Who buys football jerseys?

Stetchkov

Reaction score
every season new sponsors/jerseys/new players come out. i was wondering which of you guys buy jerseys every season. who collects jerseys? what jerseys do you have?
who is going to buy which 2010/11 season jerseys? what name and number on the back?
i am thinking about saving up my money and buying football jerseys. since the world cup is only every 4 years i figured buying those would be good especially later on down the road. i wanted to get ivory coast, south africa so far. im a germany fan but dont like there new kit so much. i also want a chelsea, bayern munchin with name and number on the back. i own a few previous bayern jerseys...most from the 2002 era are either lost or was ruined in the dryer. so i figured id start wearing them seldom and try to keep them in mint condition and lately the 06 world cup germany jersey, dirk nowitzski basketball jersey have been the only jerseys i really own other then a 1930s retro tsv 1860 munchen jersey.

which ones do you want to buy? do you buy and collect jerseys ?

I buy Reading shirts. Getting new one sunday. But no other English teams. I've got a torino and Barcelona ones somewhere though

EDIT: Getting Griffin on the back, number 2 by the way.

how often do you buy jerseys? do you think it would be tight ot have jerseys all along your wall framed in nice frames (usually ones like that cost $100, not sure how many pounds maybe 60?) im going to be finished with uni in a year and i was thinking of decorating my apartment once i get one (in a year i will) and have all my favorite teams/players/nations hung throughout the living room.

lets just say YOU do that...would you hang it so the guests and you can see the front of the jersey or hang it up reverse so the people see the name and nmber? and if you want it so the sponsor/logo face the front you might as well not pay the extra cash to have the numbers printed on it....? HELP lol
thoughts?

The last time I bought a Liverpool top was the 2004/05 season and we all know how that ended...

So I may have to invest again...

And if I do I wouldn't get anybody on the back as I wouldn't want to jinx them.
(When I got Owen he left the season after; Cisse double leg break ouch!)

#you'llneverwalkalone.

I always buy the new Macclesfield Town shirts when it comes out but I am a favourable fan of Liverpool should it ever come down to choosing between the 'Big Four'.

I have never bought a Juventus kit,however,I would like to own one soon ^^)

so you vote for no name/number and have it displayed so friends would see the front of the jersey when looking at it on the wall?

is it normally bad for you to buy jerseys with numbers? i understand eventually they will leave the club but my old FCB jersey with 13 ballack on the back made me happy :( RIP :'-) anyway is it usually not something most people do or you just think by wearing the jersey that something bad will happen to them "with your luck"?

what about any other people? thoughts?

@mashedpotatoes....i managed macclesfeild town got them 9th place first season.

I've got a lot of strips, but not bought one for a while. I mean, there's not that much difference between Celtic strips.

Usually get the Manchester United kit.

Feliciano 7 on the back :)

Can anyone recomend me a good site for buying kits ?

Tnx (H)

Can anyone recomend me a good site for buying kits ?

Tnx (H)
ditto id love to know. hope shipping to america doesnt cost to much *facepalm*
also were would it be best to buy lowerleague kits? like macclesfield or oxford etc. etc. there offical football website in the shore/shop section?

Getting the Arsenal Kit

If Fabregas stays I will get his name and number 4 on the back

so you vote for no name/number and have it displayed so friends would see the front of the jersey when looking at it on the wall?

is it normally bad for you to buy jerseys with numbers? i understand eventually they will leave the club but my old FCB jersey with 13 ballack on the back made me happy :( RIP :'-) anyway is it usually not something most people do or you just think by wearing the jersey that something bad will happen to them "with your luck"?

what about any other people? thoughts?

@mashedpotatoes....i managed macclesfeild town got them 9th place first season.

Should of got them first ;)

I've had the Newcastle home strips between 1995 and 2009 (although I did buy the 09/10 for my gf), also had the 95, 97, 98, 04 and 07 away kits. The early ones were bought for me, but after that I'd only buy a kit if I liked it and it was the right price (would never pay £30+ for a shirt), also don't like to buy single season strips which are just cashing in further. Tempted by the current England shirt, but unemployed atm...

When I was little I would get Sear 9 on the back of my shirts, but don't bother anymore. Also bought an Owen 10 England 2005-07 shirt since it was only one in stock and my size at low price, then he signed for us and the injuries began...

Last edited:
30 pounds for a kit with name/number on the back? or just the kit? how much does a kit with name and number usually cost?

all i see is $100 for name/number with a kit. and i cannot even find half the players i like that arent commercial like ronaldo, messi, ballack, etc etc...im looking for ghana kevin prince boateng etc etc. and the USA websites like soccer.com dont seem to have much when it comes to actually buying ANY kit youd like...

also the only kits i see for 45 dollars or 30 pounds are kits like these
http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductP...94960638+458+293+4294959936&Product_Id=323809
that are 09/10 season nothing 10/11 for around that price other than 10/11 brazil and newcastle (without name/number included)

Last edited:
In England you usually just buy the blank shirt, and then go get the name/number ironed on somewhere (usually same shop) with whatever you want, but big sellers also come pre-numbered. And I won't pay more than £30 for the shirt itself (usually wait for £25 or less), since I don't get anything on the back anymore

I buy a new Rangers shirt everytime the sponsor changes or when they are going cheap at the end of the season.

same way in germany normally, but every kit from diff club/nation have different styles to the name/number...doesnt the stores in england and germany only have a "default" type and not the exact matching one? i mean can they really have every name and letter and multiple sets just sitting in the back stock waiting for someone to use it? i mean i hope they have the authentic letters also and not just a typical bold number/letter.

They use authentic Premiership/Championship (etc) letters and numbers, they just need to be ironed onto the back of the shirt at your request.

thats pretty sweet. how much does a new 2010/11 bayern munchen kit cost (or any 2010/11 club kit) with name/number? 65 pounds?