Who's going to Uni next year?

Awesome!

Are you in intercollegiate accom. or UCL?

Gonna be living in Essex and commuting in everyday :/ Are you living in accomadation? I so how much is it costing, I know how crazy zone 1 prices can be.

Gonna be living in Essex and commuting in everyday :/ Are you living in accomadation? I so how much is it costing, I know how crazy zone 1 prices can be.

The Garden Halls are £23 a night but are catered and almost next to my campus which saves transport costs. Stamford street/Great dover street apartments are all en-suite but really expensive, £20 a night self-catered. There's a few cheaper ones at around £16, but one is really far out and the other is just a tower block.

So yeah, pretty expensive, but at least they're not all as expensive as this: University of London Accommodation - College Hall

Garden Halls are here: University of London Accommodation - Garden Halls

The Garden Halls are £23 a night but are catered and almost next to my campus which saves transport costs. Stamford street/Great dover street apartments are all en-suite but really expensive, £20 a night self-catered. There's a few cheaper ones at around £16, but one is really far out and the other is just a tower block.

So yeah, pretty expensive, but at least they're not all as expensive as this: University of London Accommodation - College Hall

Garden Halls are here: University of London Accommodation - Garden Halls

God, those College Hall prices are crazy. I thought I had it bad having to pay £1,400 for a year-long oyster card, but that accomadation is waaaay too expensive for me.

God, those College Hall prices are crazy. I thought I had it bad having to pay £1,400 for a year-long oyster card, but that accomadation is waaaay too expensive for me.

Yeah College Hall is ridiculous, don't even think the rooms are any nicer than the others in the intercollegiate area.

Where'd you do your undergrad?

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Sussex = Best uni

Edinburgh/Manchester/Bristol/Durham are all pretty good too.

P.S Whatever I say is the truth

Oxbridge, University of London, Imperial etc. are all so average. ;)

Yeah College Hall is ridiculous, don't even think the rooms are any nicer than the others in the intercollegiate area.

Where'd you do your undergrad?

Just graduated from Trent, God knows how I got UCL to accept me :p

Is Uni worth it? Really?

Depends on what subject you want to do, what career you want and if you're interested in further education or not. For instance Science and engineering grads usually earn quite a bit more, whereas art grads tend to make little difference to their income.

Depends on what subject you want to do, what career you want and if you're interested in further education or not. For instance Science and engineering grads usually earn quite a bit more, whereas art grads tend to make little difference to their income.
Ok, If I was too go which is likely, I can imagine something Computer related or Maths related would suffice, is it good for that aspect?

Ok, If I was too go which is likely, I can imagine something Computer related or Maths related would suffice, is it good for that aspect?

Maths is one of the best degrees you can do, employers love it as it shows you have a large range of important skills (numeracy, problem solving etc.) Computer courses seem to be highly competitive, I'd choose Maths because it can open so many more doors and doesn't limit your options as much. You're a while off needing to decide so things may change, but Maths is an excellent degree. :)

Maths is one of the best degrees you can do, employers love it as it shows you have a large range of important skills (numeracy, problem solving etc.) Computer courses seem to be highly competitive, I'd choose Maths because it can open so many more doors and doesn't limit your options as much. You're a while off needing to decide so things may change, but Maths is an excellent degree. :)
Thanks Joel, very likely I will take your advice, as Maths has always been a specialty :) What are you taking? Besides drugs ;)

Math Degree will open up many Graduate Degree opportunities; not just career opportunities.

Math Degree will open up many Graduate Degree opportunities; not just career opportunities.

Can be useful, if you get a 2.1 or above from a good university, for going into the financial sector where jobs can be lucrative but competetive. I have a friend who graduated from a Birmingham two years ago with a 2.1 in maths and he's still working in Argos though.

See thats my problem with Uni, today employers in this current climate are not that interested with the person with the most degrees, am I right in saying that?