AndySams10

Reaction score
View attachment 195376
View attachment 195375
From when I was a young boy, to the present day, I've supported Tottenham Hotspur and have held a season ticket for the past ten years with my dad and brother. Despite not being able to witness any major success so far, winning the Worthington Cup, Carling Cup and qualifying for the Champions League to name the few I have, I've been lucky enough to see some top class players grace the pitch at White Hart Lane. Jurgen Klinsmann, Gareth Bale, Luka Modric, Dimitar Berbatov and many more have come and gone during the topsy turvy life of a Spurs fan. But one player in particular was my favourite and someone who I idolised during his time in North London. That person was Teddy Sheringham. He wasn't the quickest, but his intelligence on the pitch, an eye for a pass, the ability to score some fantastic goals and the leadership skills he showed, always got me thinking he had the attributes to be a manager.

Since retiring Teddy took up a role as attacking coach at West Ham, while gaining some of his coaching badges. Then out of the blue in July 2015, he was offered the manager's job at Stevenage. " If you had mentioned management 14 months ago, I would've said it wasn't happening. But I had the urge to get back in and felt the Stevenage job was right for me. I just love being involved in the football scene, the banter, the whole thing.
" He said when interviewed about taking his first step into management.

This story will follow Teddy's managerial adventure, starting at Stevenage, to see if he can become one of the great managers. And having worked under some of the best in business, Sir Alex Ferguson, Terry Venables and Brian Clough, it should put him in good stead to have a good career in the dugout.

At Christmas I received a MacBook Pro from Santa and with my laptop being on it's last legs, I tried transferring my old save over to my new computer. Unfortunately, whatever tips I followed, I couldn't get the save to work. So I'm re-starting and will be aiming to do just as well as I was in the previous save. I hope the people that followed my last save will continue with this one, as it's a save I'm really enjoying and the
comments/likes help keep the motivation going. :)

EDIT: A big thank you to xJamieWiliams and PaperClipFMer, who's stories helped me decided to begin my own story following the footsteps of an ex-professional footballer. Finally, another big thank you to Th3King, who very kindly designed my header.

View attachment 195242
STEVENAGE APPOINT SHERINGHAM:

View attachment 195241
I'm very excited to be given this opportunity at Stevenage and am very grateful to Chairman Phil Wallace for putting his faith in me. I understand it's a massive risk for him and hopefully it'll pay off. It's a fantastic place to come an learn my trade at a club with superb facilities and pitches.
Some may ask why I didn't look for a club at a higher level and that's something I thought about, but if I don't get it right here, then who'll have a look at me, at say a League One or Championship side, so after speaking to the Chairman I feel it's the right place to start.

The aim will be to try and go one better than last season. I know it'll be a huge challenge, but one this club should be aiming for. There is a good group here and that showed in their run to the playoffs last season, so most have experienced the pressure of what it will take to repeat that this year. Hopefully with a couple more additions to the squad, we can give the fans something to get excited about this campaign and I can't wait to get started.

View attachment 195225
FIRST SIGNING:

View attachment 195222
After assessing the squad I inherited from Graham Westley, the area that needed immediate attention was the attacking midfield position. Our highly rated youngster Ben Thompson is still out for three months, so I spoke to Graham, who's now at Peterborough and he suggested we could bring in Erhun Oztumer on a three month loan deal.

Nicknamed the little Messi, by fans at his previous club, Erhun will bring some much needed quality to our attacking third and is a signing I'm sure will excite our fans, especially if he can replicate his goal scoring form that earned him his move from Dulwich Hamlet.

View attachment 195163
View attachment 195162
Quite a coup for us with the arrival of former PSG youngster Alexis Sainmirat. Though he never made the break through with the French giants or with previous club Stade Brestois, I saw enough from the videos that were sent to me to see the lad has potential.
With some hard work on the training pitch and some of my experience, hopefully what many see as a gamble, will pay off over his two year contract.

View attachment 195146
PRE-SEASON:

View attachment 195144
My first pre-season went well. It allowed me to assess all the players at the club from the first team squad down to our U18s. We have a few talented youngsters within the ranks and myself and my management team have allowed a couple to go out on loan to gain some valuable experience. Overall I'm pleased with the first team squad, there's enough competition to keep the players on their toes. That said, I'm close to bringing in a couple more players on loan so we have cover in every position.

View attachment 195140
One of the two deals that I was working on, was the loan signing of Reading's central defender Pierce Sweeney. He will partner Dean Wells at the heart of our defence and will gain the experience his parent club are looking for at this stage of his development.

View attachment 195083
View attachment 195082
View attachment 195081
We didn't get off to the best starts today, as we conceded in the opening couple of minutes. Credit to the lads, as once we did go behind, we re-grouped and settled back
into the game and began to dominate. It wasn't until the closing stages that we managed to get the equaliser our play deserved. Debutant Alexis Sainrimat scored his first goal for us, with a well timed finish from close range.

Unlucky on the first league game! Although a draw is something to build upon!

What kind of budget have you got to work with?

View attachment 195078
View attachment 195077
View attachment 195074
I couldn't vent my frustrations to the lads, as we dominated possession against our Championship opponents, but we must learn that when we play higher opposition we must defend so much better and not allow them easy chances. Though I haven't shown my disappointment in public, I won't be afraid too if we don't learn. Despite being knocked out, I saw lots of positives from us today and will look to build on this in our next game.

One huge disappointment was the injury picked up to Erhun Oztumer, who broke his leg. After being assessed by the club doctors, we've sent him back to Peterborough to begin his recovery and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Unlucky on the first league game! Although a draw is something to build upon!

What kind of budget have you got to work with?

Cheers mate. I haven't got a budget to spend, though have 10k of wages available to use on some loan players. :)

View attachment 195055
View attachment 195054
View attachment 195053
A disappointing loss to a side that are tipped by many to be competing with us for a play off place. Again, we were left to rue chances missed and a couple of defensive errors that led to the hosts going two nil up. We showed some good character to pull a goal back from Chris Whelpdale, but it was too late for us to find any way back in the game and we slumped to a frustrating defeat.

View attachment 195050
View attachment 195049
View attachment 195048
I expected a response from the lads and they certainly gave me that. They showed the fans glimpses of what we are capable of, when we start on the front foot and don't let the opposition settle. Full back and captain Ronnie Henry was in fine form, as he had a hand in all three of our goals. David McAllister grabbed his first goal of the season with a fine header, as he looks to take advantage of the gap filled by the loss of Erhun Oztumer.

View attachment 195047
UNITED STARLET JOINS:

View attachment 195046
I was finding it tough to bring in a quality replacement for the injured Erhun Oztumer. But following a phone call with my old team mate Ryan Giggs, who was calling to congratulate me on my appointment, he mentioned that Louis Van Gaal and the youth management at United were looking to loan winger Demetri Mitchell. They feel he needs more competitive football to help with his progression and United scouts have been impressed with what we are building here and agreed to loan us Demetri for the remainder of the season.

View attachment 195044
View attachment 195043
View attachment 195042
It's vital we become a consistent side, if we are to be in the shake up at the end of the season. Performances like today, on the back of last weeks outing, will only keep confidence high throughout the club. Speaking of top class performances, Demetri Mitchell showed just why he's thought of so highly at Old Trafford, as he bagged a hat-trick on his first start. It could've been more, had Chris Whelpdale not missed from the spot, but full credit to the lads for an impressive second half display.

TABLE:

View attachment 195041
Leyton Orient sit in pole position with five wins from five and one of those were against us, despite us controlling the game. I'm happy to be sitting in the play off places, there's a lot of football to be played and it'll be down to myself and my coaching team, to ensure we stay focused and keep performing how we have in the past couple of games.

What a debut for Demetri Mitchell! Looks a cracking signing!

Nice start to your managerial career as well, keep it up.

What a debut for Demetri Mitchell! Looks a cracking signing!

Nice start to your managerial career as well, keep it up.

Thanks mate, appreciate the comment. Yeah he's unreal, can't believe I managed to get him on loan. :)

Top start mate! Promotion could be on the cards the way you are going!

View attachment 194969
View attachment 194967
View attachment 194966
We clinch our fourth straight win, with a comfortable win over York. The big disappointment was Dean Wells picking up a red card for a second bookable offence in the closing stages. I've spoken to Wellsey about his discipline, as I expect more from such an experienced player.
Chris Whelpdale scored the goal of the game, finishing from close range following a superb team move and ensured the game was won.