A New Man On Tyneside - A Newcastle United Story

View attachment 369092
Squad & Next Season

Lets have a look at who we have on our books for the forthcoming season shall we!

View attachment 369091

As usual, incredible quality and strength in depth!

-----

GK: As usual, no problem with this position! ter Stegen the main man in goal and Kaiser the back up!

RB: No problems here! De Sciglio will be the main choice and Villanueva is a more than capable back up!

LB: Shaw is first choice, and Halabi is going to be used as back up for the side! Unfortunately this could spell the end for Santons Newcastle career...

CB: So Balanta and Tah first choices, with Marquinhos and Trevino back up, but with Goetz coming up, it could be possible that Marquinhos could leave! Maxted will definitely be leaving.

CM: So many... It is going to be so hard to choose who players! Of course Romero and Kovacic are first choice, but players such as Kostic, Acar and Garrido are challenging, and then Uccelli, Extebarria, Boot can easily challenge soon...

AMR: Just Halilovic in this position, but will use Sterling/Gauld as back up!

AML: Velasco is likely to become first choice, with Sterling/Gauld as back up, Gilliead will most likely go out on loan!

AMC: Morrison is still likely to leave, Barkley to remain first choice, Castaldo as back up, and Biermann will most likely go out on loan!

ST: Volland, is of course the main choice up front, with Avdijaj as back up, but may get someone else in just in case!

-----

Summary

Overall I am very impressed with the squad!

Most likely just future stars will be brought in, unless I can get a world class player in.

-----

Season

Aims for the upcoming season:

Win everything.

Go Unbeaten.

Pretty simple really!

And based off of last seasons performances I can see us going it as well!​

View attachment 369084
TOON FIGHT TO KEEP MOORE

So straight after the email about the Barcelona job interview (I attended), I received this email...

View attachment 369083

Now, Barcelona were willing to give me more transfer and wage budget, but obviously things are incredible at the moment at Newcastle...

What do we do?!

I shall leave it up to you!​

View attachment 614683
Barcelona Squad

View attachment 369074

Have some very good players in their side...

Zouma, Mangala, Alba, Fischer, Messi, Neymar...

Also they promised to give me close to £60 Million so would have a lot of money to play around with to change the side!​

View attachment 367866
Moore Makes Decision...

So after recent rumours, saying the Barcelona have made an approach to sign Newcastle United Manager Adam Moore, he has attended a press conference to personally announce his decision on his position after talking to the Newcastle board...

View attachment 367865

Adam Moore: "Hello everyone, I am glad you could all come here so I could announce my decision..."

"I will be staying with the club who have shown great faith in me by giving me my first job in management, Newcastle United is a great club, we have both grown together to become a pair that go together like Fergie and United did!

They may not have offered me as much money as Barcelona, but money is not what matters to me.

What matters to me is staying at the club I now love and want to spend the rest of my career managing at!"

View attachment 367839
End of Pre-Season

Well pre-season went incredibly well...

View attachment 367838

Think this is the first time we have actually won all of our pre-season games!

Also scoring 18 goals and conceding just 2 in 6 games is awesome!

Many different goal scorers, but think the stand out performer was Halilovic who scored 5 goals, including a hat trick!

-----

Next Update

So... the next update, if I remember, will be the community shield result, then the Champions League group stage draw and then finally the transfer update before we get the season fixtures under way!

Lots of transfer activity in the club, mostly players outgoing, but we have received some very large bids!​

View attachment 367829
Community Shield

Newcastle United vs Manchester City

Let's see what happens!

View attachment 367827

MOTM: Luke Shaw (Newcastle United)

Newcastle United 1 - 0 Manchester City

We did it!

We completely dominated Man City and gave them absolutely no chance! Especially after they got the red card!

But disappointed that we were only able to win it through an own goal and were not able to win it by ourselves, which we should have after that performance!

This was in fact our 4th consecutive Community Shield win!

View attachment 367826

Let's hope we can carry on and win many more in the future!​

View attachment 367809
Champions Cup Group Stage

So who gets to play who...

View attachment 367808

We have quite an easy group as it appears...

LOSC are obviously always going to be a challenge being the current French league champions... but we did beat them this season already, 3-0 in a friendly!

Club Brugge and Wolfsburg will be 2 teams that we should easily brush aside though!

Now... Group D can easily be classed as the group of death!

Barcelona and PSG are the 2 teams likely to go through, but Inter definitely aren't push overs!

Rosenborg are definitely going to be the wipping boys!​

View attachment 367707
European Super Cup

Newcastle United vs Ajax

Can we get our 2nd piece of silverware already?!

View attachment 367703

MOTM: Alen Halilovic (Newcastle United)

Newcastle United 2 - 1 Ajax

Wow... a very action packed game! 4 yellows, a missed penalty, 2 injuries... and we are the side that comes out on top!

Obviously with Ajax getting a penalty they had a real chance to take it to extra time, but Jali blazed it over and basically handed us the cup!

-----

Also had to cover the name of someone who got booked as they are a new signing! :p

Last edited:
View attachment 367647
Transfers!

My favourite time as a manager!

So only a few players in, mostly youth, with 2 big first team signings, and also managed to get rid of a lot of deadwood!

View attachment 367645

£63.7 Million spent and £71.59 Million brought in... felt good to make some profit!

Harrison and Datkovic have left as the other cm's have developed better and they wouldn't have a chance to get into the team...

£29.5 Million was a very good offer for Marquinhos and I didn't want to turn it down! Even though Morrison left for £7.5 Million which is a lot less than I bought him for, he wasn't really going to get to play.

-----

Now who has come in!

I tied up 2 deals for 2 youth players to join us at the very start of the transfer window!

View attachment 367641 View attachment 367640

Stuart Dennis | Scott Hughes

£5 Million each for 2 very good young players, they will sit in the u18s for now, and if possible loan them out! Both have very good potential if we train them right!

-----

Next up was 1 of the 2 big signings...

View attachment 367638

Bassem Tafwik

With Marquinhos being sold and Trevino going out loan, it left us kinda short handed at the back, have been following this guy for a while and saw that Man Utd and Barcelona were going for him, so if I was going to get him, it would be now! Excellent young player with incredible potential!

-----

Another youth signing!

View attachment 367636

Vasilis Fakitsas

Will be in the u18s for now and will loan him out if possible, absolute bargain at just £3.7 Million and he has a very good future ahead of him as he has incredible potential! Future first teamer for sure if he develops well!

-----

Final signing... another big one!

View attachment 367631

Krasimir Pavlov

Another incredible CB brought in! Was also following this guy for a while and was always trying to decide between him and Tafwik... but in the end I decided to put Goetz in the u18s so he would get more game time, which left me with just Tah, Balanta and Tafwik, and as you know I like to have at least 4! And at £25 Million was a great deal!

-----

Big Offers

So Kevin Volland had some BIG interest this summer...

View attachment 367630

Chelsea started it off with a bid of £50.75 Million... instantly turned down but the bigger bids came in...

View attachment 367629

£51 Million from Man Utd... turned down!

View attachment 367628

Man Utd increase their bid to £61 Million... turned down!

View attachment 367627

Man Utd make their final offer... £73.25 Million... this actually caught my attention, but! Volland will never be for sale! REJECTED!

-----
World Transfers

View attachment 367626 View attachment 367625 View attachment 367623 View attachment 367624

June | July | August | September

Man City were very busy in June as they racked up a transfer bill of £69.75 Million! The 3 players do look very good to be fair!

Biggest transfer of July was the sale of Ilker Kanat to Spartak Moscow for £30.5 Million... he is an excellent young player and will be worth way more than that in just a couple of seasons!

PSG came in with the biggest transfer of August as they bought Jese from Dortmund for £29 Million, Madrid were just behind as they bought Phil Jones for Man Utd for £28.5 Million!

Biggest sale of the entire window, could be seen as a panic buy as it was during the end of the transfer window, but Crisetig is a very good player and I am sure he will live up to that price tag!​

View attachment 367622
First Team and U18 Squad

First Team

View attachment 367621

For yet another season our team looks incredibly strong...

Every position has excellent strength in depth, great young players to replace the experience in the future, still issues of who to choose in CM though! It's incredible!

Youth Squad

View attachment 367619

We now have some great potential in our youth side now!

View attachment 367618 View attachment 367617 View attachment 367616 View attachment 367615

Kris Palmer | Benjamin Webb | Vasilis Fakitsas | Nicolas Goetz

These are the 4 most promising youngsters we have in the team...

All of them have incredible potential and I am sure they will become world class players in the future!

It is already possible that Webb and Goetz will feature for us this season!

View attachment 367614 View attachment 367613 View attachment 367612 View attachment 367611

Stuart Dennis | Jay Hariott | Stephen Probert | Scott Hughes

Now these 4 players have good potential, but will need good training to ensure they do become great players...

-----

When possible I will loan any of these players out, but as long as they get the first team game time they need!​

View attachment 367609
August

View attachment 367608

Pretty decent start!

-----

Newcastle United 1 - 1 Leicester City
Premier Division

View attachment 367607

MOTM: Mateo Kovacic (Newcastle United)

So we started off the season with a very good performance, just a poor result and this is definitely down to the fact that we only managed 8 of our 31 shots on target!

-----

Newcastle United 5 - 0 Burnley
Premier Division

View attachment 367606

MOTM: Ross Barkley (Newcastle United)

This is much more like it! Another good performance and even though we only managed a couple more shots on target, we actually took full advantage of those chances as we banged 5 past Burnley! Of course I am sure the red card helped us out greatly!

-----

Southampton 0 - 3 Newcastle United
Premier Division

View attachment 367603

MOTM: Eder Alvarez Balanta (Newcastle United)

Again another good performance where our finishing was a lot better, we really restricted Southampton this game as even though they had slightly more possession, we gave them no room to shoot as they managed just 3 shots!

-----

League

View attachment 367602

So... already we are 2 points behind Chelsea wish us having drawn a game, but I am sure that we will be able catch them up!

Barkley already top of the goal scoring charts and Kovacic top of the Average Rating! Lovely!

Capital One Cup

View attachment 367601

We get an away trip to Craven Cottage to face Championship side Fulham!

Will most likely play the back up/younger side and still be able to easily dispatch of them!

Biggest tie of the round has to be Man Utd vs Everton though.

-----

Best Player of August

View attachment 367600

Carlos Felipe Villanueva

He started off slowly against Man City and Leicester, but really picked up in the other 3 games where he was able to put in an incredible performance against Burnley with getting a clean sheet and an assist!

Look out De Sciglio!​

View attachment 367187
September

View attachment 367186

Good start to the season continues!

-----

Liverpool 0 - 0 Newcastle United
Premier Division

View attachment 367184

MOTM: Lucas Leiva (Liverpool)

Even though we put in a good performance, we were just unable to get the win which is quite disappointing as we really did deserve it.

-----

Wolfsburg 0 - 3 Newcastle United
Champions Cup Group F

View attachment 367181

MOTM: Mateo Kovacic (Newcastle United)

Kovacic ran the show this game as he scores a hat trick of wonderful goals to get us the win!

All 3 from outside the area, and were all excellent finishes!

-----

West Brom 0 - 4 Newcastle United
Premier Division

View attachment 367177

MOTM: Raheem Sterling (Newcastle United)

Didn't see West Brom being much of a challenge so gave the younger players a go!

And of course they performed excellently, literally couldn't have got off to a better start with us scoring inside the 1st minute! Very strong win we definitely deserved.

-----

Fulham 1 - 4 Newcastle United
Capital One Cup 3rd Round

View attachment 367176

MOTM: Ryan Gauld (Newcastle United)

So as they played so well last game and as Fulham are in the Championship, decided to give the young players another go and yet again they performed excellently!

View attachment 367174

So we still have the possibility of facing big sides such as Arsenal, Man Utd and Man City, and even our rivals Sunderland!

-----

Newcastle United 1 - 0 Manchester United
Premier Division

View attachment 367172

MOTM: Jeison Murillo (Man Utd)

Very even game and on another day either of us could have won it, or could have been a draw! Both sides shooting was terrible as each of us managed just 3 shots on target each... but at least we did enough to come out with the win!

-----

League

View attachment 367171

Caught up with Chelsea a bit now and have closed the gap to just 1 point, still have the highest goal difference as we are just banging in the goals, and we are still unbeaten!

Champions Cup

View attachment 367170

Already top as we have Wolfsburg a thrashing, and I was right in thinking LOSC would be the rivals for 1st as they also won!

Capital One Cup

View attachment 367169

So of alllll the teams we could have drawn... we get Man Utd...

Literally probably the hardest side we could face! And everyone else seems to have gotten easy draws... dammit!

-----

Best Player of September

View attachment 367168

Ryan Gauld

The young Scotsman had a good month for us as he scored a goal, chipped in with 4 assists, and put in some incredible performances!​