The Mariners a sunny South Shields story

Can i take South Shields to the holy land (Premier League) in 15 seasons.

• Total voters
Nice

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

Nice isin't South Shields Cheryl Cole's home town ?

Thanks.

No Cheryl Tweedy was born in Walker in Newcastle.

fxqsn7.jpg

South Shields win the Durham Challenge Cup.

ChallengeCupPic.jpg

South Shields win the Durham Challenge Cup for the first time in the clubs history.

After a 2-0 win over Norton & Stockton Ancients at the International Stadium in Gateshead. With goals from Hamed Sacko and on loan striker Matty Tymon.

The clubs popular manager had this to say.

I am very proud of my teams performance and i hope this is the first of many trophies we can win for this great club.

nfrzpy.jpg

Last edited:
April.

In April South Shields are confirmed as the Arngrove Northern League Division One winners and also Durham Challenge Cup Winners.

arngrove.gif
ChallengeCupPic.jpg

I couldn't find a picture of the Arngrove League Division One trophy if anyone has one could you please send me a link or pm thanks.

League Table

South Shields win the league with a impressive 109 points. Both the defence and the attackers where outstanding for the South Tynesiders with a goal difference of +101. The club only lost one game in the league but will need to stregthen the squad next season if we are going to do well again.

View attachment 71453

Hall and Kammeron win Manager and Player of the year awards.

View attachment 71442View attachment 71443

Here is some of the team and player stats from our league campaign.

View attachment 71454View attachment 71455

(Durham Challenge Cup Final) South Shields 2-0 Norton & Stockton Ancients
Tymon, Sacko.
South Shields 3-0 Consett Sacko 2, Zanotti.
Newcastle Benfield 0-0 South Shields.
South Shields 2-0 Spennymoor
Tymon 2.
Morpeth 0-2 South Shields Zanotti, Riley.

Player of the month.

Matty Tymon.

The striker on loan from Hartlepool United had a good month scoring three goals for the club even though he is not a regular starter for the first team.

0,,10326%7E3661716,00.jpg

Last edited:
May

South Shields do the treble.

Sandancers win Brooks Mileson Cup.

Whitley Bay 0-3 South Shields
Guichard, Zanotti, Vaz.

South Shields win there third trophy of the season at the International Stadium in Gateshead with a easy victory over Whitley Bay.

2wd7rpf.jpg

64.jpg

South Shields win the Brooks Mileson trophy in real life.

Well done boys !!.

Team+celebrations+258bl.jpg

Last edited:
South Shields squad at the end of the first season.

Top Scorer.

Dan Riley
The striker came on loan at the start of the season but he soon became a favourite with the clubs manager and fans. His loan was made into a permanent deal and the striker finished the season scoring 26 goals.

Most Assists.

Lloyd Kammeron
Our club captain finished at the top of the clubs assists this season. The 38 year old Dutchman finished the season with 22 assists.

My player of the season.

Marc Zanotti The french winger scored 22 goals this season and he also created 15 goals.

smc_zanotti2.jpg

9r3q5d.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 AM ----------

2ahbdxw.jpg

The Mariners appoint new scout.

South Shields can confirm our new scout Matt Gray has signed a contract until the end of the 2010/2011 season. Matt has been out of work since he left Eastleigh. He has had spells with Eastleigh, Havant & Waterlooville, Hayes and Barnet.

2cddauo.jpg

Last edited:
2ahbdxw.jpg

Sacko signs new deal.

Hamed Sacko has signed a new contract that will keep him at the club until the end of the 2013 season.

2ee9bhv.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

Good luck in new season !

Thanks mate.

I will need to strengthen the squad though a lot though as when my first coice players are injured the backup is poor quality.

---------- Post added at 06:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

2ahbdxw.jpg

South Shields will start in the Unibond League One North.

Unibond%2520League%252010cm%2520copy.jpg

After winning the Arngrove Northern league Division One title last year South Shields have been entered into the Unibond League One North for this season.

The South Shields board has confirmed that they expect a top half finish this season and manager Colin Hall can expect a transfer budget of £22k this season.

---------- Post added at 06:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

2rgo1hv.jpg

South Shields third favourites to win the league.

Newly promoted side South Shields have been priced at evens and the third favourites to win the league this season with Sky Bet.

Durham City and Bridlington Town are 4/5 joint favourites to win the league.

2wp6tcn.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 AM ----------

15d5eag.jpg

Big ***** signs for South Shields

South Shields have confirmed the transfer of ***** Robert on a free transfer. The frenchman has signed a two year contract with The Mariners.

pic1241631278.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

2ahbdxw.jpg

Hall signs new three year contract.

South Shields Chairman Sean Searle has expressed his delight at Colin Hall signing a new 3 year contract with his home town club.

In a short interview with the clubs website Colin Hall had this to say.

I am delighted to be able to continue in my position as the South Shields manager and i can promise the fans i will give my all for the this club.

Last edited:
Good luck mate, hope u can make it to Premier League faster than 15 years :p

Good luck mate, hope u can make it to Premier League faster than 15 years :p

I hope so mate but we will just have to wait and see ;)

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

Your doing ridiculously well,

Thanks.

It will be a lot harder this season though.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

2ahbdxw.jpg

Hall brings in more new faces.

Gael Payet.

The French defender arrives on a free transfer from Tampon.

SELSR5766793.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Cedric Besson.

The French defender joins on a free transfer from Saint-Pauloise.

pic1241628970.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Eric Farro.

The French winger joins on a free transfer from Tampon.

SELSR6436665.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Ludovic Grondin.

The French goalkeeper arrives from Saint-Joseph for £500.

SELSR6357373.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Steve Harrison.

The full back joins on a free transfer after being released by Blyth Spartans.

stephen_harrison_500x500.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Rodric Kassime.

The Reunionese attacking midfielder joins on a free transfer from Jeanne d'Arc.

8eme-de-finale-de-la-Coupe-Regionale-de-France.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Jim Ablancourt.

The Reunionese defender joins from Tampon for a club record transfer of £3000.

3105_jim_ablancourt.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Giovanni Songoro

The Reunionese full back arrives on a free transfer from Tampon.

SELSR6388523.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Last edited:
2ahbdxw.jpg

Sandancers sign Kuami Agboh.

Togo International midfielder Kuami Agboh joins on a free transfer from Stade Auxerre.

200px-Kuami_Agboh.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

2ahbdxw.jpg

Pre season friendlies.

30ivyon.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

2ahbdxw.jpg

August.

Transfers.

2hgwrut.jpg

South Shields 9-0 Ramsbottom
Guichard 4, Robert 2, Ablancourt, Vaz, Fraumens.
South Shields 6-0 Chorley Robert 3, Zanotti 2, Fraumens.
(FA Cup 2nd Qualifying round) Leek Town 0-3 South Shields Sacko 2, Robert.

Two club records broken.

South Shields 9-0 over Ramsbottom is now a new club record win and Yohann Guichard's four goals in that game is a new most goals in a match record.

Player of the month.

***** Robert scored six goals and had a hand in making three goals in the clubs three games in August.

pic1241631278.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

September.

Bridlington Town 0-3 South Shields Robert, Sacko 2.
Bamber Bridge 0-1 South Shields Chaul.
(FA Cup 3rd Qualifiying round) Whitstable Town 1-5 South Shields Fraumens, Kammeron, Sacko 2, Robert.
Ossett Town 1-4 South Shields Sacko, Robert 2, Guichard.
South Shields 6-0 Wakefield Sacko 3, Zanotti 2, Robert.
South Shields 3-1 Runcorn Linnets Robert 2, Sacko.
(FA Cup 4th Qualifying round) Tonbridge Angels 2- 2 South Shields Robert, Roger.
(FA Cup 4th Qualifying round replay) South Shields 6-4 Tonbridge Angels
Robert 3, Sacko 2, Ablancourt.

New club record.

The South Shields 6-4 Tonbridge Angels game is a new high scoring game. I have added a link of the PKM if anyone wants to watch this great match (H). If anyone could tell me how to upload the match to youtube i will upload it.

http://www.filefront.com/16646401/South%20Shields%206-4%20Tonbridge.pkm

Player of the month.

***** Robert.

Big ***** scored scored a amazing eleven goals in September and also made two goals.

pic1241631278.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good mae bit easy with reunion players and what not but going well

Yeah i can't believe how good the players from the Reunion teams have been. Hopefully they will be good enough to play at a higher level if we get promoted.

They are good enough to play at higher level thas why I didnt use them too easy like. Just means you should win leages all the way til League One

They are good enough to play at higher level thas why I didnt use them too easy like. Just means you should win leages all the way til League One

Really there good enough for League One ?. I know they are good but i didn't think that they where that good.

The majority of them are on there last legs. There's some that are 38, 36, 34, 33 years old.

Last edited:
Really there good enough for League One ?. I know they are good but i didn't think that they where that good.

The majority of them are on there last legs. There's some that are 38, 36, 34, 33 years old.

Yeah way too good for BSP and that. Im surprised you can afford so many wages as well my budget at start of season with Shields was very low and I had no money to spend

Yeah way too good for BSP and that. Im surprised you can afford so many wages as well my budget at start of season with Shields was very low and I had no money to spend

I got a £22k transfer budget this season but i only spent £3.5k of it and then put the rest of it towards the wages. Only two of my players had a transfer fee the rest of them where free transfers.

Wow I only got transfer budget when I got to BSN and that was after getting 1 million from FA Cup game against Tottenham and it was only 70k.