The Mariners a sunny South Shields story

Can i take South Shields to the holy land (Premier League) in 15 seasons.

• Total voters
Wow I only got transfer budget when I got to BSN and that was after getting 1 million from FA Cup game against Tottenham and it was only 70k.
Thats strange.

The only thing i can think of is that i normally have 12-15 away foreign friendlies in pre season and i had a good run in the FA Cup last season reaching the 4th round so the money from that i might of got some of it.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

261jdkh.jpg

wjc4dj.jpg

Hall rejects West Ham interest.

The breaking news from Filtrona Park is that Colin Hall has rejected the chance to become the new boss of The Hammers. This is the second time in a few months that Hall has had to come out stating he has no interest in any job other than the one he is doing now at South Shields after being linked to the Portsmouth job a few months ago.

el30xe.jpg

October.

All nine games in October were cup games.Unbelievable Jeff.

(FA Trophy 1st Qualifying round) South Shields 2-0 RadcliffeBoro Zanotti, Fraumens.
(Northern League Challenge Cup 1st round) South Shields 6-1 Waltham Forest Sacko 2, Robert, Chaul 2, Zanotti.
(FA Cup 1st round) Almondsbury 1-1 South Shields Robert.
(Northern League President's Cup 2nd round) South Shields 5-0 Clitheroe Chaul 2, Fraumens, Sacko, Robert.
(FA Trophy 2nd Qualifying round) South Shields 4-0 Deeping Rangers Robert, Fraumens, Sacko 2.
(FA Cup 1st round replay) South Shields 5-0 Almondsbury Sacko, Robert, Zanotti 3.
(Durham Challenge Cup 1st round) South Shields 4-0 Boldon CA Ablancourt, Fraumens, Chaul 2.
(Northern League Challenge Cup 2nd round) South Shields 7-2 Frickley Roger, Sacko 3, Chaul, Payet, Zanotti.
(FA Trophy 3rd Qualifiying round) South Shields 3-0 Lancaster City Robert, Chaul, Payet.

Player of the month.

Hamed Sacko (or Ahmed Sacko according to the net).

A great month for the Reunionese striker who netted nine times in October.

2qdpjjd.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

November.

With the amount of games that we have had so far with all these extra cup games i have been playing the majority of the reserves in the cup games and keeping the first team fresh for the league games.

(FA cup 2nd round) Oxford United 3-2 South Shields
Sacko, Feasey.
(Durham challenge cup 2nd round) Jarrow Roofing 1-2 South Shields Farro, Robert.
South Shields 4-0 Durham City Chaul 2, Kammeron, Roger.
Rossendale 1-5 South Shields Zanotti, Roger 2, Fraumens 2.
South Shields 1-0 Skelmersdale Fraumens.
(FA Trophy 4th qualifying round) Corby Town 2-1 South Shields Roger.
(Northern League Challenge cup 3rd round) Redbridge 1-1 South Shields (Redbride win 4-2 on penalties) Fraumens.
South Shields 5-0 Radcliffe Boro Sacko, Roger, Fraumens, Guichard, Kammeron.

We have been knocked out of three cup competitions this month which could prove to be a blessing in disguise regarding the players fitness.

Player of the month.

Cedric Fraumens.

The defender was one of the few players to play in the majority of the November games and his experience was vital in a unsettled team this month. He also scored fives goals which is a added bonus.

SELSR6171041.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

League Table.

With November just finished we have only played eleven games in the league and somehow we are still top.

2s0inm9.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Can you tell me if you think this layout is better or not and what else i could do to improve this thanks.

seadja.jpg

December.

I have had to issue not for sale warnings to a few clubs over the signatures of Hamed Sacko and ***** Robert. I think most clubs in league two and a few league one clubs are interested in my two top strikers and i will face a battle to keep a hold of them. Both are happy at the club but it can't be long before there head's are turned by the bright lights of league football.

So January will be a month which will decide if we have a good chance of getting promoted. If i am forced to sell my star players then we will struggle but if we can keep them i see no reason why we can't be playing in the seventh tier of English football next season.

South Shields 3-0 Harrogate Railway.
Sacko 2, Robert.
Att 265.
Man of the match Hamed Sacko.

2qdpjjd.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Fickley 0-2 South Shields.
Chaul, Sacko.
Att 82

2qdpjjd.jpg

Chorley 0-4 South Shields
Figuin, Chaul, Rolls OG, Sacko.
Att 125.
Man of the Match Hamed Sacko.
2qdpjjd.jpg

South Shields 1-0 Bridlington.
Robert.
Att 304
Man of the match ***** Robert.
pic1241631278.jpg

Northern League President's cup 3rd round.
Bridlington 0-2 South Shields
Roger 2
Att 80
Man of the match Charles Roger.
2qt8o3r.jpg

Ramsbottom United South Shields.
Green OG, Roger,
Att 119
Man of the match
Cedric Fraumens.
SELSR6171041.jpg

Garforth Town 0-0 South Shields.
Att 106
Man of the match Chris Gowen

South Shields 3-1 AFC Fylde
Robert 2, Faro Brown
Att 277
pic1241631278.jpg

South Shields 5-0 Faversham Town.
Roger, Kammeron, Kassime 2, Sacko
Att 270
Man of the match Charles Roger.
2qt8o3r.jpg

Player of the month.

Hamed Sacko.
Another great month for the striker i am just praying that we can keep him at Filtrona Park.

2qdpjjd.jpg

League Table.

2ugj6z6.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:47 PM ----------

2cnxvdx.jpg

Breaking news from Filtrona Park.

cedricbesson_460.gif

The transfer window has only been open for a day and already with have some action in non league football.

South Shields highly rated defender has put a transfer request in as he is unhappy not being a regular in the sandancers first team. Rumour has it that Colin Hall has accepted the transfer request and has told the defender he can join a club that matches the clubs valuation of him.

---------- Post added at 04:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

South_Shields_FC.JPG

January.

I have managed to keep all of my players in January and we haven't brung any new players in either so hopefully now we can finished the season with our second promotion in a row.

South Shields 3-1 Bamber Bridge
Zanotti, Robert 2 Allen
Att 320

pic1241631278.jpg

Clitheroe 0-1 South Shields
Hayward OG
Att 171
Man of the match Cedric Fraumens.

SELSR6171041.jpg

Runcorn Linnets 0-2 South Shields
Roger, Trustfull
Figuin sent off.
Att 204
Man of the match Trustfull

Uriel%20Trustfull.jpg

FC Halifax Town 0-1 South Shields
Agboh
Att 872
Man of the match Cedric Fraumens

SELSR6171041.jpg

South Shields 3-0 Ossett Town
Zanotti 2, Roger
Att 311
Man of the match Marc Zanotti.

smc_zanotti2.jpg

Osset Albion 1-2 South Shields
Guichard, Sacko, James
Att 80
Man of the match Rodric Kassime.

8eme-de-finale-de-la-Coupe-Regionale-de-France.jpg

Durham County Challenge Cup Quater Final.
South Shields 2-0 Esh Winning
Roger 2
Att 218

Brigg Town 1-5 South Shields
Robert 3, Trustfull, Sacko, Hampson
Kassime sent off
Att 118

pic1241631278.jpg

South Shields 3-0 Brigg Town
Roger, Kammeron, Sacko,
Att 297

2qdpjjd.jpg

Player of the month.

The full back returned this month after a long injury and did not look out of shape. The Surinamese defender was outstanding in every game and scored a few goals as well.

Uriel%20Trustfull.jpg

League Table

28t9yir.jpg

261jdkh.jpg

Hall gets tough with Gangate.

After Djamil Gangate decided he didn't want to show up for training today The Mariners boss has shown some tough love by fining the player the maxium two weeks fine.

Hall said
until Djamil gets his act together he can train with the youth side

320x220_foot3-13.jpg

Last edited:
Too easy mate winning every game will be in Prem in no time not much of challenge really but going well

Too easy mate winning every game will be in Prem in no time not much of challenge really but going well
My challenge is to be in the Premier League in 15 years so i hope your right.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

261jdkh.jpg

Unibond%2520League%252010cm%2520copy.jpg

Sandancers Promoted.

With eleven league games still to play South Shields are the champions of the Unibond League One North.

Speaking outside Filtrona Park Colin Hall said.

The players have been magnificent this season and they have been rewarded with all there hard work this season.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

167qj2w.jpg

February.

Redbridge 0-4 South Shields.
Farro, Marrable OG, Sacko, Robert
Att 65
Man of the match Jim Ablancourt.

3105_jim_ablancourt.jpg

Durham City 0-2 South Shields
Ablancourt, Roger.
Att 71
Man of the match Jim Ablancourt.

3105_jim_ablancourt.jpg

South Shields 4-0 FC Halifax Town
Roger, Hedge OG, Caro, Thea
Att 328
Man of the match Eric Farro.

SELSR6436665.jpg

Northern League President's Cup Quater Final.
Frickley Athletic 1-4 South Shields
Robert 2, Sacko 2, Jack
Att 86
Man of the Match ***** Robert.

pic1241631278.jpg

Wakefield 0-2 South Shields
Chaul, Sacko
Att 140
Mano of the match Hamed Sacko.

2yyw0gp.jpg

Harrogate Railway 3-2 South Shields
Nicholas, Hopcutt, Mulhern, Robert 2
Att 126
Man of the match Jamie Hopcutt.

Player of the month.

JIm Ablancourt.

The central defender is a big reason that South Shields had conceeded so few goals this season. He is a rock at the heart of the defence and a big character in the dressing room.

3105_jim_ablancourt.jpg

Congrats on Promotion. Nice to see the Reunion lads i had on fm2009.
Thanks mate. The Reunion players are like gods at this level.

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:25 PM ----------

South_Shields_FC.JPG

March.

South Shields 4-0 Clitheroe
Vaz 2, Kassime, Sacko
Att 205
Man of the match Patrick Vaz.

Patrick-Vaz-Card-green.jpg

Faversham 1-3 South Shields
Corbett (Pen), Guichard 2, Sacko
Berby sent off
Att 95
Man of the match Yohan Guichard.

SELSR5971530.jpg

Northern League President's Cup Semi Final.
South Shields 5-0 Rossendale United
Chaul 3, Trusfull, Thea
Att 160
Man of the match Jonathan Chaul.

SELSR5550696.jpg

South Shields 3-0 Garforth Town
Riley, Chaul, Zanotti
Rudi Pounoussamy saved a penalty.
Att 211

SELSR5550696.jpg

AFC Fylde 0-0 South Shields
Vaz missed penalty
Att 146
Man of the match Gavin Stone.

Durham County Challenge Cup Semi Final.
South Shields 4-0 Birtley Town.
Sacko 2, Robert, Chaul
Att 160

2yyw0gp.jpg

South Shields 2-0 Ossett Albion
Sacko, Guichard.
Att 165
Man of the match Kuami Agboh.

Kuami_Agboh.jpg

Player of the month

Kuami Agoh.

The experienced Togolese midfielder excelled in the engine room in midfield and he also created a few goals this month.

Kuami_Agboh.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

261jdkh.jpg

ChallengeCupPic.jpg

South Shields do the double.

At International Stadium, Gateshead

Spennymoor 1-5 South Shields
Sacko 2, Robert 3
attendance 1643

pic1241631278.jpg

South Shields have now added the Durham County Challenge Cup to the league title they have already secured.

It was a easy match for the Sandancers in which they dominated the game from start to finish with the deadly strikeforce of ***** Robert and Hamed Sacko scoring the goals for South Shields.

---------- Post added at 03:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

261jdkh.jpg

Sandancer's do the treble.

Northern League Presidents Cup Final.

South Shields 3-0 Wakefield
Robert 2, Zolna OG.
Attendance 1138
Man of the match Marc Zanotti.

smc_zanotti2.jpg

South Shields do a famous treble after easily beating Wakefield 3-0. ***** Robert scored two goals and a own goal from Wakefield's goalkeeper Jan Zolna after a bullet header from Hamed Sacko cannoned off the cross bar and hit Zolna on the back and went into the empty net. That was enough to secure the trophy for South Shields.

Last edited:
I've seen you have played a few clubs from near where I am, but I like your story so far :)

Also saw you signed a player from Tampon. I LOL'ed

I've seen you have played a few clubs from near where I am, but I like your story so far :)

Also saw you signed a player from Tampon. I LOL'ed
Thanks.

Where are you from ?

You should have a look at some of Tampons players they are quality for the lower leagues.

261jdkh.jpg

21omutc.jpg

Breaking News.

We have some breaking new here in the sky sports studio that involves South Shields F.C. According to our sources the chairman Sean Searle is looking to step aside and let another member of the board take the reigns at Filtrona Park. With the end of the season only one week away hopefully it should all be sorted out by the start of the new season and shouldn't disrupt the team to much.

---------- Post added at 04:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 AM ----------

I'm from Preston :)

From Tampon? Do they bleed a lot?

Yeah they must of left there Tampons back in Reunion XD

---------- Post added at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 AM ----------

South_Shields_FC.JPG

April.

South Shields 2-0 Rossendale United.
Roger 2.
Att 196

SELSR5550696.jpg

Skelmersdale United 0-1 South Shields
Guichard.
Att 83
Man of the match Yohan Guichard.

SELSR5971530.jpg

South Shields 4-0 Redbridge
Chaul, Robert 2, Farro
Att 222

SELSR6436665.jpg

South Shields 6-1 Frickley Athletic.
Farro 4, Robert, Chaul.
Att 330

SELSR6436665.jpg

Radcliffe Boro 0-3 South Shields
Thea, Kassime, Roger
Att 150

Final League Table.

121d1t5.jpg

South Shields Squad.

2czdlsl.jpg

Player Of The Season.

***** Robert.
2mo41w6.jpg

Top Goalscorer.

***** Robert.
2mo41w6.jpg

Most Assists.

Marc Zanotti.
nn635l.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

South_Shields_FC.JPG

June / July.

South Shields will start the 2011/2012 season in the Unibond Premier League after wining the Unibond League One North last season.

unibond-%28page-picture-large%29.jpg

sb1wrk.jpg

6s8ft3.jpg

It has been rumored that newly promoted South Shields have been given the task of finishing in the top half of the Unibond Premier League by there new chairman Micky Nicholls.

Some more breaking news from South Shields is that talented defender Cedric Besson has withdrawn his transfer request.

cedricbesson_460.gif

2cikawx.jpg

2wq7ujb.jpg

Newly promoted South Shields have been third favourites at 7/4 to win the Unibond Premier League this season. The favourites are Bradford Park Avenue at 5/4 and Runcorn Linnets are second favourites at 6/4.

2l975oz.jpg

South Shields bring in some new faces.

Antony Sweeney.

Antony Sweeney arrives on a free transfer after being unattached for over one year since he got released by Hartlepool United.

0,,10326%7E6840426,00.jpg

Stephane Marseille.

Stephane joins on a free transfer from French club AS Fresnoy.

nxuhjb.jpg

Adrien Barbet.

Adrien joins on a free transfer from French side Club Sportif De Feytiat.

5zlkio.jpg

Stephane Monsanto.

Stephane joins on a free transfer from French club TA Rennes.

10x9028.jpg

Levi Marengo.

Levi joins on a free transfer and has been without a club since his contract with Telstar expired in July 2010.

profiel-marengo-1.jpg

Matty Tymon.

Matty joins on a free transfer after he was released by Forest Green Rovers. Matty is a familar face at Filtrona Park he was on loan at South Shields two seasons ago.

0,,10326%7E6840458,00.jpg

Ryan McEvoy.

Ryan joins on a free transfer and has been without a club since his contract with Bohemians ended in January 2011.

381998.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Mike Pollitt.

Veteran goalkeeper Mike Pollitt joins on a free transfer from Leek County Schools old Boys.

Michael-Mike-Pollitt-Wigan_2394836.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

262o3mu.jpg

The club confirm player exit.

Ludovic Grondin to Hull City for £26k.

Ludovic was only at Filtrona Park for one season after joining from Saint-Joseph for £500 but he played a vital part in helping the club getting promoted to the Unibond Premier League.

Manager Colin Hall had this to say.

I would like to thank Ludovic for his services and i hope he does well for Hull City. I couldn't stand in Ludovivc's way it's not often that a Premier League club comes in for you.

SELSR6357373.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:20 PM ----------

262o3mu.jpg

The Mariners sign a Brazilian.

Magno Vieira has signed for South Shields after he was released by Ebbsfleet. This will be Magno's ninth English club after spells with Wigan Athletic, Northampton Town, Carlisle United, Barnet, Crawley, Cambridge United, Wycombe Wanderers, Ebbsfleet and now South Shields.

0,,10423%7E3588985,00.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

262o3mu.jpg

Sandancers sign Andreoni.

Marco Andreoni has spoken of his joy at returning to football after he was released by Dundee United in July 2010.

The Scottish midfielder will add competiton for places at Filtrona Park.

55503_marco%20a%20large.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

262o3mu.jpg

Pre Season Results.

2ch1fnp.jpg

Last edited: