Can you read? I was just making a comparison because he also plays a supportive role.

Im done arguing with you.
Id play both of them in attack. Play Berbatov as a complete forward r deeplying foward on support duty rand Rooney as a Poacher or deep lying forward attack

your words.

and i said he doesnt have the work rate to play. which he doesnt. you're wrong

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

I'm playing Rooney as a Defensive Forward, he scored a hat-trick vs. Boro in a 5-1 win, and I just got **** on by Spurs :(

Berbatov has had good ratings, but is yet to score in this new formation/role.

Any advice on how to stop Vidic getting yellow cards, and how to make my defence solid. I consistently concede atleast 1 goal a game and I dunno why.

My back line (on a good day) is:

Evra Vidic Ferdinand Rafael

I have bought in Renan and Subotic for the future.
vidic central defender/cover, ball playing defend. i use zonal marking, with more pressing

what are the roles of the central mids?

Last edited:
Dude are you confused?

I didnt dispute your comment about him not having the work rate but he has the creativity and teamwork to play in Rooney which is what Eckso is looking for, hence the title 'Rooney plaing off Berbatov'. I said that Eckso should play him in a supportive role and thats why i compared him to Riquelme who also plays a supportive role but still plays people in regardless of his workrate.

Eckso try and play Vidic as a cd-stopper and Rio as a cb-cover.

Dude are you confused?

I didnt dispute your comment about him not having the work rate but he has the creativity and teamwork to play in Rooney which is what Eckso is looking for, hence the title 'Rooney plaing off Berbatov'. I said that Eckso should play him in a supportive role and thats why i compared him to Riquelme who also plays a supportive role but still plays people in regardless of his workrate.

Eckso try and play Vidic as a cd-stopper and Rio as a cb-cover.
no you are confused. having the creativity and the teawmork is all well and good. but you must have the work rate to play that role well. the complete forward support works a lot harder in closing down and running in between attack and midfield. he also works very hard in defence closing down from the top. hence why you need the work rate, he runs as far as any central mid, about 12k in a game.

the trequatistas sole job is to float about in space, he does very little hard running, and he offers you nothing in defence, he does no closing down, hence lower workrate

berbatov cant do the first but he can do the second

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

I meant Berbatov he always does bad when he plays that role
yea agreed.

OMG! Complete forwards dont do anything in defence. The sit between midfield and attack and hold up the ball and play other players in as well as attacking the box from deep.

OMG! Complete forwards dont do anything in defence. The sit between midfield and attack and hold up the ball and play other players in as well as attacking the box from deep.
wrong, complete forwards defend from the front by closing down the oppositions defenders, they actually track back a lot. trequartistas dont

Man United 5 - 2 Man City.

Berbatov hat-trick.

I'ma happy

Zonal marking, press more. Using a Cover & Stopper at center back.

Zonal marking, press more. Using a Cover & Stopper at center back.
ok, man marking can leave you exploited against formations that are different your own just so you know, in case you start to have trouble with it

I meant Zonal marking ;) typo.

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Rooney got slammed by some Greek ******.
Broken leg, out for 5 months.

I'm ******.

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

I'm ******.
lol, choice of all top teams.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

I'm ******.
how much money do you have?

Like £70m.

I have Anelka, Owen and Macheda ready to replace Rooney. So, who should it be and what role should they have?

I got Anelka for £2.3m, Chelsea offered him to me :/

what did you choose to play berbatov as?

Complete Forward, but to be honest, I am willing to change it because he hasn't be magical playing like that.

Complete Forward, but to be honest, I am willing to change it because he hasn't be magical playing like that.
hmm, cant remember anelka's teamwork and work rate off the top of my head, but i'd play him complete forward support, and berbs trequarista. if berbs drifts too much for your liking, change his wideplay to normal

i'd also look at bringing in aguero (26m up front, 26m over 4 years) long term (imo the player most similar to rooney,) and ivan kramaric,(wonderkid, plays like rooney and aguero)

Kramaric looks like someone who has potential.

Currently on 15th November 2010, hopefully I can make it through the Christmas period without all my players dying. I'm doing **** in the league too, not a good season so far.

How does Arguero fair up strength-wise in the Premier League?

Kramaric looks like someone who has potential.

Currently on 15th November 2010, hopefully I can make it through the Christmas period without all my players dying. I'm doing **** in the league too, not a good season so far.

How does Arguero fair up strength-wise in the Premier League?
one of the best players i have ever signed, absolutely immense

My team currently cannot score. Man Utd lack the midfield goalscorers that teams like Chelsea and Liverpool have. Any way to sort that?

My team currently cannot score. Man Utd lack the midfield goalscorers that teams like Chelsea and Liverpool have. Any way to sort that?
gourcuff, from bordeaux

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

put some screenshots up of your tactic, player instructiions, team instructions, team screenshot