Stonecold & Klippybo's Ultimate Champions League Challenge

I loaded up everything - planning on deleting leagues as I conquer them............
Same with me, I'm starting with Barca and then going to Real Madrid (If possible) so I can get Spain done first, unless Real Madrid don't get their manager sacked!

i will take on this challenge as i already have a save with forest and i am comfortably in the premier league after 5 seasons

I'm doing pretty terrible on an Ajax save 4 seasons in still haven't won the CL.

Still that would be some pretty decent points! and then I could wait for the PSV job to come up or move to England as theres a decent amount of teams to get through. I may be entering this. :) (EDIT: Yeah, by 'PSV' I obviously mean 'Feyenoord', I'm such an idiot)

Also was definitely going to do a Red Star save anyway so this could work out well

Quick Question: Should we use our own tactics or not? I was using my own but was about to switch to one I just downloaded but now it feels kinda like cheating.

Edit: I decided to go back to a simple tactic I created as I didn't feel right using anyone elses in a challenge. Just about to start in the Group Stages!

Another edit: Going to try and finish this season later,

current progress..
View attachment 296895

Just got through lol got my tactic settled and look a lot better now (final 2 group games).

Last edited:
that has to be one of the toughest groups i have ever seen on fm

I know! heres City:

View attachment 297007

and their Newgen:

View attachment 297008

I didn't even realise they had Neymar till I played them the first time!

UPDATE: Well, got to the Semi's and lost out to a pretty rubbish United team (I say that as a fan) only Rooney, De Gea and Yarmolenko had any quality at all and they still beat us :mad:

3 terrible goals in the second leg tbh I'm frustrated with the whole season 1 problem was holidaying some of the Eredivisie games left morale pretty low, I guess I'll have to leave team talks to the Assistant if I want to get through a season without failing miserably. Still, my team are young (I'd guess average age would be about 22-23 and they've been playing together for years, I've still got most of the important Ajax players like Fischer, Anderson and Eriksen but in my eyes they've never really performed in the big games, if anyone puts a bid in I'm going to have to consider it.

So I guess it at least 1 more season in Amsterdam..

CL Season Fixtures..
View attachment 297069

Koya.. he wasn't a load of carp! and a player who never let me down once..
View attachment 297071View attachment 297072

Still not sure how I lost with these 2 in the team.

Last edited:
I know! heres City:

View attachment 297007

and their Newgen:

View attachment 297008

I didn't even realise they had Neymar till I played them the first time!

UPDATE: Well, got to the Semi's and lost out to a pretty rubbish United team (I say that as a fan) only Rooney, De Gea and Yarmolenko had any quality at all and they still beat us :mad:

3 terrible goals in the second leg tbh I'm frustrated with the whole season 1 problem was holidaying some of the Eredivisie games left morale pretty low, I guess I'll have to leave team talks to the Assistant if I want to get through a season without failing miserably. Still, my team are young (I'd guess average age would be about 22-23 and they've been playing together for years, I've still got most of the important Ajax players like Fischer, Anderson and Eriksen but in my eyes they've never really performed in the big games, if anyone puts a bid in I'm going to have to consider it.

So I guess it at least 1 more season in Amsterdam..

CL Season Fixtures..
View attachment 297069

Koya.. he wasn't a load of carp! and a player who never let me down once..
View attachment 297071View attachment 297072

Still not sure how I lost with these 2 in the team.

Unlucky mate - am I right to assume that you get decent regens in every year?

Unlucky mate - am I right to assume that you get decent regens in every year?

Yeah, got 2 Youth team regens (and 2 Youth team regens as back up) in my first team to add to the signings I take the time adding to the squad slowly.

I signed Koya (now sold as United came in and I wanted to give my Youth Team regen (van Gerven) a consistent run in the team and didn't want an unhappy player at the club) from Copenhagen for 6 Mil and Diaz came from Athletic's youth.

I try to send out every decent prospect (signed or brought through) who doesn't get game time out on loan (with monthly fee's if they're good enough) to create a sustainable club (financially and in terms of quality players).

My GK is a regen who came through the system called Janssen (still not sure if hes really good enough, but has better stats than Vermeer).

I kept all the Ajax players at the start and made sure I didn't sell any before they hit 22 so that I could see if they were CL quality or not.

Just a quick hypothetical question... if someone like Barca get to the final of the champions league, but perform horrible in the league and the manager gets sacked, and you take over in time for the final and win it... does this count as a CL win?

Going to start this tonight as Steaua Bucharesti, keep an eye out for the story folks. Looks like an awesome challenge!

I'm 5 seasons in with forest mid-table in the prem but can't see how i can push my team on into europe in the near future need some major money or to fluke a few games and win a cup

lol this seasons CL has gone wrong! I'm finding this save really difficult, went out first knockout round to PSG on away goals. :(

Next season I'm going on the attack! defensive football should be for when I'm winning!

I made a couple of big signings this season and signed an actual real life player in Son Heung-Min which is a rarity for me! I'm not gonna give up on this challenge but to be honest I'll be glad to get the **** out Amsterdam when I actually do win the CL! its really frustrating to constantly fail lol! Still not going to give up though.

Anyway, I guess this is my latest UPDATE! not a great one but I kinda want to finish off my Eredivisie games and start a new season.

Hope everyone else's challenges are going well.

lol this seasons CL has gone wrong! I'm finding this save really difficult, went out first knockout round to PSG on away goals. :(

Next season I'm going on the attack! defensive football should be for when I'm winning!

I made a couple of big signings this season and signed an actual real life player in Son Heung-Min which is a rarity for me! I'm not gonna give up on this challenge but to be honest I'll be glad to get the **** out Amsterdam when I actually do win the CL! its really frustrating to constantly fail lol! Still not going to give up though.

Anyway, I guess this is my latest UPDATE! not a great one but I kinda want to finish off my Eredivisie games and start a new season.

Hope everyone else's challenges are going well.

Unlucky mate. Keep trying!

i am in league cup semi final with forest :D that run of games in a cup has come true :) hope i can win the league cup and therefore get into europe which should help me to sign a couple of decent players to push for champs league!!

Unlucky mate. Keep trying!

Thanks man, as a quick note since trying this challenge (2 seasons) I've lost to the eventual winners 2 times and the season before I started the challenge I lost to United in the First KO round and they got the first of 2 CL in a row that year. So for the last 3 years I've got knocked out by Europes best

Can't work out if that's a positive or not!

This looks a great challenge but I'm not sure I have the time to have a real go at it. I'm in my second season as Dortmund and just knocked Barcelona out at the first knockout stage, but I don't feel that we're playing well enough to go all the way. Might give it a go if I can invest enough time into it!

I started a real madrid save at the start of fm 13 and won the champo league. so i will try and do this challenge. Here are some screenshots.. i don't know how many points this would be??

Back