You could train a second tactic with 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation as counter against big teams for away matches to ****** draws or narrow wins.

Yeah I found it alright in my first season, second season I lost loads of players but rebuilt the squad in a rush and we've done okay this season, just coming to the end now

That's not a bad idea, might drop a midfielder into the back line if this all goes to pot but until then I'll stick to three at the back.

Sounds tricky, I'm halfway into it but behind on updates but so far its going alright.
July_zpsb5ee75f3.png

26th July 2014
Ramsdens Challenge Cup

July14_zps22c8c67c.png

First game of the season see's us up against familiar opponents Albion Rovers in the Challenge Cup. Having walked all over the entire league last season we were fully expected to progress past this round and we did it without any real cause for concern as our Scottish strikers guided us into the second round.

Last edited:
August_zps2b1af240.png

2nd August 2014
Scottish League Cup First Round

Aug14-1_zps147ddc4e.png

With the Challenge Cup getting us under way we start our first full month of fixtures with another cup tie and once again we make it into the next round narrowly beating Livingston, with our Scottish players once again showing us how its done

9th August 2014
Scottish League One

Aug14-2_zpsd18d6860.png

Our first game of the new season is here and in true fashion for Berwick its another thriller. With both sides scoring early it set the tone for an end to end game but it was to be the final minutes that had the major influence on the game with Ayr scoring seemingly the winner in injury time before Darren Lavery stunned the home crowd, scoring the winner with the last kick of the game.

13th August 2014
Ramsdens Challenge Cup Second Round

Aug14-3_zpsc63f4fe8.png

Making it into the next round was to prove to be our final impact on the competition as a collapse ten minutes before the break gifted Alloa with a free passage into the next round. I wasn't expecting to get far in the competition but to lose to a fellow League One side was rather disappointing.

16th August 2014
Scottish League One

Aug14-4_zps8abfb8d2.png

Welcome to Shielfield Park. Our fortress in League Two was subject to an onslaught from east Fife as a rampant Erwin took us to pieces with only Pat Walker able to keep us in the game. Its a convincing loss against a side that quite frankly we should be looking to take points from if were to survive in this league.

26th August 2014
Scottish League Cup Second Round

Aug14-5_zps2d2acc31.png

Once again we bow out in the second round, this time to the top flights St Mirren. We put in a fairly strong display despite being completely outclassed by the side sitting just off the top spot in the SPL but its back to concentrating on making something of ourselves in the league.

30th August 2014
Scottish League One

Aug14-6_zps8fd2d655.png

We end a mixed month in style, picking up all three points following a smash and grab display against the league favourites Dunfermline thanks again to our Scottish strikers efforts in the first half an hour of the game. I've got a feeling its going to be an extremely topsy turvy season.

August 2014
Scottish League One

Aug14_zps73a9e243.png

With a win, loss and a draw its predictable that we find ourselves slap bang in the middle of the table. Having picked up points against the tougher teams and slipped up against our main competitors its safe to say that I have absolutely no idea how this season is going to pan out.

Last edited:
September_zpsb63274d2.png

September 2nd 2014
Scottish League One

Sep14-1_zpsa004211e.png

Shielfield is getting a bit of hammering of late as once again were taught a lesson in the gulf of class between us and the more established sides in this division, with Livingston putting an end to Laverys best efforts to take a comfortable victory back up North.

13th September 2014
Scottish League One

Sep14-2_zpsfd7c8f87.png

Joining us in the league Elgin are also finding it hard to adjust to life in League One but fortunatley for Berwick we proved to have more of an edge, courtesy of our only in form player Darren Laverys keen eye for a goal. Replacing the striker is going to be one of the toughest challenges of the coming season.

20th September 2014
Scottish League One

Sep14-3_zps0923d221.png

Whilst our home form might be rather questionable thus far, were proving to be still considerably tough on the road as a tricky tie against Stenhousemuir saw us unlucky not to take all three points as Walkers opening goal was cancelled out with just a minute remaining on the clock

24th September 2014
Scottish League One

Sep14-4_zps8350b5f1.png

A point against a side that are looking likely to be wrapped into the relegation battle with us, was the correct result as both teams battled in vain to take control of a sloppy tie, as neither side were able to put together any real flowing football.

September 2014
Scottish League One

Sep14_zps323117cf.png

Were still not exactly firing on all cylinders yet but we still remain rooted to the middle of the table keeping within touching reach of the top half of the table and more importantly away from the teams struggling at the foot of the table. If it continues like this I think we can be atleast content with the season.

Last edited:
October_zpsc8a8f317.png

4th October 2014
Scottish League One

Oct14-3_zps219aec43.png

Finally a convincing victory at home, as we crush Arbroath we ease thanks to all three of our strikers, including a debut goal for Bia-Bi and a first for makeshift right midfielder Jonathon Blake. Its our first at home but hopefully wont be the last of them.

18th October 2014
Scottish League One

Oct14-4_zpse59639bc.png

Having recovered my home form, I was kind of hoping I could combine it with our solid away matches but no sooner had we solved one problem then we encountered another, as we collapsed against Alloa with only Bia-Bi having enough about him to keep us with atleast something to take from the game.

25th October 2014
Scottish League One

Oct14-5_zpse3ebaca0.png

So apparently were back to being unbeatable at home, all be it by the skin of our teeth. A late goal from Pat Walker soon us take all three points following a dramatic collapse in the last ten minutes that nearly saw us throw away all three points in rapid time.

October 2014
Scottish League One

Oct14-2_zpsed9b3fa4.png

Our first award of the new season goes to one of our new arrivals with young Bia-Bi making a name for himself in the league already with two goals and a level head in front of goal despite his young years. With strikers proving to be the strongest of our group of players hopefully we can continue to outscore our opponents.

Oct14-1_zps92955cdd.png

We're still in and out of form and completely inconsistent but despite all this were within touching distance of a playoff spot. Its already shaping up to be an incredibly tight season this year and as long as we can keep up with the pack there's no reason why we cant aim for a cheeky playoff place come the end of the season.

Last edited:
Very up and down but looking good pal! I ended up finishing 4th in my second season, taking the final playoff spot, we beat Championship relegation playoff side East Fife but went on to lose to Livingston in the playoff final!

Yeah cant stop them at the minute, shame I'm not so confident about my defence.

Sounds like a good season Dan, hopefully we can come just as close.
november_zpsddcb05c0.png

1st November 2014
Scottish Cup Third Round

Nov14-1_zps87e555df.png

A tie against Edinburgh City gave us the chance to flex some muscle but in typical fashion we decided to make it far more dramatic then it had any right to be, with midfielder David Banjo getting himself sent off. A tight game saw the non leaguers peg us back on the hour mark but with time ticking down Fairbairn scored the first of his Berwick career with Pat Walker sealing the deal to send us narrowly into the next round.

8th November 2014
Scottish League One

Nov14-2_zpsdde59cd0.png

A bad week for Banjo see's the midfielder score an own goal in part of our complete collapse away to Livingston as we once again are thrashed by the recently relegated league favourites. Where as we seem to be closing the gap on some of the teams in the league were still a world apart from Livingston.

12th November 2014
Scottish League One

Nov14-3_zps56b367d3.png

Our form on the road was our saving grace at the start of the season but it appears were in a bit of a rut here as despite taking the lead against high flying East Fife were soon put back in our place following a sloppy display in the final 10 minutes of the game.

22nd November 2014
Scottish League One

Nov14-4_zps580c0ca8.png

Apparently Shielfield isn't even a safe haven at the minute. League leaders Dunfermline were put on the back foot following Walkers opener but we soon gifted them a way back into the game, with goalkeeper Alex Mitchell gifting them an equaliser with a shocking clearance, before failing to stop a header at his near post to give Dunfermline a deserved three points.

26th November 2014
Scottish League One

Nov14-5_zpsb333f66a.png

Losing streak? What Losing streak.​
Absolute demolition job of Elgin City on their own ground. With a goal almost every five minutes in the first half we stormed into an incredible seven goal lead courtesy of defenders Fairbairn and Gregory and more importantly the absolutely unstoppable Pat Walker. The talismanic striker netted five times as we got back to winning ways in the most impressive of fashions. Morale was on the rocks but with eleven goals behind us were right back to our best.

29th November 2014
Scottish Cup Fourth Round

Nov14-6_zps4701369b.png

We ran them close but we just cant get any kind of edge over Livingston at the minute and despite going into the break with a two goal lead we threw it away at the midway point of the second half in rapid style. A replay back at home give us a chance of slipping into the next round but I'm not holding out much hope against what is quickly becoming our bogey side.

November 2014
Scottish League One

Nov14_zps9e319ff8.png

We're slipping down the table little by little and it seems were being slowly dragged into the relegation battle. Its still incredibly close in the table and with a turn around in form we could well find our ways back to the realms of the playoffs, however one things for certain, we definitely know were the back of the net is.

Last edited:
Most certainly am. still undecided if we'll stick to it mind but its holding its own at this level thus far.

Cheers Dan, never hurts to score double figures!
december_zpse2cb7afe.png

2nd December 2014
Scottish Cup Fourth Round Replay

Dec14-2_zpsc6bc08ff.png

All hopes of finally getting one over on Livingston are dashed as were cleanly knocked out of the competition at the second time of asking, with our fellow League One side cruising smoothly past us with only Walkers goal giving them a slight worry on there way to a comfortable victory.

6th December 2014
Scottish League One

Dec14-3_zps4e01486c.png

Back to the league and fortunately a return to winning ways as we edge a nervy game at Shielfield to steal all three points courtesy of Darren Laverys early goal. Three valuable points from a team that could prove to be brought into the relegation dog fight is very welcome.

13th December 2014
Scottish League One

Dec14-4_zpsc0c0a441.png

Two victories on the bounce and more importantly two clean sheets. We've been less then tight at the back so far this season but two comfortable victories has seen our entirely English defence show what they can do at there best locking out the opposition and allowing our free scoring strikers to seal the deal.

16th December 2014
Scottish League One

Dec14-5_zps407051dd.png

Remember that tight defence? Yeah they buggered off pretty sharpish. After taking a three goal lead after just half an hour, we completely collapsed for the rest of the game with Airdire absolutely destroying us in rampant fashion and picking up all three points to send the home crowd into raptures.

20th December 2014
Scottish League One

Dec14-6_zps687d8f46.png

This time it was our chance to have a second half reversal of fortunes. Having conceeded three goals in the first twenty five minutes we were looking on for another disappointing defeat but our plucky strikers led from the front with Lavery and Bia-Bi drawing us level before late substitute Josh Morris netted with almost the last kick of the game to send us back to Berwick with all three points.

27th December 2014
Scottish League One

Dec14-7_zpsd2faa416.png

We end our month in the league the same we started it, with a cleansheet and a solid victory that allowed us to completely ignore our sloppy defending in the last two games. Right midfielder Blake is impressing in his new position on the wing with an early goal and young Bia-Bi continues to make his mark upfront with another well taken goal.

December 2014
Scottish League One

Dec14-1_zps591fbfcf.png

We're punching above our weight now but the award only goes to highlight just how tight this league is panning out to be. One minute we're mounting up the losses with a chance of success this season seemingly beyond us, the next were stringing together some impressive results.

Dec14_zps2831ab14.png

From the bottom to the top in just one month. Its been a great festive period for Berwick and with a turn around in fortunes were once again back to dreaming of a cheeky playoff spot and back to back promotions. With half a season remaining, we could soon find ourselves at the other end of the table.

Last edited:
So once again the January transfer window is here, a time to strengthen our position at the top of the table, however it wasn't to prove so easy..

With players within Scotland proving to be the only ones wanting to join Berwick it leaves me and my scouting team led by David Seaman with an extremely limited set of options and this year it appears we are left with effectivley no players worth signing. We've scraped the bottom of the barrel.

With the board unwilling to extend our scouting range and the clubs reputation still on par with some of the lowest teams in England the entire window proved to be a complete flop and on top of it came even more bad news as the six month reminders for contract expiries came up.

JanTran_zpsd883458b.png

All nine players refuse to extend there current contracts, for the four Scottish players despite being fairly crucial to our team this is more of an inconvenience then a problem but for our five stubborn English squad members this is proving to be a huge problem for the team.

Striker Pat Walker, defender Curtis Jones and midfielder Jack Boyle have been incredible since arriving but with there growing reputation comes increased interest from our home nation with the likes of Accrington Stanley and Northampton Town keen on securing there services and it seems the trio are all holding out on a move down south.

Also making life more awkward is defender Travis Gregory and midfielder George Leigh. Both are looking like they have a bright future ahead of them with potential to make a decent impact in the top flight and unfortunately for us it appears the rest of our adoptive nation has taken note, with Hearts leading the list of a number of Scottish clubs looking to secure there services.

With the new year proving to be a complete disaster for the club our only chance at salvaging it came for the trial day.

With David Beckham casting his eye over the potential new signings, fingers were crossed for some ideal replacements but with it came yet more worry as it proved that only one player is likely to make any kind of instant impact.

JanTran-1_zps7706f494.png

At fifteen Nathan Bartlett is already looking like he could play a role in the first team but its his potential thats really exciting. Rated by our entire youth staff as having the ability to make it all the way to becoming a leading player in the SPL, hopes are high that we could be the club that takes Bartlett all the way to the top of Scottish football.

The future is certainly looking ropey. Hopes of an effective English team are literally balanced on our successes this season, with the squad just about taking shape, holding on to our key players is now of paramount importance.

Very good going mate! i just read the whole story through, picked 5 stories which had a bit of substance to read today and yours was one of them, your doing well, on a side note im not impressed someone pinched your idea and then continues to post how hes doing! KIU

Ah I've just lost my save! :(

I struggled to renew contracts too! ANother good english lad there though!

Very good going mate! i just read the whole story through, picked 5 stories which had a bit of substance to read today and yours was one of them, your doing well, on a side note im not impressed someone pinched your idea and then continues to post how hes doing! KIU
who did that?

The guy write above me i think! I only looked at the story today

D'you want to cry about it or? I know TDJ from another forum, just updating him on how I was getting on.

Didn't realise it would ruin your life and become the main talking point of it.

So sorry, I do hope you can forgive me

D'you want to cry about it or? I know TDJ from another forum, just updating him on how I was getting on.

Didn't realise it would ruin your life and become the main talking point of it.

So sorry, I do hope you can forgive me
I couldnt care less about your crappy little save or life, i was asked a question by kitchin and simply answered it, when you read through the story you are constantly chiming in with how your doing, I DONT CARE. Create your own thread instead of going on about it after shamelessly stealing the whole concept from him. Also i can never forgive someone for being one of life's losers. :p

Thanks Cool, glad to have you reading! Hopefully I can keep it on par with the other careers here.

Thats a shame Dan, you have no luck with saves it seems. Semi-Pro status is whats causing the main issue I think. Need some more cash.

I appreciate the support guys, if you don't mind I'll keep my head down and pass over the last few posts but just so you know I'm grateful to both of you but for now I have contracts to sign and matches to lose!
january_zps91e5c022.png

3rd January 2015
Scottish League One
Jan15-2_zps57adaeb5.png

2015 gets off to a flyer as the first half of football against league leaders Dunfermline sees both clubs throw absolutely everything at each other with Curtis Jones's first goal for the club proving to be enough to hold the club that seem destined to take automatic promotion at bay.

6th January 2015
Scottish League One
Jan15-3_zps9364b007.png

The games come thick and fast following the new year and for Berwick its proving to be a welcome influx of points as we pick up another well earned victory, with Pat Walker leading the way to a all three points over play off chasing East Fife. The more he plays the more his contract renewal becomes paramount.

10th January 2015
Scottish League One
Jan15-4_zpsad84dc3b.png

We finally did it. With the overachievers meeting the underachievers it was the plucky English side that emerged on top for the first time this season, thanks to O'Briens late goal from the bench that gifted us our fifth straight victory in the league. We're hitting form at the perfect time.

17th January 2015
Scottish League One
Jan15-5_zps87824f3f.png

Having seen off three of the hardest teams in the league, a home tie against Elgin hardly filled us with dread but Elgin are desperately fighting off relegation and following there eleven goal humiliation in the reverse fixture they were keen to get revenge and a second half collapse gifted them with a welcome point.

24th January 2015
Scottish League One
Jan15-6_zps4b3266b5.png

Everything has been working out nicely for Berwick this month and a tricky tie against Airdrie was to prove no different. Having gone three goals down on the hour mark it appeared we were in for a rough ride at Shielfield Park but in sensational fashion we struck back with our Scottish strikers leading the way back into the game before a late equaliser stunned the crowd, courtesy of another of our out of contract Englishmen, Jack Boyle.

28th January 2015
Scottish League One
Jan15-7_zpsd83f0361.png

We round of a good month for the Borderers with another victory, this time in convincing fashion with a comfortable cushion between us and Stenhousemuir thanks to some neat work from our Scottish strikers and a first goal for English midfielder, Coultress as he rifles home a thirty yard stunner.

January 2015
Scottish League One
Jan15_zpsab7663b0.png

Its been probably our best month in the division so far and despite our English revolution the credit has to go to our remaining Scottish players, with the ever lethal Darren Lavery netting three goals and assisting in five. His solid performances however do little to take my mind of the fact he is on of the nine to be refusing our contract negotiations.

Jan15-1_zpsfa25df34.png

Ignoring problems of the field, were absolutely flying the league at the minute. Thoughts of avoiding relegation and adapting to the league have now well and truly turned to dreams of a playoff spot and back to back promotions. We're in form and completely rampant in front of goal. Anything could happen

Last edited: