Wasted Talent

Klaas Jan Huntelaar to an extent, compared to his hype he is poor.

Ryan Babel

Afonso Alves

Robert Prosinecki
Alen Boksic
Both players had good careers and were excellent for Croatia but they had enough talent to go down as kings of the game and be ranked alongside Maradona, Pele, Cruijff, Zidane etc

Boska Balaban while at Dinamo was meant to be the heir of Davor Suker, he moved to Aston Villa only made 9 appearances before being sold to Brugge.

Adriano

This guy looked like he had to world at his feet back in 2004. Was awesome for Brazil @ the Copa America and was one of the Serie A's best strikers.... in FM world he was the most expensive player back in FM 2004 and went on to become one of the world's best... but in reality his career really nosedived.

huntellarr :) was supoised to be the next big thing of dutch football, ive yet to see him play well ?

In probably the greatest form of his life currently, and if I'm not mistaken, 8 goals from last 7 appearances for Dutch national squad

Jermaine Pennant had such a bright future shame about his attitude

True but he could use this season as a Bale year, and breakout and prove everyone right. This time last year Gareth Bale would of been one of the first on this list, now he's not so perhaps Redknapp will turn Dos Santos around.

i wouldnt say he needed turning around. just needs game time. he was a beast for mexico. and when he first joined spurs i thought he was one of the only good players when we had an awful start before redknapp came in. i just think redknapp isn't fond of him.

Wheater, should have left us by now, Mendieta, Bentley, Lennon, huntelaar

Darren Carter... was tipped by many, in the midlands especially, to grow and move onto big things as a player after his success in a Blues shirt in our promotion season. He fizzled out instantly, going to the Albion for first team football where he did ok, but still never reached his potential then went to Preston in an attempt again to get a starting place which never worked out for him either... real same in IMO.

And not that he has done bad at all in his career, and is still fantastic to this day, but how stupid can all those managers be at the time that Stephen Carr was left to retire with SO much more left to give as a player, that was potentially one of the biggest wastes ever! Fortunately only for 12 months or so

Please tell me this is some kind of joke? Seriously? Maradona is one of the best players ever, in my opinion the best.

He was, there's no denying that. But read through what he achieved during his career and no-one can argue it was blighted by an excessive personal life that consisted of drug taking and the rest of it. I just think he could have been even better than he was had he kept himself on the straight and narrow and focused on what he did best, which was playing football.

'After serving a 15-month ban for failing a drug test for cocaine, Maradona left Napoli in disgrace in 1992'

'[During his time in Italy, Maradona's personal problems increased. His cocaine use continued, and he received US $70,000 in fines from his club for missing games and practices, ostensibly because of 'stress'

Of course you can argue he didn't achieve all that he could have, but wasted? Really. Wouldn't never call Maradona a wasted talent. He showed his talent and skill and proved he one if not if the best player ever/

But fair enough, if that is what you think then it is not me to say no.

Ryan Giggs - Such a fantastic career but never had the opportunity to play at the euros or world cup as he played for wales which i think is a waste and sadly this may happen to gareth bale and aaron ramsey

Of course you can argue he didn't achieve all that he could have, but wasted? Really. Wouldn't never call Maradona a wasted talent. He showed his talent and skill and proved he one if not if the best player ever/

But fair enough, if that is what you think then it is not me to say no.

I just feel he had a god given talent and had the potential to be even better than he was, you read through what he achieved in his career and for me it is the off field antics and negativity which stand out more for me.