Who could replace SAF?!?

Mourinho, Moyes or Steve Bruce.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Mourinho, Moyes or Owen Coyle.
Owen Coyle is kind of unrealistic.. Yeah so he got Burnley to the premier league with not the best team in that division by a long shot, but it puts him no where near the quality of managers like Mourinho, Moyes or Bruce etc.

you're first in line to become my assistant :p

thats good, but i demand quite a high pay. i'll take over as caretaker when you are sacked, and be kept on as permanent manager. don't worry though, im sure i can bring you back to the squad as a scout or something :p

Mourinho, Moyes or Steve Bruce.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Owen Coyle is kind of unrealistic.. Yeah so he got Burnley to the premier league with not the best team in that division by a long shot, but it puts him no where near the quality of managers like Mourinho, Moyes or Bruce etc.

Why does it not put him near the quality of at the very least Steve Bruce? He has great man-management skills (managing to keep Eagles on the bench and happy most of most season and this), he's charismatic, plays football the right way, gets players wanting to play for him, can work on a limited budget, likes to bring youth though the ranks.

He is more likely to be the next manager than either Roy Keane or Ryan Giggs, for sure.

Carlos Queiroz,he had a big influence on Man Utd's resurgence when it looked like Chelsea would dominate.

thats good, but i demand quite a high pay. i'll take over as caretaker when you are sacked, and be kept on as permanent manager. don't worry though, im sure i can bring you back to the squad as a scout or something :p
nice one, sounds like a plan to me :p haha

oh right LOL, thanks (Y)

and 19-11-08

I agree, but the best person for the job is Mourinho, or Guardiola in my opinion.

Tbh am i the only one who thinks 'The special one' is pretty average or should i say over hyped? Just think about it guys when he first became chelsea manager he already had a 'class' team that was built by claudio ranieri all mourinho done was win the premiership twice if im not mistaken.

Name a unknown player that mourinho has brought and made him into a world beater? Theres absolutely no one on the list and please dont post names like essien and cech as they were playing full out for club and country and please dont add the likes of mikel to the list because he ****.

Yes he won the premiership but there are millions of manager who have but yet he gets the nickname 'special one'? he makes me sick.

or am i missing something?

Last edited:
The answer to this thread is simple: no-one can replace him.

However, there are a few who realistically could give it a go:

Jose Mourinho
Ottmar Hitzfeld, though maybe a bit too old now. S
Moyes/O'Neill-could be the really big clubs they've really been waiting for.
Then perhaps Mark Hughes (he still loves us really :p). Bruce and Keane would also be contenders, regardless of how gash Keane is doing now-he knows what we're about and would command an awful lot of respect.

Unrealistic contenders:

Capello
Ancellotti
Lippi (again maybe a few years ago)
Wenger

Then there are ex-players with no management experience
Cantona/Giggs/Gary Neville. All have literally no experience, but in theory could fit into the job, having all captained us and being adored by the fans. They would certainly be risky though. In a couple of years though, when SAF does go and Giggs/Neville will have retired but possibly become coaches, you never know. Actually, same goes for Ole Gunnar Solksjaer.

Carlos Queiroz,he had a big influence on Man Utd's resurgence when it looked like Chelsea would dominate.

True. Had he stayed on for a couple of years as *** Man I think he would have got the job. having been gone a few years now, I don't think he'd get it, unless he won a WC or Euro with Portugal.

Tbh am i the only one who thinks 'The special one' is pretty average or should of say over hyped? Just think about it guys when he first chelsea he already had a 'class' team that was built by claudio ranieri all mourinho done was win the premiership twice is im not mistaken.

Name a unknown player that mourinho has brought and made him into a world beater? Theres absolutely no one on the list and please dont post names like essien and cech as they were playing full out for club and country and please dont add the likes of mikel to the list because he ****.

Yes he won the premiership but there are millions of manager who have but yet he gets the nickname 'special one'? he makes me sick.

or am i missing something?
Yeah he's been a bit poor for inter in the champo.good in the league but it is serie a.:p. good point about never unearthing anyyone had never really realised that.And anyone who thinks buying quaresma fo a big club can only be special in one way;).

To be fair to him though he did win the champions league with porto and he might of unearthed players their i didn't realise about.

I definetly don't want him to replace ferguson. He's a ****.

Last edited: