View attachment 194959
View attachment 194958
View attachment 194957
A pleasing derby win tonight and gave me one over Barnet boss Martin Allen. For some reason he's decided to have a pop at us and feels we are over achieving. Well when the final whistle went, I made sure I shook his hand and smiled. One player stood out for me today and that was Dean Parrett. His performances of late, have been nothing short of superb and he's really showing why he's so crucial to how we play.

View attachment 194955
View attachment 194954
View attachment 194952
I said a couple weeks ago, that I didn't want us to be a soft touch once we take the lead. Today we did exactly that, we lead three times in the game and found ourselves pegged back each time due to lapses in concentration. We must make sure we are switched on for every minute, as these silly errors are undoing all our recent hard work.

View attachment 194947
View attachment 194945
View attachment 194944
Simply brilliant! When I ask the lads for a response, they seem to deliver on point. We blew Mansfield away with a breath taking first 45 minutes, which saw us go into the break with a four goal cushion. The attacking play that we are producing has been so effective and pleasing on the eye. Chris Whelpdale, Alexis Sainrimat and Demetri Mitchell all got on the scoresheet as we end the month seven games unbeaten.

View attachment 194943
TABLE:

View attachment 194942
Our recent fine run of form has seen us jump up to second place and in the promotion places. I won't be paying too much attention to the current standings, as there is so much football ahead and I know anything can happen in this sport.

AWARDS:

View attachment 194937
I think shows just how well we have been performing of late. Demetri has been in superb form and has four assists to accompany his four goals. Both Dean and Chris deserve to be included in the top three, as they have played a huge part in our rise up the league.

View attachment 194936
Another award, this time Alexis Sainrimat has picked up the young player of the month award. He's lead the line superbly since joining us and this just goes to show, that when you work hard in training, the rewards come along on the pitch.

View attachment 194934
Of course it's always nice to be recognised for how well you are doing and I received awards for my individual performances as a player. But now it's different, I just watch from the side rather than being in the battle out on the pitch. So this award will be shared amongst the squad for all their hard work they've put in during the month and performances they have produced.

View attachment 194586
View attachment 194585
View attachment 194584
A lucky escape this evening against higher opposition in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy. We were cruising with only twenty minutes left, after goals from Sainrimat, Lee and Whelpdale put us firmly in control. But we let complacency creep in and nearly threw away our lead. Perhaps we looked a little disjointed after I made three changes, but still, I expect certain levels to be shown and a few players were well below that at a crucial part of the game.

View attachment 194577
View attachment 194575
View attachment 194574
Our unbeaten run very nearly came to an end today. Credit to Exeter they had a game plan and it worked for large periods. We couldn't find any rhythm to our play, while we struggled to create any chances to score. Luckily, with time running out leading scorer Sainrimat pounced on a loose ball in the area to salvage a point.

View attachment 194572
SPECULATION:

View attachment 194571
There's been a lot of rumours in the press lately linking me with the vacant Nottingham Forest job. I have some fond memories of my time at the City Ground and it's nice to hear your name being mentioned with bigger clubs, but at this precise moment I've had no contact with anyone from Nottingham Forest.
It's disappointing it didn't work out for Dougie Freedman and equally sad that they are struggling near the foot of the Championship, but I have a job to focus on here at Stevenage currently and my attention is firmly on our game against Wycombe this weekend.

View attachment 194567
View attachment 194565
View attachment 194563
Ouch!! This defeat hurt. Maybe the speculation of late crept into the players minds, with the uncertainty surrounding my future, as this was a dreadful performance. The loss also ended our fine unbeaten run and perhaps showed how much we miss Dean Wells, who was absent through suspension. The only positive was a good display by our new loan signing Giorgio Rasulo, who's joined from MK Dons for a month.

View attachment 194556
INJURY NEWS:

View attachment 194555
Before our game against Portsmouth this evening, we were dealt a huge blow with news that in form wide attacker, Chris Whelpdale is suffering from a double hernia. This is a massive loss for us, as Whelps has been in brilliant form of late and I'm sure we'll miss him.

View attachment 194553
View attachment 194551
It's a hard one to take today. We had the chance to bounce back from our home defeat, but we seem to be going through a minor blip. Again, we were nowhere near the form we produced over the past couple of months.
I knew our recent form wouldn't last forever and there's a dressing room full of disappointed players in there. I need to make sure I pick each and everyone of their heads and look to instil the confidence that was evident a few weeks ago and put the smile back on their faces at training this week.

View attachment 194547
View attachment 194546
View attachment 194545
​This was great game for the neutrals, but one I'd rather forget. I was hoping after a good win last weekend, that we'd kick on and put another run together to close the gap on the leaders. But after going into the lead shortly into the second half, we allowed the hosts to equalise following another mistake.

TABLE:

View attachment 194544
A month that showed every side of football. At the start I really thought we'd end up having a month similar to the previous one, where we'd look to secure top spot heading into December. How wrong I was though, as the last couple weeks have been very tough to take to say the least.
I can't say I'm too surprised though, as I knew in management that there would be good and bad times, lots of ups and downs as well. Hopefully I've learned from our last few games and I'll improve on certain aspects to make sure I experience more positives over the coming months.

Not far off first! Lets push on for top spot soon into January! :D

Mitchell and Sainrimat are doing great for you.
Any chance of a sreenshot of these 2 players?

Not far off first! Lets push on for top spot soon into January! :D

Mitchell and Sainrimat are doing great for you.
Any chance of a sreenshot of these 2 players?

Thanks mate, yeah doing ok at the moment, disappointed by the losses to Wycombe and Pompey, but still in the shake up.

Of course, will be planing on doing a piece where they'll be shown. (H)

View attachment 1004790
View attachment 194389
Jake: " Hello and welcome to a special football focus. I'm Jake Humphrey and today we are in the company of Stevenage boss Teddy Sheringham.
Teddy, firstly thank you for allowing us to come to the training ground and giving us the opportunity to speak to you. How has the first five months of managing your first team been? "

ME:
" No worries. Yeah it's been fun, more enjoyable than I'd thought to be honest. I missed the day to day involvement you get as a player, though it's in the dugout now, I'm pleased this opportunity came about. "

Jake: " To be fair to you and the team, you've been playing very well of late and are in a good position in League Two. "

ME: " I'm sure that's the reason I've been enjoying it so far. We did have an indifferent month in October, but overall the lads have been superb. I spoke to Sir Alex when we had those back to back losses and he just told me to stick to my beliefs and enjoy every positive, as there will be negatives I experience during my time as a manager. When someone like Sir Alex offers you advice, you'd be silly to not listen and take it on board. "

Jake: " You mentioned the form of the squad, but the two stand out players have to be Alexis Sainmirat and Demetri Mitchell who have been in superb form. "

ME: " I don't agree with singling individuals out, as the whole squad have been fantastic since I took over. Alexis has come in and it was a risk, but one that has paid off at the moment.

View attachment 194380
View attachment 194378
With Demetri, he wouldn't be here if young Erhun Oztumer hadn't suffered his horrific injury. It was just a phone call from Giggsy at United, he mentioned they had a lad who needed more experience and is very highly thought of there, but at this moment couldn't break into the first team squad. "

Jake: " With the great start you've made, as you know speculation in the media is part of the game and due to that, you were linked to the Forest job. Was that something that you were interested in? "

ME: ​" I was flattered to be mentioned, but I'm only in my first job and haven't been in it for that long either, so I'm still learning and it's a pleasure to do it here with Stevenage. As a player I wanted to be successful and that's no different now I'm a manager. If I was to move, it would need to be the right time and somewhere that I can still develop and learn, without big pressure. For the time being, I'm very happy here and am fully focused on gaining promotion. "

Jake: " Thank you Teddy and good luck for the remainder of the season. "

View attachment 193738
View attachment 193735
View attachment 193732
Today was my first taste of the FA Cup as a manager and the lads were phenomenal. Most notably Alexis Sainrimat impressed with his two goals and his link up with Demetri Mitchell is showing why they are the two in form forwards in the league at the moment. We are really beginning to dominate games in possession, as well as looking very difficult to break down without it.

View attachment 193706
View attachment 193705
View attachment 193703
We dominated the game from start to finish this evening, but failed to get the second goal, which I felt would've got us the win in normal time. It's always frustrating to concede when you are on top, but even worse with the last kick of the game. That said, credit to the lads as they kept their nerve when it mattered and sets up nicely for a semi final game against Millwall.

View attachment 193692
View attachment 193691
View attachment 193690
Another impressive win. Hot prospect Ben Kennedy grabbed his first goal in the league, since returning from injury and showed why we value him so highly. Dean Wells and another for Sainrimat sealed the win by half time.
We've been superb of late and seem to have put the wobbles, that we experienced towards the end of last month behind us.