Arsenal vs Manchester United / May 1st - 14:05

you mean the onslaught that increased after valencia came on? riiiiiight

the side failed to execute the plan becuase they didnt play well enough

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

and given walcott all that space after his early warnings? no thanks he was a threat enough as it was

I guess - but you always gamble somewhat against us. Deep and narrow at the back for as long as it's 0-0. Evra could try and push Walcott back into his own half.

I know this way usually works - not saying SAF got it massively wrong at all just offering a suggestion..

More just your away form tbh - I said ages ago that I thought Arsenal could win this (as in in Feb sometime!) but I would have taken a draw.

Posted this in the Arsenal Thread :p

Don't care who wins the league but couldn't have asked for a better peformance - it's all I wanted, really. A determined performance to salvage some pride in the season - despite our ****** home form, we've beaten both Chelsea and Utd at home to overcome that inability to do it previously.

We have to bear in mind that Chelsea were completely out of form (though we battered them anyway!) and Utd have been v poor away from home but I always think there's a mental block for these players when playing Man U or Chelsea. They don't go into thinking "we can win" but more about their form against them.

Now that's been overcome, I can see us beating them both again next season.

Aaron Ramsey deserves that goal more than anyone else. Not just for his performance today but for his last 12 months.

We're a very different animal at OT, as you have discovered once already. Gonna be a huge game though

Your right you are a much better side at home. I would add 2 things to that one is that if we started with Drogba in the CL game at OT then i think the game would have been tighter and the 2nd is Chelsea have a great record at OT and i believe im right in saying were the last team to win there last season. So we know what it takes and it was a must win game for us last season and we did it. It will be huge.

O what a finale of games for Utd and Chelsea:

Chelsea - Utd, Newcastle, Everton
Man Utd - Chelsea, Blackburn, Blackpool.

On paper, Utd have the easier run-in

Have to agree. Although Utd struggle a little bit away to Blackburn but this is a poor Blackburn to be fair. Also Chelsea at Everton are woeful and have been for years.

UTC?
Ramsey stats: Arsenal's @aaronjramsey - 60 passes ( more than any other player) & a 92% pass completion rate.

Up the Chelsea? I'm sort of lost there too, tbh :p

Close mate.

Up
The
Chels

Your right you are a much better side at home. I would add 2 things to that one is that if we started with Drogba in the CL game at OT then i think the game would have been tighter and the 2nd is Chelsea have a great record at OT and i believe im right in saying were the last team to win there last season. So we know what it takes and it was a must win game for us last season and we did it. It will be huge.

Have to agree. Although Utd struggle a little bit away to Blackburn but this is a poor Blackburn to be fair. Also Chelsea at Everton are woeful and have been for years.

With an offside goal ;)

Chelsea win at OT then lose at Everton. United lose to Chelsea and lose to Blackburn.

We win all our games 3-0.

I CAN DREAM!

**** now we will have to celebrate the tittle away at Blackburn :(

Get off.

We are 3 points ahead of Chelsea and still have to play them, I couldn't give 2 ***** if we won the league at Blackburn.

And I have tickets so won't be complaining.

Get off.

We are 3 points ahead of Chelsea and still have to play them, I couldn't give 2 ***** if we won the league at Blackburn.

And I have tickets so won't be complaining.
Joking Mate :p bit it would be a bit nicer if it would be at OT coz it's 19th!

Although i didnt get this result correct i did say i thought Arsenal would play better without Fabregas. Time to cash in i think Arsenal.

O what a finale of games for Utd and Chelsea:

Chelsea - Utd, Newcastle, Everton
Man Utd - Chelsea, Blackburn, Blackpool.

On paper, Utd have the easier run-in

I see what your saying but I disagree. Blackburn and Blackpool are fighting relegation whereas Newcastle and Everton have nothing to really play for.

Although i didnt get this result correct i did say i thought Arsenal would play better without Fabregas. Time to cash in i think Arsenal.

I really disagree (about cashing in) - he's an excellent player but has had a bit of a difficult season with injuries (and now personal issues having ended his long-term relationship with his girlfriend) but has been much improved in recent games.

Didn't see your post earlier, though I assume (having seen other posts by you re: Cesc) that it was something to do with him wanting to leave and not wanting to play for Arsenal? Again, I have to disagree but I think that Ramsey played so well today because, like the rest of the Arsenal side, there was no pressure on him: No one EXPECTED him to step-up and lead the team on or to score the winner or play so brilliantly - they all had a point to prove and he had one, too.

He proved, emphatically, that at this early stage after his injury, his ability hasn't been affected too much. He also had a very good game vs Man U in the FA Cup and performed well on loan, twice. No one deserved that winner more than him - for his performance today, and for everything he's been through in the last 12 months.

I have high hopes for Aaron.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Pahaha - SAF on the Owen pen shout: "It's a clear penalty kick [...] we're not going to get a decision like that in big games [...] we never seem to get decisions in big games".

He does concede that Vida (Vidic, not sure why he says it like that!) flicked the ball with his hand but seems to suggest that they had more right to a penalty because Clichy's foul was more obvious. The other one still happened!

Owen was v gracious on twitter to be fair:

"Not seen tv replay but don't need to as I know mine was a pen. Heard people saying Arsenal should of had one too so can't complain too much."

Yes !!!!

Get in Arsenal

never expected to beat united

Rambo is a legend

Evra pwned this time. keeps blabbering shoit about us, like 'Mens vs kiddos' . what a ******. shows no respect at all, even to the opponent. like look at raul admiring giggs, and when carrick said good things about nasri and cese like month ago. dider also said about how arsenal is a big club for most french people in france.

so evra, learned a lesson , huh !

I see what your saying but I disagree. Blackburn and Blackpool are fighting relegation whereas Newcastle and Everton have nothing to really play for.

Have to disagree mate. We love nothing more than to throw a spanner in the works for somebody lol

How come nobody mentioned that Hernandez did nothing again. Even Owen was better than his today. The "great" partnership between Chicharito and Rooney has only 1 goal in the last 4 premiership rounds. This result and maybe title over is/would be only SAF's fault. Why keeping the league top goalscorer on the bench again .. ?

Just seen a few replays of the Owen pen appeal, and I take back what I said earlier (mainly because of a **** picture), definately a pen. Think the ref just wanted to even things up after the mistake earlier.

if we both got our pens

we would have still won 2-1 so no complaints