View attachment 280495

1st July 2015

View attachment 280494

KING RULES IN THE TRANSFER MARKET

Ledley King today smashed NAC Breda's transfer record to sign one of the games most promising talents. After leading his team to winning the Dutch Cup and Eredivisie safety, King has splashed out £5 million pounds on 18 year old Bilal Ould-Chikh from FC Twente.

View attachment 280490

The Inside Forward who played ten times for FC Twente, scoring two goals last term, was being tracked by English sides Arsenal and Everton, but the former Tottenham player swooped in to beat them both and make his first signing, while smashing the previous transfer record in the process.

" Many people will feel we've paid over the odds for such a young player, but having seen him play against us last season and him being scouted thoroughly by our chief scout, I have no doubts Bilal will be a top player for this football club and play a huge part in the clubs future success. "

After spending nearly half his transfer budget, the 34 year old manager continued to bring in players to strengthen his aging side.
With goalkeeper Jelle ten Rouwelaar turning thirty-five next birthday, King signed Erwin Mulder from rivals Feyenoord for a fee believed to be around 500k.

View attachment 280483View attachment 280481

" Jelle came to me in the summer and told me he was keen to begin working towards his coaching badges, as he felt his playing career was coming to an end, with him finding his recovery time taking longer than he wanted. It was always my intention to bring in another keeper as competition for Jelle, but when he made it clear he couldn't cope regularly with the demands of the modern game, I spoke with my scouting team, who brought to my attention that Erwin was unsettled at Feyenoord and that he could be keen to join us.
Also, joining the goalkeeping ranks is Norbert Alblas, who joins us from Jong Ajax and is highly recommended by my scouting team and will be tutored by Jelle. "

There wasn't just in-comings during the close season, as King also began getting rid of some players who didn't feature in his long term plans. One of those players was leading goal scorer Guyon Fernandez, who despite netting 13 goals found himself on his way to Danish side AaB for a fee of just over £1,000,000. Also leaving was promising 17 year old Dragisa Gudelj, who despite the clubs best efforts to keep him, joined French giants AS Monaco for £2 million pounds.

View attachment 280480

" I did everything I could to try and keep Dragisa here, but once he heard about Monaco's interest he made it clear he wanted to leave. Though I understood his desire to join a club of that stature, I was hoping to work with him here and to turn him into a top defender, but it wasn't to be.
With regards to Guyon being allowed to leave, I felt the offer of £1 million pounds was too good to be turned down and though the fans are disappointed to see him leave, I hope they'll trust me to bring in a replacement who will offer even more than Guyon did last season. "

The NAC Breda fans didn't have to wait long as Ledley made another move in the transfer market, this time bringing in twenty-two year old forward Gino Van Gessel for £700k from Slovakian side Trencin.

View attachment 280479

" I was keen to replace Guyon Fernandez with a forward who is young, hungry and has the potential to be one of the best forwards in the league and after hearing about Gino from my scouts, I moved quickly to secure his signature. After helping Trencin to finish runners up in the league last season, I have every confidence Gino will be crucial to any success we will have this campaign. "

View attachment 280478View attachment 280477

With seven players returning to their clubs from loan spells last season, the one area the 'De Rotten' boss needed to strengthen was at the heart of the defence. And he wasted little time in bringing in Vito Wormgoor and Mike Van Der Hoorn from Ado Den Haag and Ajax respectively for a combined fee of around £500k. Joining the new centre back pairing was right back Antonio Marin, who joins on loan from Almeria and left back Salva Ruiz, who also joins on a season loan from Valencia.

View attachment 280413

AUGUST 2015

Dutch Super Cup
01/08/15 - Amsterdam ArenA

Ajax (3 - 2) NAC Breda
Erik Falkenburg (36), Uros Matic (67)

Eredivisie
04/08/15 - Kras Stadion

Voldendam (1 - 2) NAC Breda
Gino van Kessel (72,89)

Eredivisie
08/08/15 - Rat Verlegh Stadion

NAC Breda (3 - 1) Ajax
Gino van Kessel (31,77), Erik Falkenburg (pen 48)

Eredivisie
12/08/15 - Riwal Hoogwerkers Stadion

FC Dordrecht (1 - 1) NAC Breda
Bilal Ould-Chikh (67)

Eredivisie
15/08/15 - Grolsch Veste

FC Twente (2 - 2) NAC Breda
Sandro (73), Gino van Kessel (87)

Eredivisie
23/08/15 - Rat Verlegh Stadion

NAC Breda (3 - 2) AZ
Sandro (40), Gino van Kessel (49,86)

Eredivisie
29/08/15 - Rat Verlegh Stadion

NAC Breda (3 - 1) FC Utrecht
Bilal Ould-Chikh (31), Erik Falkenburg (37), Gino van Kessel (68)

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 280409

LEDLEY: " A perfect month in the league as we are unbeaten after six league games and currently sit 2nd in the the table. The lads have been superb in training and all their hard work has been on show in the early stages of this years campaign.

View attachment 280408

A tough draw awaits us in the Europa league, but this is what I wanted to bring to this club. To be able to compete against some of the best teams in Europe and I'm sure the fans will enjoy the experience. "