A Michael Ballack - Bayer Leverkusen Story

Just check Bayern's players and stats, Pep Guardiola is a mug on this game, he keeps playing Claudio Pizarro and brings Mandzukic off the bench, even though Manduzkic is Bayern's highest goal scorer in league, he choses to go with Pizarro Nor does he play Muller or Goetze as striker (False 9). Usually they sign Kevin Volland but he went to Dortmund in this save as Barcelona signed Lewandowski.

the trio of Keibling, Luan and Werner are deadly for you, I was going to have a go at Werner just b4 but went for Mitrovic instead as he was cheaper

Werner cost me 7.5M, hottest Striker prospect in Germany. I had an aim before story that I won't go for the wonderkids I've come to know about from this forum to make it bit more realistic.

don't worry about that mate I mean you hear managers say stuff like Wenger recommended him to me... Ferguson blah blah etc just get the best players you can

don't worry about that mate I mean you hear managers say stuff like Wenger recommended him to me... Ferguson blah blah etc just get the best players you can
Leverkusen have a great youth recruitment and setup, I even agreed to philosophy of giving youth a chance. And I can get the chairman to do almost anything I want if I say "It'd help in developing young players" :D. Next update is youth-intake, there are some pleasant surprises.

Youth Intake

Hot Prospects

View attachment 427013

Holy mother of god, I was insanely happy when this kid arrived, a Leverkusen fan! A playmaker who has the potential to be World Class at Ozil level. His stats are good enough for me to slot him in first team, and to think he's 4 years away from first team football. His 19 determination and 13 leadership hint he's something really really special.

View attachment 427012

Another player who has the potential to be World Class. He has a lot of room for development, he is very raw I can mould his game any way I want to.

View attachment 427011

Psst, another defensive midfielder. I already have plenty in first team and they all are quite young. His Bravery and Work rate are incredible.

View attachment 427010

A right winger, I prefer left footed right wingers (Inside forwards), I'm definitely going to retrain him as left winger.

View attachment 427005

He is determined, has potential to be one of the better Fullbacks in the league. What an insanely good youth intake.

View attachment 427004

He will remain on the left wing, His crossing is too good to be wasted. I will wait on this one and see how his pace/acceleration develop. He's too slow to be a wide player ATM.

View attachment 427003

Are Germans usually so determined? Very good. He can develop into a very good second choice goalkeeper, even force my first choice GK into rotation when he gets out of form. His reflexes and Aerial Ability are decent already.

View attachment 427002

A box to box midfielder! Michael Ballack is his idol, what else do I need to tell?

Rest

View attachment 427001 View attachment 427000 View attachment 426999

I did not sign the ones with 2 star potential, I had already gotten an incredible youth intake.

April

View attachment 426987

1st April, 2014 | Tuesday
(Champions Cup, Quarter Final Leg 1)

View attachment 426986

I set up not to concede and maybe sneak a goal or two on the counter but god, Jackson Martinez is incredibly solid in air, just couldn't keep him quiet. Castro snatched a last minute away goal, I'm still hopeful.

5th April, 2014 | Saturday

View attachment 426985

Going behind in first minute and then piling on 4 goals in first half itself. I was expecting 6-1 at final whistle, but oh well.

9th April, 2014 | Wednesday
(Champions Cup, Quarter Final Leg 2)

View attachment 426984

Jackson Martinez is a frigging beast, Luan came on as a sum to score a consolation goal in injury time. But had Castro not given that pen, god knows what would've happened. I miss Donati.

12th April, 2014 | Saturday

View attachment 426982

Oh FFS, a loss to Hertha Berlin. Luan again came off the bench to score in last few minutes, this might be crucial considering importance of GD this year. But this should've been a win, poor stuff.

16th April, 2014 | Wednesday
(German Cup, Semi Final)

View attachment 426979

This is revenge. At least something to be happy about this month. Finally we've beaten Gladbach and what a way to do so, 4-0 thrashing.

19th April, 2014 | Saturday

View attachment 426978

A great 3-0 win, even Dortmund and Bayern won their respective matches 3-0 on this matchday.

26th April, 2014 | Saturday

View attachment 426977

We've just thrown away our best chance at first ever Bundesliga title. A horribly wrong call by refs, I'm still infuriated by it. EXTREMELY POOR.

View attachment 426976

IN WHICH WORLD IS THIS OFFSIDE GOAL YOU ******* MUGS? I'm still piisssssed.

Manager's thoughts and other stuff

A poor poor month for us, German Cup Semi Final was probably only positive of this month. While FCP are very good team, we gave them a tough fight. The League results have been horrible, the defense that was rock solid for first half of the season has been shaky as ****.

View attachment 426975

Good on him, he's running away with the Golden boot this season, has been very very good for us despite some tough competition in Werner who's been producing goods too.

German Cup

View attachment 426974

Nurnberg pulled off an upset, now we are the favorites to win the cup, hopefully won't [fun] it up like the last game against Nurnberg.

Champions Cup

View attachment 426973

Samuel Eto'o scored 3 goals of the 6 in that tie, he hasn't scored 10 goals this whole season, seems like he was on fire to score. I hope Chelsea win it for the second time.

Bundesliga Table

View attachment 426972

Bayern are suddenly leading the table, Dortmund only drew one game and Bayern have kept up their pace. They haven't been first in a long time. The last match of the season, the title decider if you will is between Dortmund and Bayern at Allianz Arena. This will be fun.

Last edited:
what a game to end it, hopefully you can have a good win and Bayern put a few past Dortmund.

Nice youth by the way.............. better than the **** i got at Marseille this 1st season lol

The best one I've ever had, mate. I usually get one 4 star player with rest 2.5/3. I sweep regens from other teams, hehe.

May

View attachment 426795

View attachment 426794

3rd May, 2014 | Saturday

View attachment 426793

A good win but both Bayern and Dortmund won, the gap between us and first placed FC Bayern is 4 points, goodbye League title. Dortmund is just 1 point behind them.

10th May, 2014 | Saturday

View attachment 426792

That is a good way to finish the league, something to cheer about for the fans. Let's see how the title decider went.

View attachment 426791

Ow, what a humiliating defeat. FC Bayern have shown that League is not a sprint, it's a marathon, Dortmund have lead the league for majority of the season shared with my team but Bayern pulled off a great winning run at the end and have retained the title.

Bundesliga Table

View attachment 426790

Dortmund had better GD than us before today's game, it was a big gap of four which I didn't think I'd be able to close in on, but last day thrashing of Bremen and courtesy of FC Bayern we finished 2nd.

End of the season review, Awards and other stuff

Bundesliga review

View attachment 426778

Kiessling was on fire all season, ending the season with 27 League goals, his accuracy of shooting is commendable. Bernd Leno couldn't had Golden glove but Neuer is on a whole other level, finishing with more clean sheets while playing 10 matches less than Leno, incredible. Rofles had a great season, the Captain was everywhere when we needed him, helping out in defence, creating chances for Kiessling and scoring himself.

View attachment 426777

I had conceded least goal by Winter-break, and Dortmund was way off at second but I finished the season with best goal scoring record, interesting turn of events. (Narrowly beating Dortmund on last day)
Look at Bayern's form, 7 games won in a row.

View attachment 426776

Positional graph of Bayern, Leverkusen and Dortmund. I was at top of the table for quite some time.

Squad review

View attachment 426775

Kiessling scored 10 goals in last 5 league games, he was on fire towards the end, leading the team as Vice-Captain and not giving up our first league title. Timo Werner chipped a few goals from left wing, assisted a few too.
Sidney Sam usually scored in games where everyone was struggling, that's why 7 POMs, he's evolved into more of a team player, bagging 9 assists.
Special mention for January signing Luan.

Awards

Manager of the year

View attachment 426771

I also won Players' manager of the year, I holidayed one game that's why total of 33.

Top Goalscorer

View attachment 426770

Kiessling also won Players' PLayer of the year.

German Footballer of the year

View attachment 426769

This was a rather baffling decision.

Last Year's Signing review

Timo Werner

View attachment 426768

Michael Ballack paid a rather huge sum for Timo Werner, a 17 year but he repaid his faith with some great performances, playing out wide. Leverkusen fans have every reason to be excited about future of Timo Werner.

Dennis Praet

View attachment 426767

The Belgian started his Leverkusen career brightly, wowing fans with his vision for a pass but then faded away. His last few games were below average, still has room for improvement.

Luan

View attachment 426765

The striker signing in the middle of year was a bit surprising as Kiessling was performing well and Ballack had good rotational option in Timo Werner and even Son Heung-Min is capable of playing uptop, but Luan proved to be an absolute bargain at 1.6M. Scoring 7 and assisting 8 in 11(6) appearances are great numbers, let's see how he does in next season.

Manager Movements

View attachment 426764

*In other La Liga, Real Madrid fired Ancelotti and hired AVB, Tottenham then hired Ancelotti.

Miscellaneous

View attachment 426763

This is great, Dortmund is now at 18th. I can surely attract better talents now.

View attachment 426762

Stefan Kiessling (KieBling), The untraditional forward.

View attachment 426761

Stefan Kiessling, Bayer Leverkusen Vice Captain was one of the most lethal striker last season across Europe. Kiessling isn't known for his technique or skill or his ability to dribble through defences,most of what he does is pretty standard, but he makes it count in front of goal.

Stefan Kiessling was piling on ridiculous numbers last year, which begs us to as questions to the people looking for Messi's of this world. FC Bayern manager Pep Guardiola uses a False 9, a midfielder as a Striker and it seemed to pay dividends when he was at Barcelona but maybe was it because of Messi(The player who can succeed in any style)? FC Bayern had some scoring trouble this season, drawing a lot of matches 1-1 or 0-0 because they couldn't penetrate a tight defence. A normal False 9 doesn't tend to have instincts of a natural striker and drops deep, isn't usually good in air either.

Stefan Kiessling's report card

View attachment 426758

Kiessling scored 36 goals in all competitions and he was not used as an aerial target by Bayern manager Leverkusen. Stefan Kiessling also dedicated his Golden Boot to Michael Ballack.

View attachment 426757

*This post may look pointless, I just wanted to show that he dedicated the award to me, haha.

nice season mate, now you'll have to try and stick with Bayern while they flex their financial muscle

nice season mate, now you'll have to try and stick with Bayern while they flex their financial muscle
I've done my summer shopping already mate, I've spent quite a bit FWIW. Next update will be transfers. Bayern have spent almost same as me so far, and have almost sold players for same amount.

If they don't sign anyone else, I think I can play more comfortably next season. I've been grinding out results last year, even in the matches I won, opposition dominated. Counter-Attacking tactics are efficient. I had to sell Kruse btw.

BREAKING NEWS

Pep Guardiola resigns from his post at FC Bayern, takes control over Spain NT.

View attachment 426694

Pep Guardiola has taken charge over Spain National Football team after Vicente Del Bosque resigned following Spain's 2-1 loss to England in World Cup second round. Pep Guardiola was appointed as FC Bayern manager only last year and won a treble during his time at Allianz Arena. (Bundesliga, Club World Cup, German Super Cup)

FC Bayern fans paid a tribute to their manager, although he hadn't been here long, he had already become a fan favourite and will be missed. Bayern will now be searching for a new manager. Juventus' Antonio Conte has declared his interest in managing Bayern.

Awesome story man. I love Werner in this game! Looking forward to seeing how Kruse develops