Slowly but surely improving each year with the money earnt from the brief European runs :) good read so far

Just a quick update or two on how I'm getting on try to turn Andorran football into one of Europe's elites...

SEASON 2017/18

We won the league with relative ease again yet we still aren't the top ranked team in Andorra..:S

View attachment 318637

However, for the first time, we were really embarrassed in Europe taking a 12-1 hammering in the 2nd Round of the Champions League qualifiers.

View attachment 318638

The only positive was more finances for the club which resulted in a slight investment in training facilities.

However, the new batch of youngster were far from great with only Merino off any sort of quality.

View attachment 318636

SEASON 2018/19

A great European adventure this season!

We managed to get through to the 3rd Qualifying Round in the Champions League for the first time but couldn't see off Croatia's Dinamo.

So that put us into the Europa League Play Off were I felt anything was possible with a favourable draw....

...the draw....

FC BARCELONA!!!!!!

Oh dear!

First Leg

CASA BENFICA 1 V 9 BARCELONA

View attachment 318654

Second Leg

BARCELONA 9 V 0 CASA BENFICA

View attachment 318653

(Agg 18-1)

Well at least we managed to score! :p:D

View attachment 318655

We generated a fair bit of funds from this European run with our bank balance now over £1,000,000 for the first time.

I asked the board to invest in youth facilities but they refused, saying they couldn't afford it so the next youth upgrade must be expensive. Rather than invest in training facilities (which is cheaper) I will keep the money and ask again next year after another European run hopefully.

No point having good training pitches etc if the youth team products continue to be poor

Really good story, hope we get to hear more. Interesting to seehow far you can get. Already so much progress been made - good luck going further in Europe!

END OF SEASON REVIEW

2018/19

We dominated domestically winning the treble.

View attachment 328991

View attachment 328992

And in Europe we had our best run to date reaching the 3rd round of the Champions League qualifiers and facing Barcelona in the Europa League play off (we were hammered 18-1 lol)

View attachment 328993

Now what I'm only finding out is that the nationality of your manager increases the likelihood of youth players coming through of the same nationality.

With this in mind, I'm going to add a second manager in charge of Barcelona with Andorran nationality and hopefully this will improve the players available for the national team whilst my current manager W4NKER will continue in charge of Casa Benfica, steadily improving the domestic league.

We'll see how it goes...

Last edited:
Goals:

- Promotion from the Andorran Second Division (Achieved 2013)
- Win the First Division (Achieved 2015)
- Win the Andorran Cup (Achieved 2019)
- Win the Andorran Super Cup (Achieved 2015)
- Reach the Group Stages of the Europa League
- Win the Europa League
- Reach the Group Stages of the Champions League
- Win the Champions League
- Be appointed national team manager
- Qualify for European Championship
- Qualify for World Cup
- Win European Championship
- Win the World Cup

(I'll highlight each goal when/if its achieved)

Could also try and get a link between Man United and Casa Benfica.
Yea. I'm actually going to add the manager to Barcelona instead given Andorra and Spain share a border, language etc it might increase the quality of regens further

Europe 2019/20

Sadly we couldn't emulate last years epic run in Europe as we bowed out to a good Dinamo side in the second round of the CL qualifying.

View attachment 329022

Nevertheless another £400,000 was generated and the board finally approved investment in the youth facilities.

View attachment 329024

Elsewhere, we seen a massive increase in our club ranking in Europe as we rose to 258th in the world overtaking the likes of Aberdeen in UEFA coefficients.

View attachment 329023

The investment in youth facilities can't come soon enough as the youth players are far from world beaters. Our two best products from this years batch...

View attachment 329025View attachment 329026

Season 2019/20

Part One

Half way through the season we sit nicely at the top of the table and progressing in the Cup.

View attachment 330423

View attachment 330424

Garcia is undoubtedly our form player and the only player to feature regularly for the national team as well.

View attachment 330425

The national team manager was sacked after piling up a run of losses. I applied for the job but was unsuccessful which was somewhat surprising giving our domestic dominance in recent years.

Ah well, the youth facilities are currently being improved so I look forward to more promising youngsters in the future, which is key to this career

Season 2019/20

Part Two

CASA BENFICA MISS OUT ON A DOUBLE!!!

View attachment 330429

We won the league with ease and were unbeaten since October.....until the cup final!! Typical!

View attachment 330430

Nevertheless, more progress made. Some of the kids are developing well (by Andorran standards!) and the board has invested in improving the youth academy.

View attachment 330431

This is finished until August so it won't be next year until we might notice an increase in the quality of youth team players.

You've done brilliantly! Have you thought about investing in junior coaching as well?

You've done brilliantly! Have you thought about investing in junior coaching as well?
Yes the board have invested once or twice in it.

The latest youth upgrade cost £1.2m and and we only had £1.26m in the bank so financially we are back to square one

2020/21

EUROPE

Champions League Qual 1st Rnd 1st Leg

Casa Benfica 3 v 1 La Fiorita

2nd Leg

La Fiorita 1 v 5 Casa Benfica

(Agg 8-2)

Champions League Qual 2nd Rnd 1st Leg

Casa Benfica 4 v 1 Zeljeznicar

2nd Leg

Zeljeznicar 2 v 1 Casa Benfica

(Agg 5-3)

Champions League Qual 3rd Rnd 1st Leg

Dinamo Zagreb 4 v 1 Casa Benfica

2nd Leg

Casa Benfica 1 v 1 Dinamo Zagreb

(Agg 2-5)

Europa League Playoff 1st Leg

Casa Benfica 2 v 2 IBV

2nd Leg

IBV 2 v 4 Casa Benfica (aet)

(Agg 6-4)

MINNOWS QUALIFY FOR EUROPA LEAGUE!!!

SENSATIONAL!!! The run to the 3rd round of the CL was fantastic in its own right where we got knocked out (again!) by Dinamo Zagreb - thats played 6 lost 5 drew 1 against them now.

However, with the luck of the draw, we faced Iceland's IBV - one of the weaker teams in the competition and we managed to pull off a sensational extra time win to book Andorra's first ever place in European footballs group stages.

View attachment 330525

THE DRAW

CASA BENFICA
Fiorentina
Hamburg
Bursaspor

Brilliant! That group stage money tends to kick start everything in minnow countries.

Brilliant! That group stage money tends to kick start everything in minnow countries.
Got £1.4m straightaway. Will wait till after the group games to see what the balance is before I go back to the board with another request