Arsenal's Jack Wilshere Arrested

CJ

Reaction score
Arsenal and England footballer Jack Wilshere has been arrested and released on bail after an alleged assault involving a woman.

A spokesperson for the midfielder said: "Jack Wilshere was arrested by police in the early hours following a fracas but was released on bail later.
"The police have made it very clear that he is an important witness to the incident and played the role of peacemaker and is unlikely to face any charges as a result.
"Jack has made it very clear he will co-operate fully with the police investigation."
The Metropolitan Police told Sky News that officers went to Kensington High Street, west London, at about 2.45am on Sunday, following reports of an assault.
Police said a woman had suffered a broken and dislocated elbow, while a man had sustained minor facial injuries.
They were both taken to hospital for treatment.
More to follow...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...Alleged-Assault/Article/201008415708926?f=rss

Last edited:
he played the role as peacemaker the article said

maybe he thort he better copy Gerrard, Rooney and Terry by getting himself on the news so he gets picked for the England squad (A)

Get your facts right lol. He wasn't arrested for assaulting any one, he was just a key eye witness and played the roll of peacemaker :)

Might want to change the OP a bit more informative, like putting in a bit of text from the article, rather than the opening headline and the link.

Just a suggestion.

Yes, thats what his lawyer said, but you don't get arrested for being a peacemaker, and i'm just quoting the article

you dont get arrested for being a peacemaker?

"The police have made it very clear that he is an important witness to the incident and played the role of peacemaker and is unlikely to face any charges as a result"

He's a good prospect & a good lad.

*sigh* It seems all footballer are arrested at some point or another. Publicity FTWZ

ok well what ever, you dont get arrested for being a witness either lol

for anyone who wants to challenge... i took law studys at college for 3 years

The police have made it very clear that he is an important witness to the incident and played the role of peacemaker and is unlikely to face any charges as a result.

Yes you do ?? search it and as long as you tried to stop the offence unless there was nothing you could do E.g the person had a weapon then there is no charges

plus it is likely he knew the person who carried out the assault

Pretty misleading thread title. Sounds like he's just been taken in as a witness.

Yes you do ?? search it and as long as you tried to stop the offence unless there was nothing you could do E.g the person had a weapon then there is no charges

plus it is likely he knew the person who carried out the assault

i cant and wont take a lecture on law (something i studied for long enough for two years) from someone with the name "pimpdollar".

If your a witness to a crime, you make yourself known to the police, they take your details and a quick statement. they then contact you and ask you to come to the station if the case continues. they dont arrest you. ever

They way it sounds, Jack has been arrested for being an acomplise (spelling) if he knew the person involved and there for the police take a view on it as he played an active role in the incident.

I have witnessed a car crash, an assault and a arson attack over the last few years and have never once been arrested just to back up my point.

Pretty misleading thread title. Sounds like he's just been taken in as a witness.
im not sure the spokesman knws the difference between being asked to come down as a material witness, and actually being arrested. you can be held for both but only arrested for the latter as far as i know

i cant and wont take a lecture on law (something i studied for long enough for two years) from someone with the name "pimpdollar".

If your a witness to a crime, you make yourself known to the police, they take your details and a quick statement. they then contact you and ask you to come to the station if the case continues. they dont arrest you. ever

They way it sounds, Jack has been arrested for being an acomplise (spelling) if he knew the person involved and there for the police take a view on it as he played an active role in the incident.

I have witnessed a car crash, an assault and a arson attack over the last few years and have never once been arrested just to back up my point.

**** Being a witness doesn't mean you give your self in ok you studied it but has it ever happened to you NO me YES

Well, to be fair - it's Sky News - they've probably got it mixed up. :S

EDIT: Irrelevant point considering it's on BBC News too. he may have hit/assaulted the attacker. Or he may well just be being held, hence "unlikely to face any charges"

Last edited: