Does he have the power required to be someone like Gerrard, Lampard, Essien?

Whenever I try to screenshot FM2010 it does work, it just caps a picture of Firefox, lol.

1: go to c/documents/sports interactive/fm2010 and create a folder called screenshots

2 in game, press alt+F9 to take the screenshot

2sazgns.png

2vladnc.png

2r4k511.png

I have a little issue that I want to sort out, I might as well put it in here rather than make my own thread but I play 4-2-3-1, back 4 is relatively good, I don't have any real issues. The 2 CM's I play as box-to-box and I have Park and Fletcher playing those roles and both doing a very nice job especially Park. My main concern is the front 4 and how to get the best out of them.

My first choice of front 4 are AML Jovetic, AMC Gourcuff, AMR Valencia/ Alexis Sanchez, ST Rooney.

The wingers are Inside Forwards- Attack, Gourcuff is Advanced Playmaker- Attack with ability to roam and Rooney as a poacher.
While I'm getting goals the only person with a decent average is Gourcuff. My philosophy is Rigid with my strategy being Control for almost all games. Any ideas on how to get the best out of these, thanks in advance.

How well has your team blended? Whenever I play FM games, I never make more that 2-3 first team signings per season. Whenever I tried to sign a pack of beastly attackers, none of them scored and they all played ****.

Madsheep whenever i see your name come up on a thread you seem to be arguing with someone

jamie and eckso. if you're gonna play rigid with, in my experience you need to play with extra creative freedom.

jamie: rooney should complete forward attack, but wideplay set to normal, not moves into channels

box to box is a fairly selfish role, so while they might do well, they may no feed the front 4 as much. cehck in you analysis on how many passes they make, and to where.

try fletcher central mid/defend and park/someone else deep playing player/support.

i actually play jovetic as an advanced playmaker/attack

and you might want to set the amr to support

but dont try all of them at once. do it gradually so you work out if there is an improvement except for rooney who should definitely be changed (also change his crossing rate from often to mixed)

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

How well has your team blended? Whenever I play FM games, I never make more that 2-3 first team signings per season. Whenever I tried to sign a pack of beastly attackers, none of them scored and they all played ****.
you don really wanna play control, with counter attack

put the support role behind berbatov and the defensiev role behind anelka

untick the width, use the play wider and play narower shouts to dictate your width,

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

personally ive found 4-2-3-1's a ***** to get right

jamie and eckso. if you're gonna play rigid with, in my experience you need to play with extra creative freedom.

jamie: rooney should complete forward attack, but wideplay set to normal, not moves into channels

box to box is a fairly selfish role, so while they might do well, they may no feed the front 4 as much. cehck in you analysis on how many passes they make, and to where.

try fletcher central mid/defend and park/someone else deep playing player/support.

i actually play jovetic as an advanced playmaker/attack

and you might want to set the amr to support

but dont try all of them at once. do it gradually so you work out if there is an improvement except for rooney who should definitely be changed (also change his crossing rate from often to mixed)
Both players make between 40-50/55 passes, all in and around the centre circle and both seem to provide support for the front 4, Park I think has 4 assists and Fletcher has 2. I'll give those changes a try and see how it goes :). I play rigid but I have creative freedom set as more expressive, so I guess I'm doing something right

Both players make between 40-50/55 passes, all in and around the centre circle and both seem to provide support for the front 4, Park I think has 4 assists and Fletcher has 2. I'll give those changes a try and see how it goes :). I play rigid but I have creative freedom set as more expressive, so I guess I'm doing something right
in that case dont change them the centre mids just yet. start the change with jovetic first, as he cuts across, he will find sanchez cutting in with the through ball

in that case dont change them the centre mids just yet. start the change with jovetic first, as he cuts across, he will find sanchez cutting in with the through ball
Cheers, sounds very good but Gourcuff is now out for 6 weeks with a fractured wrist, I think I will put Jovetic in place of Gourcuff, switch Sanchez to the left and bring in Valencia on the right, does that sound ok??

Cheers, sounds very good but Gourcuff is now out for 6 weeks with a fractured wrist, I think I will put Jovetic in place of Gourcuff, switch Sanchez to the left and bring in Valencia on the right, does that sound ok??
yeah sounds about right

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

eckso, if you wanna play 4-2-4, try it under a fluid mentality, so they attack more of a unit

Last edited:
Gourcuff = Fantastic.

Managed to salvage my season and win the FA Cup and Champions League, get the **** in.