World of Warcraft - Mists of Pandaria

First I've heard of it. But I know when the patch was released before MoP there was a bug that let DKs attack friendly targets.

First I've heard of it. But I know when the patch was released before MoP there was a bug that let DKs attack friendly targets.

Never knew about that one. Apparently the script that did the hack was found on some hacking forum that was tracked down. Orgrimmar got absolutely nuked. I'm away a few days and all **** lets loose lol. Reminds me of a certain South Park episode.....

thought I'd give this a bump. I'm upgrading to a desktop due to laptop on its last legs. Anyone recommend a nicely priced desktop (with or without monitor-they're pretty much available round here for great prices)-it's mainly for Warcraft (and of course FM 13). And as I'm going to be getting involved in 5/10 man raids, it pretty much has to be able to handle the fps hits. And preferrably I'd prefer to stick with Windows 7 as I'm unsure how windows 8 is affecting games right now. I have £350 to use (mouse/keyboard not needed as I have them already) though at a push can manage £390. I would do a customised one but I have absolutely no idea about that sort of stuff.

Any help appreciated.

Also HDD size not really an issue just yet as I can upgrade that at a later date (and I did see some refurbished ones on Ebay but I'm not entirely confident on buying a PC from there as I don't what I'm getting quality wise)

Edit: I did come across this but I honestly don't know just how good it would be

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...top+with+monitors|1#pdpFullProductInformation

Last edited:
thought I'd give this a bump. I'm upgrading to a desktop due to laptop on its last legs. Anyone recommend a nicely priced desktop (with or without monitor-they're pretty much available round here for great prices)-it's mainly for Warcraft (and of course FM 13). And as I'm going to be getting involved in 5/10 man raids, it pretty much has to be able to handle the fps hits. And preferrably I'd prefer to stick with Windows 7 as I'm unsure how windows 8 is affecting games right now. I have £350 to use (mouse/keyboard not needed as I have them already) though at a push can manage £390. I would do a customised one but I have absolutely no idea about that sort of stuff.

Any help appreciated.

Also HDD size not really an issue just yet as I can upgrade that at a later date (and I did see some refurbished ones on Ebay but I'm not entirely confident on buying a PC from there as I don't what I'm getting quality wise)

Edit: I did come across this but I honestly don't know just how good it would be

Buy Zoostorm 500GB 4GB Desktop Tower PC with 18.5 Inch Monitor at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Desktop computers and all in ones.

that should run everything with no problems

that should run everything with no problems

Cheers. Thought I'd have it checked before I waded in and bought it without checking. For that price with a monitor it seemed to good to be true, and I've heard mixed things about Zoostorm PC's

Cheers. Thought I'd have it checked before I waded in and bought it without checking. For that price with a monitor it seemed to good to be true, and I've heard mixed things about Zoostorm PC's

well play.com do some monster pc for some very good prices

[video=youtube;nuKIvjhN4NA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuKIvjhN4NA&list=SP1356569F10D695CE&index= 32[/video]

this sums up how I've found LFR recently after doing it a while now. Sigh...........

LFR is horrible. Glad I don't have to do it.

LFR is horrible. Glad I don't have to do it.

Didn't mind it at first...but now the number of ninja pullers, AFKers and idiots in general is just mindblowing. I mean if you're standing in pool of purple or fire common sense dictates you have to move out of it. Then you get frost spec death knights trying to tank dual wield with horrible gear in Throne of Thunder LFR. /facepalm

However, new raiding system for 5.4:

A Raid for All Seasons: Flexible Raid Preview - World of Warcraft

Unfortunately I don't see much effectiveness in the low pop/dead realms.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don't see much effectiveness in the low pop/dead realms.

Don't imagine I'll be using the flex raid too much but it does sound good.

Patch 5.4 adds Virtual Realms, which will essentially merge lower population realms. This will allow you to keep playing on your current realm, but do arenas, raids, and dungeons with people in your realm group, as well as use a merged Auction House and trade with other players in your realm group.

Hopefully that helps out some of the smaller realms too.

Don't imagine I'll be using the flex raid too much but it does sound good.

Patch 5.4 adds Virtual Realms, which will essentially merge lower population realms. This will allow you to keep playing on your current realm, but do arenas, raids, and dungeons with people in your realm group, as well as use a merged Auction House and trade with other players in your realm group.

Hopefully that helps out some of the smaller realms too.

Yeah be good if it did like Scarshield. Just ironic they're doing this merge thing after the 50% discount for realm transfers-good business plan there lol. The 5.4 patch notes are out now and some of the nerfs are causing merry ****-it's amusing. Warlocks are just going mental right now lol.

The 5.4 PTR is live now aswell so will be giving that a try at some point today. Though I've just learned now ain't a good time to try-the servers are exploding and its DCing every 2 minutes lol. But I think this 5.4 they've made some progress and are going all out to keep everybody happy.

Which as we know-is a thankless task

If anyone's interested, since PTR went live, here's some T16 gear that's been designed. Remember it's PTR so it could change. Personally, I'm not keen on the Pally and DK gear.

[video=youtube;pDUfp5Wj4xE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDUfp5Wj4xE&list=FLa4SZx_oSePl2fwyTNTI36g& index=1[/video]

[video=youtube;QfPHDz7PvXc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfPHDz7PvXc&list=FLa4SZx_oSePl2fwyTNTI36g& index=2[/video]

[video=youtube;raNuG0D8CIY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raNuG0D8CIY&list=FLa4SZx_oSePl2fwyTNTI36g& index=12[/video]

[video=youtube;BgCq4MRl_Ls]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgCq4MRl_Ls[/video]

Yeah, not been a fan of any of the tier in MOP so far. It's all been a bit ugly.

Thankfully the challenge mode transmog looked good though.

Yeah, not been a fan of any of the tier in MOP so far. It's all been a bit ugly.

Thankfully the challenge mode transmog looked good though.

Yeah had a look at all-and they're just......bleh. The hunter gear is just an abomonation in all honesty. Still it's a PTR. They may change it-fingers crossed. Not had a chance to look at the challenge mode stuff either due to the guild been very quiet. On the plus side I get to grab some popcorn and watch the rage literally explode on the forums about the in-game store situation. Reminds me of kindergarten at times it's just so unbelievable lol.

Trailer for patch 5.4 And I have to say it looks rather tasty indeed

[video=youtube;slzQOyS5TqQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slzQOyS5TqQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Cannot wait to do that raid-especially after seeing the loot that drops. Some very sexy drops indeed from Garrosh