A New Man On Tyneside - A Newcastle United Story

View attachment 364257
October

View attachment 364258

We did incredibly well this month, we may have had some close results but the fact that we only played I think 2 games with 7 subs due to injuries shows how good we are in depth...

-----

Newcastle United 3 - 1 Club Brugge
Champions Cup Group F

View attachment 364256

MOTM: Raheem Sterling (Newcastle United)

We had 7 subs for this game, one of 2 I think and we were excellent! Great passing, excellent possession play and making chances, just our aim was off again as we manage just 7 of 32 on target!

-----

Newcastle United 5 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur
Premier Division

View attachment 364252

MOTM: Ross Barkley (Newcastle United)

2nd game with 2 subs and yet again we were incredible! Spurs are obviously a decent side and the fact that we could spank them 5-0 says something about how strong we are this season!

-----

Watford 1 - 1 Newcastle United
Premier Division

View attachment 364251

MOTM: Lovre Kalinic (Watford)

So first game without 7 subs... 6 this game and we got an in game injury as well with De Sciglio now being out for luckily just 2 weeks. Overall very disappointing result as we were the better side and should have got the win.

-----

Newcastle United 3 - 2 LOSC
Champions Cup Group F

View attachment 364248

MOTM: Kevin Volland (Newcastle United)

4 subs this game! But we played incredible and managed a very close win in the end!

-----

Chelsea 0 - 2 Newcastle United
Premier Division

View attachment 364246

MOTM: Jonathan Tah (Newcastle United)

4 subs again! And this time, it was a very good, tightly contested game and we still came out with a good win! Good to get 3 points against the team right up our *** in the league!

-----

Man Utd 3 - 3 Newcastle United
(4 - 5P)

Capital One Cup 4th Round

View attachment 364245

We were actually back to 7 subs for this game! And christ what a game it was! Thought we were gonna be going through easily but a late goal through Januzaj sent it into extra time... Then we took the lead and threw it away again and ter Stegen got very unlucky with a rebound! Luckily we won through penalties so good times!!

View attachment 364244

All the results I expected really!

-----

League

View attachment 364243

So we are 2 points clear at the top of the table, still unbeaten, but so are Man City! Going to be a big game when we next clash! Our much superior goal difference will really help us if its close at the end of the season.

View attachment 364241

2 wins, 1 draw a game with 6 subs.... thank you!

Champions Cup

View attachment 364240

3 games in and now we are 3 points clear! Looks like we are definitely going to be qualifying now and surely will be 1st!

Capital One Cup

View attachment 364238

Newcastle United vs Nottingham Forest

So we are drawn against Leicester City's rivals Nottingham Forest... I soooo hope we destroy them!

Predicting Newcastle, Reading, Man City and Liverpool to go through.

-----

Best Player of October

View attachment 364236

Kevin Volland

A lovely 5 goals from Volland this month! Lucky he never got injured for us!​

View attachment 362173
November

View attachment 362172

6 Wins out of 6 this month, 15 goals scored and only 1 conceded... incredible! Although our opponents were relatively easy this month.

-----

Newcastle United 2 - 0 Stoke City
Premier Division

View attachment 362171

MOTM: Eduardo Garrido (Newcastle United)

So even though Stoke actually put up a bit more of a fight than teams usually do, we still managed to get the comfortable win to go with our slightly more dominant performance...

Also... this game and this win was the perfect way to celebrate something...

View attachment 362170

My 400th game in management!

-----

LOSC 1 - 3 Newcastle United
Champions Cup Group F

View attachment 362169

Excluding the possession it was actually quite an even game! We both had our chances, luckily for us our defence was on good form and we took our chances better than LOSC!

-----

Hull 0 - 2 Newcastle United
Premier Division

View attachment 362168

Easy. Best way to describe this match... the standard of games we are used to now, we dominate, give the team no chance, and come away with a comfortable win.

-----

Wolves 0 - 2 Newcastle United
Premier Division

View attachment 362167

Standard! Disappointed we took so long to get the 1st goal, and they were quite lucky they got on before half time as I was going to give them a bollocking for having not scored!

-----

Newcastle United 3 - 0 Wolfsburg
Champions Cup Group F

View attachment 362164

MOTM: Alen Halilovic (Newcastle United)

Ended up coming out with a good win, very good performance statistically, but disappointed it took us until the 63rd minute to score, but after that... goal scoring galore!

-----

Newcastle United 3 - 0 Nottingham Forest
Premier Division

View attachment 362163

Much more like it... 1st goal within 10 minutes and after that we just ran the show as usual... shame we only got 1 more in the 2nd half but still... very good win over Leicester's rivals!

-----

League

View attachment 362162

So still sat top of the table unbeaten, but Man City are right on our ***** as they are also unbeaten! 1 slip up or a couple of draws and they could easily jump ahead of us... need to keep up on the form!

Champions Cup

View attachment 362161

So with 5 wins out of 5 we have already qualified! Absolutely dominating the group and we should definitely be able to get 6 wins out of 6!

-----

Best Player of November

View attachment 362160

Jonathan Tah

Tah was in great form for us this month... chipped in with a couple of goals and 2 Man of the Match awards!

Eduardo Garrido could have been in with a chance of getting it but he missed the last 3 games of the month unfortunately.​

View attachment 361800
December

No fixture list this month as we played in the Club World Championship and didn't want to ruin the results!

But yet again we had an incredible month and run of form!

-----

Newcastle United 3 - 0 Everton
Premier Division

View attachment 361796

Great performance this game, surprised Volland missed the 1st penalty as he usually bangs them in, as he proved by scoring the 2nd.

-----

Man City 0 - 1 Newcastle United
Premier Division

View attachment 361795

MOTM: Eder Alvarez Balanta (Newcastle United)

YES! This result helps us big time as Man City were right on our ***** before this and this will give us a bit more breathing room, very dirty game as you can see with 9 yellow cards and 1 red!

-----

Club Brugge 0 - 3 Newcastle United
Champions Cup Group F

View attachment 361794

Finished off the group stage in a good style as we swept Brugge aside with a confident win and a good performance.

View attachment 361788

Finished top of the group, 6 wins out of 6, and a +14 goal difference... incredible!

-----

Montreal Impact 0 - 3 Newcastle United
Club World Championship Semi Final

View attachment 361793

MOTM: Donis Avdijaj (Newcastle United)

Never had any worries about us winning this what so ever! Decided to give a run out to the players who haven't had the chance to feature much for us so far this season and they performed very well to get a strong win and not even allow the other team to have a shot on target!

View attachment 361792

So... with us beating Montreal Impact and Vasco being beaten by Lekhwiya, looks like we have Lekhwiya in the Final!

-----

Lekhwiya 0 - 6 Newcastle United
Club World Championship Final

View attachment 361791

MOTM: Mateo Kovacic (Newcastle United)

Now that is how you win a tournament in style!

Completely destroyed the other team, and they never had a chance!

Kovacic was just on another level this game and with 4 goals and an assist... you could easily say he single handedly won us this game himself!

-----

Newcastle United 5 - 0 Sunderland
Premier Division

View attachment 361790

Ended the year in style with an incredibly strong win over our rivals!

Even Lekhwiya put up a slightly better fight than Sunderland did as we completely tore them apart as they managed just 2 shots all game.

Incredible performance from Sterling as well!

-----

League

View attachment 361789

So Man City **** up and lose twice this month to us and Spurs and as our unbeaten run goes on in the league, even with 2 games in hand, we are now 6 points clear of Man City and I am sure we can go on and increase this lead!

Champions Cup

View attachment 361787

Team Drawn: CSKA Moscow

So after dominating the group and easily progressing, we now have to face CSKA Moscow in the First Knockout Round... now they aren't a bad team clearly as they have also qualified but I think we should still be able to sweep them aside!

Main big tie in the draw in my opinion is FC Bayern and Atletico... Atletico are no pushovers and could easily shock Bayern!

Club World Championship

View attachment 361786

Clearly you already know that we have won this tournament, just thought you would like to see the way the other teams progressed!

Capital One Cup

View attachment 361785

Team Drawn: Nottingham Forest

Due to the Club World Championship, our game got moved back to New Years Day, but we have been drawn with Forest! Another slapping inbound!

Also as you can see, big surprises as Southampton beat Man City and Bristol City go through after beating Liverpool on penalties! Palace also go through so if we beat Forest, looks like we could be in for an easy route to winning the tournament!

FA Cup

View attachment 361784

Team Drawn: Crystal Palace

Potentially the team we could face in the Semis... could be good practice against them, sure we can progress though.

-----

Best Player of December

View attachment 361783

Alen Halilovic

The young Croatian had a great month for us as he banged in 3 goals, helped us out with 4 assists and got 3 Man of the Match awards for his efforts!

-----

Award

View attachment 361782

World Team of the Year

Kovacic, Barkley and Sterling find their way into the World Team of the Year!​

View attachment 360386
January Transfer Window

View attachment 360384

So... not actually that much activity in this window...

And when I say not much... in terms of players coming in, I mean none at all!

Due to the amount we have been spending recently, it has finally caught up with us and we actually don't have that much money at the moment!

Therefore I was unable to bring anyone in.

Loaned out some youngsters so they could get some game time, but also unfortunately for Acar, he isn't getting much game time so loaned him out to Barcelona where he is to be a Key Player!

-----

Squad

View attachment 360379

So the only difference in the squad now is that Acar is gone... good thing we have great strength in depth!

-----

World Transfers

View attachment 360378

This was actually quite a chilled out window as there wasn't a signing that broke even £20 million!

Monaco came the closest twice as they signed 2 players for £19 million each.

We can also see that former Newcastle player Rulli has moved to Barcelona for £17.25 Million!​

View attachment 360366
January

View attachment 360365

Mixed it up this month with lots of Cup and league games! Still unbeaten, and I am sure that Southampton hate the sight of us!

-----

Newcastle United 2 - 1 Nottingham Forest
Capital One Cup Quarter Final

View attachment 360364

Thought we were off to a great start as Barkley scored 2 inside 2 minutes, but after that we just could not seem to find the net, even with the amount of chances we had! But still, we progress!

We drew Southampton in the next round.

-----

Crystal Palace 0 - 4 Newcastle United
FA Cup 3rd Round

View attachment 360361

Good win! Just as you expect from us these days, dominate the match, have plenty of shots, and score plenty of goals!

We have drawn Chelsea in the next round.

-----

Southampton 1 - 4 Newcastle United
Capital One Cup Semi Final Leg 1

View attachment 360360

First game of 3 versus Southampton this month... and the 1st leg could not have been any better! Garrido and Volland working together very well to tear Southampton apart, who actually put up a bit of a fight!

Was definitely not worried about the 2nd leg after this.

-----

Newcastle United 4 - 0 Southampton
Premier Division

View attachment 360359

Apart from a couple of changes, the same side that started in the cup game, and we were even better this time around!

Controlled the game even better, restricted them a bit more, and got the clean sheet this time!

-----

Burnley 0 - 5 Newcastle United
Premier Division

View attachment 360358

He may have needed 2 penalties to get it but Volland got yet another hat trick in his Newcastle career!

Burnley really had no chance from the start and the red card in the 55th minute sealed the result for us.

-----

Newcastle United 4 - 1 Southampton
(8 - 2)

Capital One Cup Semi Final Leg 2

View attachment 360357

He may have only needed 1 penalty this time but Volland still managed to get another hat trick! 2 games in a row! Hat trick was made to look even better this game though as he scored 2 goals within a minute of each other right at the end of the 1st half!

Wonder who we have got in the Final!

-----

Newcastle United 1 - 1 Chelsea
FA Cup 4th Round

View attachment 360356

I was so unhappy and very disappointed we did not win this after our performance!

We were absolutely incredible and tore Chelsea apart, and deserved to win it strongly!

Looks like we need to have a replay then!

-----

Reading 2 - 3 Newcastle United
Premier Division

View attachment 360355

What a 1st half! 3-2 to us at the end of the first half, but for once as my back up side actually seemed to be playing a bit ropey, I thought it was possible that we could mess it up! But luckily for us we managed to hold on and get the win!

-----

League

View attachment 360354

We may now only be 2 points clear but we have a 4 games in hand! 4! We win all of them and we could be 14 points clear, and I have no doubt that we have the capability to do it and ensure the league is ours yet again!

-----

Capital One Cup

View attachment 360352

So overall we win 8-2 on aggregate and Bristol City beat Crystal Palace 4-3 on aggregate which means...

View attachment 360349

Team Drawn: Bristol City

We shall be playing Bristol City in the Final of the Capital One Cup!

-----

FA Cup

View attachment 360347

So we are still yet to book our place in the next round as we have to replay Chelsea, but there were some big surprises!

League 1 side Bournemouth beat Premier League side Nottingham Forest 3 - 0! Yes!

Championship side Peterborough head through to the next round after beating Premier League side Southampton 2 - 1... not a good month for them!

-----

Best Player of January

View attachment 360345

Kevin Volland

One of, if not his best ever month for us! He may not have scored in either of the last 2 games but scoring 12 goals in 8 games... incredible!

2 hat tricks as well... I love this guy! Which is also why I signed him to a new contract to remove his buy out clause, as I am sure teams will come sniffing again in the Summer!​