Arsenal vs Manchester United / May 1st - 14:05

O what a finale of games for Utd and Chelsea:

Chelsea - Utd, Newcastle, Everton
Man Utd - Chelsea, Blackburn, Blackpool.

On paper, Utd have the easier run-in

That was a pretty **** game tbh, like a lot of big games nowadays.

not sure how SAF threw this away when the players didnt play well enough

We were the better team in the second half up until Anderson was taken off. Park got 90 minutes in one of his worst performances in years. Arsenal have been ***** since they lost the Carling Cup, we should've been all over them from the start rather than sitting back ffs, all of these things, are Fergie's fault.

i love Arsenal FC haha. Time to see what this Chelsea side is really made of now. Next Sundays game is huge and i cant wait. Both sides today should have had a penalty so in a silly way that levels itself out. On the whole Arsenal did deserve the 3 points for me, i thought Utd lacked that finish in the final 3rd and they will have to rediscover that next week for sure. UTC!!!

UTC?

thats a pen, and foy evens it up

not a reason but it tends to happen

Usually hate this unwritten rule as it were - worked nicely for us today ;)

Full time, not quite deserved. Draw probably would've been the right one.

Eh? We dominated most of the game bar the last 15/20 minutes. Fully deserved and for once we took our best chance against Utd and eventually beat them.

their win was deserved to be fair

You're being very gracious in defeat, Mike! =P (Err not that you're usually not just.. you know)

so ****** off. didn't look like we wanted to win, let arsenal run us around. Every time we attacked we went route 1, Berbatov was a know show. Pressures on against chelsea now.

Berbatov touched the ball just 7 times, 57% pass accuracy, 33% success in the air (6.0 rating by whoscored - based on all of his stats)

Hernandez was even worse. Touched the ball 11 times, 0% aerial duel success but 86% pass success rate. (5.7 rating)

woooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I could kiss you Ramsey! bring on next weekend.

Steady on ;)

Man of the Match is Ramsey. Szczesny was solid, but didn't have that much to do apart from that Rooney fk. Ramsey's passing was great and well he scored so that's easy.

Ramsey stats: Arsenal's @aaronjramsey - 60 passes ( more than any other player) & a 92% pass completion rate.

We were the better team in the second half up until Anderson was taken off. Park got 90 minutes in one of his worst performances in years. Arsenal have been ***** since they lost the Carling Cup, we should've been all over them from the start rather than sitting back ffs, all of these things, are Fergie's fault.

er we launched a second half onslaught but we lacked precision at the final touch, how is that SAF's fault?

Do you ever watch us play arsenal, we sit back and play counter and it pretty much works, this is their first win against us in 8 games.

Now lost less same amount as Arsenal's invincible side I believe and drawing less as well.

Obviously a disappointing defeat but still favourites and confident.

UTC?

Usually hate this unwritten rule as it were - worked nicely for us today ;)

Eh? We dominated most of the game bar the last 15/20 minutes. Fully deserved and for once we took our best chance against Utd and eventually beat them.

You're being very gracious in defeat, Mike! =P (Err not that you're usually not just.. you know)

Berbatov touched the ball just 7 times, 57% pass accuracy, 33% success in the air (6.0 rating by whoscored - based on all of his stats)

Hernandez was even worse. Touched the ball 11 times, 0% aerial duel success but 86% pass success rate. (5.7 rating)

Steady on ;)

Ramsey stats: Arsenal's @aaronjramsey - 60 passes ( more than any other player) & a 92% pass completion rate.

cant really complain to be fair, should have had a pen, but then so should arsenal and vidic should have gone. we were not sharp enough in the final third, best chance coming from a free kick says it all

I think what Arsenal should do next season, is play like this not just against the top 4. This is how they should've done it against teams like Sunderland etc. Then, they would've have had a greater shot at the title and not be where they are now.

Now lost less same amount as Arsenal's invincible side I believe and drawing less as well.

Obviously a disappointing defeat but still favourites and confident.

??? - That makes no sense whatsoever lol. You've lost less than the INVINCIBLES - who went a season UNBEATEN?

cant really complain to be fair, should have had a pen, but then so should arsenal and vidic should have gone. we were not sharp enough in the final third, best chance coming from a free kick says it all

Yeah - couple of half-chances/not actual shots from cut-backs too.

City game already more exciting than this was :L

I think what Arsenal should do next season, is play like this not just against the top 4. This is how they should've done it against teams like Sunderland etc. Then, they would've have had a greater shot at the title and not be where they are now.

Significantly easier said than done with Arsenal!

@Athe~ Nice one. Probably it.

??? - That makes no sense whatsoever lol. You've lost less than the INVINCIBLES - who went a season UNBEATEN?

Yeah - couple of half-chances/not actual shots from cut-backs too.

Obviously not just in the league. Thought that was quite obvious(K)(K):D

Nice touch from @cesc4official "Great performance from the lads. Congratulations to @aaronjramsey. Very well deserved a moment like today."

er we launched a second half onslaught but we lacked precision at the final touch, how is that SAF's fault?

Do you ever watch us play arsenal, we sit back and play counter and it pretty much works, this is their first win against us in 8 games.

Yes, we did launch a second half onslaught, then Fergie decided to meddle with it.

And yeah, I know we play counter-attacking football against them, but I didn't see much counter-attacking in that first half and with Hernandez up front, I wasn't expecting us to do nothing for 45 minutes.

Obviously not just in the league. Thought that was quite obvious(K)(K):D

I still don't get it.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

Yes, we did launch a second half onslaught, then Fergie decided to meddle with it.

And yeah, I know we play counter-attacking football against them, but I didn't see much counter-attacking in that first half and with Hernandez up front, I wasn't expecting us to do nothing for 45 minutes.

Meddle with it = taking off Hernandez who did nothing, then putting on one of the best strikers in the box in the PL (Owen) at the end and dropping a player who is quickly becoming one of the best passers in the PL to CM (Rooney) and putting on your top scorer and the PL top scorer? (Berbatov)

Could perhaps have gone for it, though. Kick us while we're down and all that.

you mean the onslaught that increased after valencia came on? riiiiiight

the side failed to execute the plan becuase they didnt play well enough

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

I still don't get it.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

Meddle with it = taking off Hernandez who did nothing, then putting on one of the best strikers in the box in the PL (Owen) at the end and dropping a player who is quickly becoming one of the best passers in the PL to CM (Rooney) and putting on your top scorer and the PL top scorer? (Berbatov)

Could perhaps have gone for it, though. Kick us while we're down and all that.

and given walcott all that space after his early warnings? no thanks he was a threat enough as it was

not really bothered if the game was exciting or not

we won and fought hard for the win and the 3 points

Thats all i ask from my team

deserved win imo, both sides could and probley should of had peno`s but in the end i think we were the better team on the day, great game and hopefully chelski can beat united and make the title race last till the last day.
cheering for the hammers next.