Who buys football jerseys?

Everytime Benfica is champion or has a nice kit (doesn't happen much, tbh), I buy it. I have the 2010/11 kit but I don't have a number in it already. I think I will choose 23. The name is always the same: P. CASTRO. I have last season (09/10) away kit, with the 18, and the 08/09 home kit with the 15.

so why do most of you guys just keep buying same team and same person?

also if you were going to do what im going to do (hang it up and display it) would you buy a different jersey from all different teams?

IDEA: buy 11 jerseys, and han g them up in your living room and the 11 jerseys will make your "fantasy team"? thoughts?

thats pretty sweet. how much does a new 2010/11 bayern munchen kit cost (or any 2010/11 club kit) with name/number? 65 pounds?

Bit harder to find a Bayern Munchen kit with printing, but £60 from uksoccershop, but for Premiership teams you're talking about £35-40 + £1 per letter and £4 per number (or some places charge a flat fee of around £10-15)

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

also if you were going to do what im going to do (hang it up and display it) would you buy a different jersey from all different teams?

IDEA: buy 11 jerseys, and han g them up in your living room and the 11 jerseys will make your "fantasy team"? thoughts?

Sounds like an expensive idea given how overpriced kits are :O But I support Newcastle United and England, so I only buy kits for those

Normally people wear football shirts rather than framing them.

@mixon....true but i would love to decorate my apartment (my own place) in a "bachlore" manner...or? i mean id rather have kits hanging and hats instead of nice beige colored pillows and brown black out curtains to match one another so they can live in harmony LMAO.

so 60 for barclays and 35-40 for brand new updated kits from premiership?

Last edited:
I'm getting the new Bristol Rovers shirt, can't decide on : Campbell (7) or Hughes (11) :S

I only ever buy the Spurs home shirt. Obvious reasons.

Never have and never will get a players name and number on the back as normally puts the kiss of death on it and the player will leave just after you have done it.

i might get a Reading shirt, have to support my local team! :)

though, i am quite partial to my old shirts, i have the 2008 chelsea home shirt and the Amiga (mid 90's) chelsea shirt and it is still in pretty **** good shape :D

I got a Spain top with Iniesta 6 on it for the World Cup, first time ive got a football top in 3-4 years. Beign 21 I cant really get as much use out of one as i used to ie im too old to just wear a football top out.

If your looking to put a few up on the wall your best bets probably just second hand ones off ebay then, seeing as youre not going to be wearing them

true im also 21 and cannot wear them around really.

therefore id love to have them hanging in my living room so people wont call me "immature" just want to be treated as an adult and not a 12 year old lol.

if im going to frame the kits you dont think i need new ones so they wont be ruined (ex: Velcro being stuck on kit...pulling it off and a few fuzzys surface...)

i always buy the full rangers and man utd home kits and get Status 7 on the back, i go to the official stores beside the stadiums

I might buy Espana's shirt if they win the WC. Get someone like Fabregas on the back (even if he leaves for Barca).

I think good condition second-hand ones would be fine, if you can't afford to splurge on lots of brand new shirts.

Just make sure they are listed as "Good as new" and "Excellent condition" etc, and ensure there aren't any nicks or tears in the description. If there are, you'll be able to get a refund without them kicking up too much of a fuss. (Ebay).

Have a couple from when I was a kid which Rushy got signed for me by the then team (old Crown Paints kit in red is nice).

Got a couple of retro tops (love the Rome 84 one - wear it under my coat to matches). But new kits? Nah. Buy them for young 'uns in the family when not boycotting. This year they'll be getting the new black 'standards corrupted' kit. Not sure their parents will approve. Mind you, brother is a bluenose so tempted to send him a tic-tac advert on dvd instead.

Haven't bought an Arsenal shirt for the last two seasons.

Overall I only have about 6 different Arsenal shirts.

Occasionally buy the Liverpool shirt, no real pattern if I do or Don't. Prefer to wear the one from a few years back anyway. Got some retro Liverpool Kits aswell, the Double winners '86 shirt and the Rome '84 shirt. However, I always buy the new shirts of my local team, Derry City. Need to wear those to every game :)

i buy the arsenal shirt home or away every season

Last edited:
i always buy the full rangers home kit, and i normally get the third kit for newcastle, i dont bother with names and numbers.