Wasted Talent

Sonny Pike - Not his fault , just big clubs trying to exploit a talented young boy due to his extraordinary ability with a football. In the end , he was just too young , team's didn't give him enough time to mature mentally. A bit like Freddy Adu

Giovanni dos Santos - touted to be the next Ronaldinho at Barcelona, moved to Tottenham in search of first team football, and is now in the reserves if I'm correct. He showed what he could do at the World Cup, yet I haven't seen him feature for Spurs this season, it's sad.

De la Red +1

Mainly beacause of his heart problems, passed out in a BBVA league game against someone and already finished his carreer. No

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Ryan Giggs - Such a fantastic career but never had the opportunity to play at the euros or world cup as he played for wales which i think is a waste and sadly this may happen to gareth bale and aaron ramsey

You say one of the greatest players in ManU of all time is a waste just beacause he plays in a ****** national ?? Still class, tho he's 34-35. Somehow you're right but that word there ****** me off

Only one contender, George Best.

Chasing the highlife shortened his career and tarnished his reputation... still the greatest player to have ever lived.

Diego Maradona.

OMFG

I'm wasted talent :'(

True

How has nobody Shevchenko? Chelsea broke him. When he was in Italy he was amazing. Matter of fact Chelsea are responsible for a lot of wasted players. Like Deco

Yes, Sheva is one of the wastes that comes in my top 10

My list:
Marco van Basten
Adrian Mutu
Adriano
Ricardo Quaresma

Van Basten was one of the lead figures that lead Holland to the Euro's gold.
Adrian Mutu is, yes, a true waste. He could still play in top clubs and be one of the best players if he wouldn't have started to do drugs and ****.
Adriano was just voted to be the golden trash bin ( i guess it's named so ) in Serie A, but still I think he wasn't even meant to be great. Always was promising, but nothing like the rest of your list.
Quaresma was voted to be the worst player of Serie A also, the year before last. Was always to be a " Ronaldo like ", all his tricks took from him. And if he is alive, he's still chopping in Beskitas.
Injuries ruined his carrer, can't say that he was a waste. Few months before his big injury, he was lethal, scoring from everywhere he wanted. Loved that guy back then.
Milan Baros
I wouldn't say he was a waste. He was great playing in Liverpool
Robinho, with all his potential, he never fulfilled it. Shouldn't have moved away from Brazil so fast, it would have been wiser to stay.
True, and he didn't just move away from Brazil too fast, leaving Real was a foolish thing to do as well if you ask me, especially to ******.
No idea why Mutu is on there, he's a druggie, its his own fault he's ****
That means he wasted his carrer, classifies as a waste

Me!! But I would probably say Eduardo
You might be a waste, but Eduardo wasnt, mentioned before

Giovanni dos Santos - touted to be the next Ronaldinho at Barcelona, moved to Tottenham in search of first team football, and is now in the reserves if I'm correct. He showed what he could do at the World Cup, yet I haven't seen him feature for Spurs this season, it's sad.

He played for Gala last season, he only showed glimpses of his brilliance. His pace was unbelievable at times he would literally just smash down the pitch and just unleash a bullet. He was just really inconsistent. We played him up front with Arda and Keita that was a deadly trio up front Rijkaard tried to organise us Barcelona style. But unfortunately our defensive midfielders and central midfielders were **** poor which meant we just couldnt keep up with the pace of the game every pass would end up going bent which meant that the front players like Dos Santos couldn't show what they were made of. If Tottenham would consider selling him to us I'd like him to come back he could do a lot for us down the wings.

When it comes to players not realising their potential there's a few I can think of in recent times.

Aquilani <-- really unlucky imo that injury ruined his liverpool career

Sergen Yalcin <--The Turkish Zidane this guy would have been the best in the world but money, women and partying got the better of him was very close to signing with A.C milan

Jay Jay Okocha <--- This guy could have literally been one of the greatest up there it's a shame he didn't move onto more prolific clubs then PSG and Bolton.

Benzema<---Horrible flop at Real Madrid there's still hope for him though Mourinho persistently tried to play him.

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:59 PM ----------

Quaresma was voted to be the worst player of Serie A also, the year before last. Was always to be a " Ronaldo like ", all his tricks took from him. And if he is alive, he's still chopping in Beskitas.

He's doing quite well, his team does nothing when him and Guti don't play. He's a one man team when he's on point I seriously reckon if Besiktas beef up their attack they might have a shot at winning the Europa league or at the very least reach the quarters.

Injuries ruined his carrer, can't say that he was a waste. Few months before his big injury, he was lethal, scoring from everywhere he wanted. Loved that guy back then.

He was quite unlucky, after that broken ankle he never really regained the same form when he first arrived. He had quite a decent season in Aston Villa before he went to Lyon. Nothing special but his dribbling and strength on the ball showed he definately had something special about him. He was probably the soul reason why Portsmouth won the FA Cup. He was dancing into Man Utd's Box and won them that penalty. Right now he's doing brillaintly he just blazes goals in when he's up front. But he's been really really injury prone, he's missed atleast 8 games already this season which leaves us in the dark.

Javier Saviola?
Everybody predicted great things from him, and now he's playing for Benfica.

He was quite unlucky, after that broken ankle he never really regained the same form when he first arrived. He had quite a decent season in Aston Villa before he went to Lyon. Nothing special but his dribbling and strength on the ball showed he definately had something special about him. He was probably the soul reason why Portsmouth won the FA Cup. He was dancing into Man Utd's Box and won them that penalty. Right now he's doing brillaintly he just blazes goals in when he's up front. But he's been really really injury prone, he's missed atleast 8 games already this season which leaves us in the dark.

Eduardo has never played in Aston Villa, Portsmouth or Lyon ? XD

shola ameobi because of the injuries which have plagued him

If Dave from special one tv heres you slag off ameobi you'll be ***** slapped by a puppet!

I was going to say Collymore, but hes on there. I read his autobiography and im not suprised he was so messed up, when your humping davina mcall, ulrica johnsson, and have about 5 other girl friends at the same time its no wonder your depressed and cant perform on the pitch!
I had to actually read some parts of it twice over because I kept getting confused which girl he was referring to, and which girl he happened to be going out with that week, in one regard I was envious because he had women so easily, but in truth my wife gives me all the hassle I can possibly cope with, why would i want to add another 4-5 women on top of that... Stan suffered from depression, but after reading his own book it seemed to me he brought it all on himself by being such a spoilt, arrogant ****** to everyone around him.

Last edited:
I can't understand why Gazza and Mutu are on that list? Fair Mutu flopped at Chelsea but he was great prior to joining then was a huge success at Fiorentina? Seems crazy to label the guy a flop?

And Gazza? How is he a flop? Was easily the best player at Euro 96, palyed great in Italy, great for Rangers and I recall him being decent at Everton, age, personal problems and injuries got him in the end but tbh his career was succesful.

i would say van basten, even though he was a great he could of done so much more... such a shame he had to retire at 30 along with missing chunks of his career during that through injury

90% of players that signed for R.Madrid and Man.City

RIP to their talents...

Mario Balotelli will be a flop, a really big potential flop and everyone will watch and laugh at Man City for spending all that money on a terrible player.

Van Basten
I wouldn't say wasted talent, because he was incredible, but could've done so much more if it wasn't for his troubling injury in his absolute prime of his career.

90% of players that signed for R.Madrid and Man.City

RIP to their talents...

Madrid's best signings always seem to be the ones without big reputations or through their youth ranks.

Eg. Higuain never heard of him until he appeared at Madrid.
and Casillias.

Must be something with Madrid, mean look at Sneijder and Van Der Vaart now!

Kaka......MASSIVE FLOP?

I really don't see why Kaka left, he was the talismanic god of Ac Milan and was on a great contract.. why would you give that up?

Madrid's best signings always seem to be the ones without big reputations or through their youth ranks.

Eg. Higuain never heard of him until he appeared at Madrid.
and Casillias.

Must be something with Madrid, mean look at Sneijder and Van Der Vaart now!

Kaka......MASSIVE FLOP?

You can hardly say Sneijer was a flop...Look at him at Inter