The How to get my player a Work Permit thread

Raikan007

Reaction score
good day, this will hopefully assist in any questions you may have about WP issues and below are explanations on how to go about getting one as well as general information about it....

Quick and easy way to get a WP: (once player has signed without one)

1) Loan him out to your feeder club, if you do not have one, ask the board for one!
Belgium and Spain are the best countries to have as Feeder clubs (just remember, this is just for Work Permit's, nothing else)

2) during his loan period at the feeder club offer him new contracts at least once a month, this will initiate the WP process all over again, sometimes you get lucky while he is playing 1st team football at the Feeder club and his WP will be granted...

3) he will be granted one after the alloted time it takes to get a WP playing at the Feeder club (Belgium, Poland and Spain are the quickest, they are 3 years)

General rules on WP:

Players without this work permit are ineligible to play in the Premier League or for any other member of the Football League. The foreign player's club must apply for the work permit, or Governing Body Endorsement, on his behalf. To have the work permit approved, the club must prove the foreign player complies with all of the regulations set forth by The Football Association.

International Appearances

Any foreign player who seeks a work permit must have appeared in at least 75 percent of his national team's competitive A matches during the previous two years. A competitive A match includes the World Cup, World Cup qualifying and any other match played in the country's federation. If the player has not fulfilled this requirement for any reason, the club must provide written evidence documenting the player's injury history.

National Team Ranking

The player's national team must also be ranked in the top 70 in the official FIFA world soccer rankings. The Football Association averages the monthly FIFA rankings over a two-year period to assess whether the player meets this requirement. The national team ranking regulation ensures the prospective player comes from a strong international playing background.

League Membership

The club cannot apply for a work permit on the player's behalf unless it is a member club of the Premier League or the Football League. Work permits are only granted to players in these leagues, so his parent club must be a proper member to receive the work permit.

Length of Work Permit

When the club's initial application has been approved, the player is granted a valid work permit for a maximum of three years or the length of his contract, whichever is shorter. If the player's contract exceeds three years, the club may file extensions in two-year increments.

In relation to Fm:

The players with higher potential ability have more chance to obtain a work permit.

The most important criteria is playing competitive (not friendly) international matches. During the two years preceding the date of application, a player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive A team matches he was available for selection. If the player isn't selected for the international matches due to suspension or injury, this will be taken into consideration when applying the criteria.

(anonymous and Raikan007)

Just to add to this:
Don't forget that if you play a couple seasons, Croatia will join the EU and enable you to gain citizenship for your players in only 2 years instead of 3 (well, besides South Americans, who can already get that in Spain).

So playing as Chelsea i can just wait for Croatia to join the EU and wont need a WP for Matej Delac? Is this guaranteed to happen?
And how long will it take?

Tried renewing his contract but didnt get a WP atleast not at first try.

Can someone help me with this situation. I played with may English teams and wanted to sign players who couldnt get WP. So i got the advices to send them on loan to Belgium, Spain etc.. How can i send them on loan when i cant sign them?

you cant mate, you have to sign them first :)

if you can sign them without them being awarded a WP which happens quite often you have to loan them out....

Ok, i get it its just i never happened to me to sign a plyer without WP. I thought u cant do that. NVM u helped a lot ty

You have to have a feeder club for work permits first, then you can sign players without WP and send em on loan for couple years.

Quick questions for you:

1. For Belgium, it says that the days have to be consecutive. What will happen when the loan expires? Do I have to loan them out that day? Basically will I lose the months they've already been in Belgium?

2. You mention offering new contracts to retry for a permit. How do I do this without actually having to increase the players' pay or hurting their morale by repeatedly cancelling new contracts?

Thanks for the tips =D

Quick questions for you:

1. For Belgium, it says that the days have to be consecutive. What will happen when the loan expires? Do I have to loan them out that day? Basically will I lose the months they've already been in Belgium?

2. You mention offering new contracts to retry for a permit. How do I do this without actually having to increase the players' pay or hurting their morale by repeatedly cancelling new contracts?

Thanks for the tips =D

1. No you get 55 days to send them back :) (or there abouts)

2. Not sure :)

why is it that when my player's loan ends and i send him back the next day his days counter reset back to zero...bcoz in belgium it is said that they have to be 3 years consecutive

why is it that when my player's loan ends and i send him back the next day his days counter reset back to zero...bcoz in belgium it is said that they have to be 3 years consecutive

yeah, thats because it needs to be consecutive..

try get a feeder club that does not have to be consec...

Just signed a player for 32 Million and he hasn't got a Work Permit and no one wants to loan him, any suggestions?

Send him to a feeder to make sure he has first team games. Then after half a season recall him. Teams will not look to loan someone you just bought for that amount of $$$ as they think he will not be interested.

He keeps rejecting the loan to my feeder clubs and my Chairman won't let me get another/better feeder club.

Just signed a player for 32 Million and he hasn't got a Work Permit and no one wants to loan him, any suggestions?

1) offer for free and free wages...

if he has just signed he wont want to leave for at least 6 months so you are pretty much stuck with him!

2) in Jan, offer him out at his current value, you will get some interest, then take him off the TL and wait for loan offers to come in, if none come in, do step one above! the interested clubs should make that £0 £0 offer!

Can someone possibly explain in more detail how I send a player to a feeder club? Im currently playing as Reading in my 2nd season after getting promoted to the EPL. I asked my board for a feeder club in Belgium to be able to help with work permits and they agreed. Now whenever I sign a player and they fail to gain a work permit instead of saying the transfer fell through it just says they will join me in 3 years time and they stay at their current clubs. Any insight?

sorry but how do you offer players to SELECTED clubs? it only shows human clubs.. how do you loan them to feeder clubs?

go to squads and then at the bottom it says move to affiliate

heres a wierd one, signed zezinho for my championship Birmingham team on a free with no work permit issues. now its come to my 2nd season in the prem and i cant renew his contract because they wont give him a wp. what?!

This is my question - I bought a bunch of wonder-kids 16-18 as I wanted to ensure that they have home-grown status in the future (for which they need to be trained at the club for 3 years between 18-21) but 75% of them didn't get work permits. If I loan them out for 3 years to feeder clubs, will they still have HG status when they return. I am not sure how it would work since they technically will be training elsewhere. I hope it won't be an issue because I've invested a fair bit!! Hope to hear some good news - cheers and beers.