When do you start to lose interest in a save and how do you continue?

Scott

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Guys, :)

First thread in a while, so remember my Grammar and spelling are ****. ;)

Basically i have been playing my Manchester United save for 8 season now, and am generally bored of it. I never normally get this far without getting the bored factor in.

So my Question is simple, How far does it normally take you to get bored and what do you do to change it, I tried the old Change of clubs, Resignings and taking another job, Aka the Birmingham job, got them promoted but i often found myself bored and thinking whats the point, Then My successor was sacked after a year, so i re-applied thinking, I just miss being Utd, but havent even started the season, and already bored.

Peace out

Scott

Lol me the same,i haven't played FM for a while,planning to start a new United save,i get bored after probs 3 seasons,i don't like the squad being so different from the real one...just don't like it :/

I tend to pick some of the lower league teams and build them up, usually go for around 20 seasons before either getting bored or just wanting to try somthing new.
My Liverpool save is coming towards the end of the 5th season and i'm starting to get bored of it :p

Lol me the same,i haven't played FM for a while,planning to start a new United save,i get bored after probs 3 seasons,i don't like the squad being so different from the real one...just don't like it :/

I have a squad with no Fletcher, Nani, Rio, Vidic, Berba, Evra, Scholes, Giggs the lot have gone, the lot. But i enjoyed the save whilst it lasts, But i feel i have done with it now.

start in the lower leagues, much more sense of achievement taking a non league team into the prem than winning the treble with a top team

start in the lower leagues, much more sense of achievement taking a non league team into the prem than winning the treble with a top team

I thinki just hate regens, I hate not knowing the players, actual name, Something doesnt feel right.

have not done a season in months, cant find the right club to get the bored factor away tbh.

Same as you Scott.

If the players aren't real it bugs me, i start to hate playing a game with fake players, love the first 3 or 4 seasons but rarely get past that.

If you don't like regens then the best option is to take another league. For me, I know all the good players for each position for a top club. But if I'm a middle table Belgian club, I don't know which players to choose and then it's more fun imo.

I usually get bored after 1-3 season with my team or when I won everything with them (6 titles in a year). Sometimes I even get bored just after the pre-season. I have a good idea of a team then I start to play with them and after a while I think: What's the point in managing them? So I have already played with over 20 teams

Probably half a season atm always get bored. Furthest I've got into a season is 5 years with Borussia Dortmund just dominated everything and got bored. Just started a save with Villareal enjoying it so far!

Regens are quality, there's nothing better than getting a young player and producing him in a global star. Im in 2026 with Chelsea and I just love building team afters teams, watch a young squad develop into and old squad passing on their knowledge to the youngsters. But iv got other saves, start at a lower league club and when I got a better offer from a bigger team, I took the job. Ended managing in all the top leagues and clubs. Moving about taking your style to all different leagues testing your formation and tactic.

I have a Liverpool save that I usually keep hold of and go back to from time to time and i also start a journeyman save every now. My current save is my most enjoyable to date using Marshall LFC's January update with Liverpool.

i'll wait till all my players are Regens, and my Backroom staff are real players. just a have John terry and tomas rosicky in my staff now, planing to hijakc messi and ronaldo in later stages

Start as a LLM and take a small club and see how far you can get it. If you don't wanna take a small club to the top, then just accept the better job offers you'll get, if you succeed with your club. I am in my second season as A.F.C. Wimbledon and I am trying to bring the Dons to the top. Pretty interesting. I got them promoted to League 2 the first season and maybe I am going straight into League 1 after 1 season in League 2. Playing as United, you really have nothing to fight for. You start out with an already good squad and are basically winning so much that it might make it boring in the end.

Definately start lower league like me-much more challenging. I like the regen thing personally aswell-much more of a challenge, as you don't know exactly what you're going to get in the future. With the regens I have, I've been pretty dam lucky, both club grown and from south america. And it's helped raised a helluva lot of cash too.

I usually get bored after two seasons lately, depends on the team usually top team get bored easily lower team takes longer to get bored if you understand that

2nd season with Spurs - won the 4 main trophies and also the Community Shield start of 3rd season. 5 games into 3rd season and not bored yet but it seems to be unrealistically easy for me to win everything.

Usually get bored fairly quickly with my saves..

I'm always Arsenal to start off - but I try to make it more interesting by not buying superstars and instead spending most of my time focusing on the U18 and Reserve squads. It's working pretty well so far! 4 CL finals in 4 years (2 W, 2 L) and 2 PL titles on the trot as well as 1 FA Cup etc.

I still enjoy that save but I might start another one with Fulham which I really enjoyed for a season or two then got annoyed with it lol. After 2/3 seasons, I got them into the CL group stages (via qualifier) but the year after (the 1st in the CL), they played really badly and Zamora went almost a whole season without scoring. I got bored and resigned, thinking getting them into the CL was rather impressive and I'd get a job soon enough.

I got a job with Belgium. Still one of my fave saves on FM (10) but it can get annoying when you're a small team, do well, and then flop when you get promoted into a higher league etc.