Ronaldo or Messi?

Ronaldo or Messi?

• Ronaldo

Votes: 235 28.1%
  • Messi

Votes: 600 71.9%

• Total voters
Ronaldo is probably a better individual player who could achieve things all on his own - and in a worse team, a lot more easily than Messi (due to also having a better physique). Messi can be considered as the better team player, relying on great supply and quick one twos between other talented team mates, who are also excellent at spotting his off the ball movements.

Overall, I'd say they are very close, despite being very different players. I'd rather have Messi in my team, so I picked him in the vote.

And on that game. he is what BB had to say about it

"Lionel Messi, skippering his side in the absence of the rested Javier Mascherano, had a frustrating evening as he received close attention from his opponents but he almost struck a second after a jinking run ended with a thunderous strike that crashed against the post."

hardly sounds a world beaters performance

You would get a load of Media hyped up Nonsense, I thought better of you then to listen to pundits/ newspapers and talk shows

Not that you're a hypocrite or anything...

Not that you're a hypocrite or anything...

I nevr watched the game, so did some research into it... It seems you likely did the same on the 09 final.. Hence why Everyone is likely to say Messi played well it that game.. As anything other then first hand viewing is pointless.

I nevr watched the game, so did some research into it... It seems you likely did the same on the 09 final.. Hence why Everyone is likely to say Messi played well it that game.. As anything other then first hand viewing is pointless.

Right, so with one hand you say we can't listen to the media, and with the other you take a bad rating of Messi's performance by that same media at face value and believe it straight off.

And then, of course, you round it off by defeating your own argument by saying that anything other than first hand viewing is pointless, therefore declaring the prior statement you made to be null and void.

:)

overall i think its personal opinion, everyone has different point of view, no need to argue.

Right, so with one hand you say we can't listen to the media, and with the other you take a bad rating of Messi's performance by that same media at face value and believe it straight off.

And then, of course, you round it off by defeating your own argument by saying that anything other than first hand viewing is pointless, therefore declaring the prior statement you made to be null and void.

:)

I never once said i believed what the article said, It was just someones opinion on the game, as i did not see it.. It was there to prove how wrong the media can be....

IMO Ronaldo is better. Ronaldo make the team he plays with whereas messi isn't half the player when not playing with Xabi/Inesta I.e. When playing with argentina

Scott, quite clear Messi was great against us in the night. I was at the match and everyone around me knew how great Messi played.

Think what Jack has said has summed up who is better now.
Messi

2007-09 Apps: 40 Goals: 16 Assists: 13
2008–09 Apps: 51 Goals: 38 Assists: 18
2009-10 Apps: 53 Goals: 47 Assists: 11
2010 -11 (current) Apps: 36 Goals: 41 Assists: 20

Ronaldo

2007- 08 Apps: 49 Goals: 42 Assists: 8
2008–09 Apps: 53 Goals: 26 Assists: 9
2009-10 Apps: 35 Goals: 33 Assists: 7
2010-11 (current) Apps: 37 Goals: 34 Assists: 7

When Ronaldo was playing for United with Rooney and Tevez many claimed that was the best team in the world, Messi is outplaying him from that time. Didn't hear anyone in the world claim Ronaldo wasn't the best player.

When Ronaldo was playing for United with Rooney and Tevez many claimed that was the best team in the world, Messi is outplaying him from that time. Didn't hear anyone in the world claim Ronaldo wasn't the best player.

i heard pleny say other wise. Apparently Kaka was better then him, then Messi. Why do you think Crissy only won. one world player of the year.

Crouch has better goal scoring record than both Ronaldo and Messi for National side. And also better than Torres ;)

Messi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(h)

he is just the best and ronaldo is a cheat!

In 2006-07, Ronaldo was the best player, still he was in third position behind Kaka and Messi.

To add insult to the injury, Messi was injured half of the time.

Messi is everyone's love child as Ronaldo looks very arrogant on pitch, whereas Messi is very humble according to many..

In your opinion.

Yes, and the opinion of 3/4 of the site..

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Pele scored in 3 world cups... And won 3, has messi.. Thought not. Dont even try to compare Pele and this kid.

Brazil's 60's and 70's sides > Argentina's current national team.

Yes, and the opinion of 3/4 of the site..

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Brazil's 60's and 70's sides > Argentina's current national team.

Just because everyone thinks it, doesnt mean the minority is wrong.

Barcelona today > Santos of the60s + 70s..... whats your point.

Prefer Ronaldo, but they're both world class. Who is quicker?

Ronaldo has more pace, Messi has more acceleration.

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Just because everyone thinks it, doesnt mean the minority is wrong.

Barcelona today > Santos of the60s + 70s..... whats your point.

Well, when it is only really United and Portugal fans voting Ronaldo, it looks to me like near enough every neutral is voting Messi.

My point was exactly that. Pele won things in a superior national team wheras Messi is winning things in a superior club team.

Well, when it is only really United and Portugal fans voting Ronaldo, it looks to me like near enough every neutral is voting Messi.

My point was exactly that. Pele won things in a superior national team wheras Messi is winning things in a superior club team.

Everyone else is wrong then in my opinion, this thread asked for my opinion, it got it.....

Yet Pele also won things in a club side, which you wouldnt put down as the best in brazil at the time..........

Yet Pele also won things in a club side, which you wouldnt put down as the best in brazil at the time..........

Santos

How could there have possibly been a better side in Brazil at the time?