the idea !!! interested to see how you rebuild the squad

This is good. You chose the right three players, although it would be a pity to see Kyle Walker going.

I don't actually think you are missing out much on the players you are shipping out, Walker is very good RWB but you can get better for less I think. As for Paulinho I think there are 100's of cheap replacements as we all know, Kranevitter, Gil Romero, Lucas Romero etc. and as for Ade, Soldado, Holtby and Lennon I say good riddance.
Good luck mate, I am looking forward to see who you bring in!

This is awesome. Your three designated players (more or less what they are) would have been my choices. I love games where the point is to become the next Mike Ashley.

Thanks mate! Yeah i think the 3 really picked themselves.

I like this idea but can't help but feel it's going to be very difficult from Spurs, maybe you should have aimed a lower club first!

I wanted a team where i knew i could challenge within a couple of years. Thanks for the input though.

love the idea !!! interested to see how you rebuild the squad

Re-building the squad is a much harder task than i thought it would be! The transfer fees being demanded are insane!

This is good. You chose the right three players, although it would be a pity to see Kyle Walker going.

Kyle Walker is the one I really dont want to lose, i wasnt really bothered about the rest lol. I'll update everyone about Walker in the next post or two.

I don't actually think you are missing out much on the players you are shipping out, Walker is very good RWB but you can get better for less I think. As for Paulinho I think there are 100's of cheap replacements as we all know, Kranevitter, Gil Romero, Lucas Romero etc. and as for Ade, Soldado, Holtby and Lennon I say good riddance.
Good luck mate, I am looking forward to see who you bring in!

Thanks mate! I agree, although i'd love Walker to stay! I should be able to find cheaper options for the rest though.

Thanks for following guys !

View attachment 304001

So first of all, we had 4 offers made for Roberto Soldado. Southampton, Liverpool, Everton and CSKA Moscow all offered £10million for the Spaniard. However, only Southampton offered this upfront, the rest offered £3million upfront and the rest in monthly instalments.
So, Southampton's offer was accepted and the rest declined !

View attachment 304003

I was very pleased to receive this offer for Assou-Ekotto. A £2million offer from Leicester! I thought i might struggle to get rid of him. Although his wages weren't over my budget, at £40k a week theres still far too high.

View attachment 304002

Again, I was quite surprised to receive this offer too! Liverpool must be desperate for a striker ... offering for both Adebayor and Soldado. Newcastle and Marseille also offered. All 3 offers were accepted, although Liverpools was slightly lower i still accepted because i wasnt confident either of the other two would afford his wage.

View attachment 304000

Another player who I didnt need to sell but i just couldn't see him featuring in the first team. A £10million offer from Roma, although most of this is to be paid over 48 months.

View attachment 303999

This one i was probably most sad about! I really though Naughton was the real deal a few years ago but he just hasnt progressed as he should have done. Not a top earner but way down the pecking order. QPR and Newcastle both offering £4.75 million for him.

Hopefully this should bring in enough money for me to re-build my squad. I've lost some good players here but none of them are world beaters! Surely i can find better replacements cheaper?

Cant I? . . . . . . .

View attachment 303986

Liverpool pull out of Adebayor deal due to lack of finances!! Just what we need! Brendan Rodgers will go straight on the 'worst opinions of' list for this.

View attachment 303985

Adebayor now refuses to find a new club himself ... He's happy to just sit on his big fat £100k a week pay cheque!

I've re-offered him to clubs but so far no other interest.

In other news, we managed to bring in our first signing of the summer:

View attachment 303984

Quite realistically, we completed the signing of MK Dons star, Dele Alli. We snapped up Alli for just £2.8 million and are only paying him £17k per week. Alli won't be a first team regular straight away but i feel he has the potential to be one of our best players!

After completing the signing of Dele Alli, I now need to make sure some of the agreed transfers take place:

View attachment 303981

Assou-Ekotto completes his transfer to Leicester for £2 million, all of which is paid up-front. We still look pretty strong at left back with Ben Davies and Danny Rose still in the squad.

View attachment 303980

Capoue also completed his £10 million transfer to Roma. Capoue had only been at White Hart Lane for a year and failed to make an impression.

View attachment 303978

Aaron Lennon also completed a move to Aston Villa. I’m delighted to be able to get £6 million for him. Just like Naughton and Assou-Ekotto, his wages weren’t over my limit but I still decided to cash in whilst I could still get a heavty transfer fee.

View attachment 303977

Fellow Englishman, Kyle Naughton also completes his transfer across London to QPR. Again, I’m pretty pleased to get £4.7 million for a player who wouldn’t feature.

View attachment 303976

Soldado is the latest player to leave, joining Southampton for £10 million. To be fair to him, he’s reduced his wages considerably to join Southampton, even at £67k per week I still wouldn’t want him.

My only problems now are Emmanuel Adebayor and Paulinho who no one seems to want, I’ve asked both players to find new clubs themselves but both declined. I’ll have to just keep offering them and see if anyone will take them off me.
My only other issue is with Kyle Walker, he wont reduce his wages (in fact he wanted a massive pay rise!) and because he’s injured for 4 months I cant offer him to clubs.

I’ve even tried terminating his contract but . . . . .

View attachment 303973

The only thing I can do is to put him in the reserves and sell him when he’s fit. He cant play any first team football though until he reduces his wages.

I've now managed to raise over £32 million already . . . . now its time to try and re-build this squad and replace the quality i've let go.

Loving this, as somebody who always negotiates contracts down, even if its just saving 10 quid haha.

Keen to see who you get in!

Brilliant story the new guy from MK Dons is a good start and £32 mil will easily replace most of these players gone. Would recommend taking a look at Joel Campbell or Berardi both good young strikers

If you don't already know about him Andre Hahn from Monchengladbach is an awesome right winger to replace Lennon, £2.1Mil Buy out clause and easily worth £12-£15 Mil as soon as he signs, and he only wants 15-30K a week contract.

Shame about Walker as well, I would hang on to him until you can sell in Jan.

Some great business i think mate, Are you gonna have a look at the young striker from fulham? Woodrow?? I think

Great read this mate, looking forward to see who you bring in...All the best!!

Loving this, as somebody who always negotiates contracts down, even if its just saving 10 quid haha.

Haha, same here mate! Certainly need to do this in this save anyway ^^)

Keen to see who you get in!

Cheers mate, thanks for following :)

Brilliant story the new guy from MK Dons is a good start and £32 mil will easily replace most of these players gone. Would recommend taking a look at Joel Campbell or Berardi both good young strikers

Thanks for the advise mate, will have a look at both. I'm pleased with Dele Alli too :)

If you don't already know about him Andre Hahn from Monchengladbach is an awesome right winger to replace Lennon, £2.1Mil Buy out clause and easily worth £12-£15 Mil as soon as he signs, and he only wants 15-30K a week contract.
Shame about Walker as well, I would hang on to him until you can sell in Jan.

Will look at him mate, sounds an easy way to make some money if nothing else. I had him in FM14 and was pretty good :) Cheers! I really dont have a choice with Walker, hopefully he takes a pay cut when he comes back to fitness.

Some great business i think mate, Are you gonna have a look at the young striker from fulham? Woodrow?? I think

Yeah I've looked at him mate but they want about £14 million for him which doesnt really fit into the concept of the challenge. Decent shout though, thanks!

Great read this mate, looking forward to see who you bring in...All the best!!

Thanks for following mate!

Fulham youth, it's worth a look.

Fulhams youth is insanely good but very expensive! Thanks for following :)